Scouting - Poll & Discussion

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Check the fields you agree with:

Poll ended at Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:40 am

GENERAL ABOUT SCOUTING
1%
1. The ability to scout is mandatory for both Titan and Builders.
7%
2. The ability to scout is only mandatory for Titan.
1%
3. The ability to scout is only mandatory for Builders.
No votes
4. Builders' ability to scout is generally too strong.
4%
5. Titan's ability to scout is generally too strong.
No votes
TITANS' SCOUTING MECHANICS
1%
6. Each Titan should have equally strong Scouting.
No votes
7. Variation in Titans' scouting is a good thing.
7%
8. Variation in Titans' scouting is a bad thing.
No votes
9. Titan's scouting should get stronger as Titan gets stronger.
1%
10. Scouting's strength should be flat from the start.
7%
TITANS' SCOUTING ABILITY DETAILS
1%
11. Titan's scouting ability should be vision-granting ability only.
1%
12. Titan's scouting ability shouldn't grant True Sight.
1%
13. Titan's scouting ability could grant True Sight.
4%
14. Titan's scouting ability could be vision-preventing ability.
4%
15. Titan's scouting ability could be vision-manipulating ability.
4%
16. Titan's scouting ability could be Passive ability.
3%
17. Titan's scouting ability should be active ability.
3%
18. Titan's scouting ability shouldn't be unpredictable for the Titan.
5%
SCOUTING PREVENTION AND BOOSTING
1%
19. Titan should have a way to prevent Builders' scouting.
4%
20. Builders should have a way to prevent Titan's scouting.
5%
21. Titan should have a way to boost his scouting.
4%
22. Titan should have multiple item options to choose from, in regards of scouting.
7%
23. Items could affect the scouting abilities of Titans.
3%
THE PEARL OF VISION
1%
24. The "Pearl" should be removed from the game.
No votes
25. The "Pearl" is good as it is.
4%
26. The "Pearl" could be changed.
4%
27. The "Pearl" should remain in the game.
5%
28. The "Pearl" as an item is too strong.
No votes
29. The "Pearl" as an item is not too strong.
No votes
30. Currently the "Pearl" as an item is mandatory.
7%

Total votes: 76

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Re: Scouting - Poll & Discussion

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:10 pm

I voted for GENERAL ABOUT SCOUTING, TITANS' SCOUTING MECHANICS, TITANS' SCOUTING ABILITY DETAILS, SCOUTING PREVENTION AND BOOSTING and THE PEARL OF VISION.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:41 am

Keep the answers coming.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:16 pm

In my opinion scouting is extremely RNG in Island Defense, your early game can be completely lost by missing your first few pearls. It's a hard thing balance and even harder to have varied methods of good balanced reliable scouting. Titan having maphack would be an interesting thing to play around with, it'd make the game much more reliable and easier to balance.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Lynx wrote:In my opinion scouting is extremely RNG in Island Defense, your early game can be completely lost by missing your first few pearls. It's a hard thing balance and even harder to have varied methods of good balanced reliable scouting. Titan having maphack would be an interesting thing to play around with, it'd make the game much more reliable and easier to balance.

Thanks for the comment. However, I am not fan of the idea of revealing the map for the Titan, even thought as an idea it is pretty interesting.

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 pm

Umm, what if there was an thing like that after 15 mins after builder built that thing it would show up ?

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Sytec270 wrote:Umm, what if there was an thing like that after 15 mins after builder built that thing it would show up ?

I did not understand a thing you just said, perhaps you could rephrase it?

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Well like if the builder built a shelter, it would be revealed to the titan 15 mins later.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:06 pm

I see very little point in that. It both, discourages scouting and destroys hiding lumber bases.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 am

Remixer wrote:Thanks for the comment. However, I am not fan of the idea of revealing the map for the Titan, even thought as an idea it is pretty interesting.

How about just giving him a gigantic flying type vision that covers a large swath of the map?

Disclaimer: I have never played that map.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Update on Scouting

Postby Remixer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Hello, dear Islanders

The poll got less attention than was hoped for, this is however understandable, for after all not a big chunk of the community visits the ENT gaming forums regularly. However, the poll has been taken out. I also received some feedback about the poll itself, and as was already planned, we won't be using ENT gaming polls anymore for various reasons. Firstly, they're hard to share easily and get votes on. Secondly they are very limited, not always fitting needs or requirements that we might have. For this reason we'll be using another poll source from now on.

Also, thanks for all the comments I got, I was hoping more discussion but we'll have to do with this for now. I am now opening the thread for more specific discussion, based on the information and sketching I'm presenting now. I'll try to explain why each action is done and what is the purpose of details, without forgetting the bigger picture and goal of the scouting update.

Poll Results
The poll's results were widely as I was expecting them to be, and the overall opinion that I've gotten also supports the thoughts I had before hand. Many players seem to think that Builders' ability to scout is too strong, even if they think it's mandatory. People also like the idea of having different variations and diversity in scouting and this is taken into account in various ways. A lot of people hoped for more variation when it comes to scouting as a Titan and I've tried to create alternative item choices that will ease-up the scouting for the Titan and thus reduce the requirement for the Pearl as an item. Many people feel like the Pearl right now is mandatory, and I am trying to take another direction - trying to make the Pearl as an item less mandatory, having games with other options than the standard Pearl, that every Titan buys right now. The poll also told me that people would like to see a flat-powered Titan scouting, meaning that levels wouldn't make the scouting stronger, or that bought items shouldn't have an effect on the scouting ability. This is something I was not hoping to see and I will later explain why and which direction I am going for.

Planning
Overall, a lot about scouting is going to be changed: new items for the Titan (and builders), reworked scouting abilities for every Titan and a lot changes in units and buildings and how they affect vision.

1. Generally, Builders' vision seems to be overpowering. This is to be expected: 1 unit versus 10 players with their buildings scattered all across the map mostly means, that Builders constantly have vision of the Titan. This has various effects on the gameplay itself. One of my goals is to encourage the Titan to leave the Gold Mound area, to seek out Builders around the map. This itself, helps balancing the game, for situations where not a penny is gotten out of the mound should be reduced, overall reducing the amount of games when there's nothing for the gold-hungry Builders to do.

As a result for this, the vision Builders have around the map will be reduced. This means that harvesters, walls and general buildings will grant less vision. This however, does not mean that Builder unit themselves wouldn't be able to see. The fact that currently a single wall has bigger vision range than the Titan itself is not acceptable. Towers, will not get their vision range reduced, at least not for now, this is because basing is not something I want to make harder. Restricting vision around a complete base isn't something that is asked for.

2. Titan's itemization is going to get a change as well. For now, I am only focusing on Scouting but later on, the rest of the items will get an update as well (at least that is planned). New items are planned and changes to the existing items will happen. I expect you wish to read some concepts and ideas more carefully so I decide to share them:
Item Concepts:
Pearl of Sight
Reveals a selected area of the map for a short period.
- Works similarly to the current Pearl, however does not grant True Sight of the area.
[This item is planned to replace the current Pearl of Vision. Pearl of Sight is weakened version of that item, granting no True Sight and reveals smaller area. Pearl shouldn't be the best tool in all scenarios and reducing the area of effect, makes situations where 4 lumber bases are revealed simultaneously more rare. On the other hand, the cooldown of the Pearl of Sight could be shorter than its current counter part, allowing for more precise and scattered scouting.]

Pearl of Grand Sight
- Works similarly to the current Pearl, however does not grant True Sight of the area.
[This item is most close to the current Pearl of Vision. This is a stronger version of Pearl of Sight (obviously), affecting larger area and for extended duration. This would be a recipe item, meaning that it wouldn't be bought on the instant you step on the map as a Titan.]

Torch of Darkness
Active: Sets up a torch to the target area for a long period. The torch reveals the surroundings, becoming visible if walked nearby.
- Brand new consumable item, allowing to create sort of "customs" for the Titan, to constantly reveal key-spots of the map.
[This item is something that allows Titan to have vision of exact certain spots he wishes for a longer period of time. The Torches are invisible, unless an enemy unit walks near them. The Torches are planned to last several minutes, but they're also going to be destructible, meaning that once spotted by a Builder, that torch is most likely gone for good. This item is be something that could be dropped for the Titan, like Tridents and Armored Scales do right now.]

Torch of Eternal Darkness
Active: Sets up a torch to the target area for a long period. The torch reveals the surroundings, becoming visible if walked nearby.
- Stronger, infinite version of Torch of Darkness (similar to Eternal Wards <> Healing Wards)
[A recipe version of the Torch of Darkness. Granting other bonuses as well, allowing for infinite Torches. These Torches could even grant True Sight, not decided yet.]

Axe of Manhunt
+ Attack Damage
+ Mana
Passive: Hit enemies are hunted for a semi-long period of time, upon moving, their location is shown to the Titan.
- An item that allows Titan to track down too greedy builders, getting them into dire danger unless the hunt is prevented by purging the target.
[A recipe item somewhere between 40-60 total gold. There's also a stronger version of this item, granting other boosts. General idea is to put Builders with Teleport or similar into danger too. Forcing them to be careful not to reveal their location after their escape is used.]

Scouter's Medallion
+ Movement Speed
Passive: Periodically replenishes small amount of mana for the carrier, if the carrier is not wounded.
Passive: Destroying 25 buildings grants this item "Homecall" ability.
Active (Homecall): Consumes the item, falsely alarming Builders of an enemy attack. After a brief moment Teleports the user to the Gold Mound, interrupting and heavily slowing down the Builders nearby for short duration.
- A good item for some one who is roaming around the map, destroying lumber bases until coming back for shopping.
[This is a powerful item. Not only does it boost your scouting and roaming effectively, it also grants you deadly Homecall ability. Homecall is a lot faster teleportation than the current "Teleport". The interruption punishes Builders who are channeling something at the mound (like Teleport), and then slows them so heavily that there's very little hope to escape.]

Necklace of Truth
+ Hit Points
+ Hit Point Regeneration
Active: Grants the user True Sight for a short duration. Upon activation, charms the location. When an enemy unit steps on the charmed location, the charm activates, slowing the triggering unit and after a short duration the Titan swaps locations with the triggering enemy unit.
[This item is multi-use item, allowing to counter stealth for a moment and also a surprise-attack on the mound. When used correctly, this item can also destroy a Builder's, like Draenei's escape completely.]

3. Titan's scouting abilities themselves are also getting an overhaul. Currently, some of the "scouting" abilities are not really "scouting" they're just a poor vision granting tool that is useful in some scenarios. The purpose of these changes is to create useful and different scouting styles and abilities. Some that are strong early on - some that are strong later on in the game. Note that not all of these abilities work on the "vision" any more. But instead are a way for the Titan to know what is going on the map - regardless of his location.

Glacious - Ice Mirrors
Glacious stars forming a chunk of ice, after semi-long duration, the ice forms a mirror. The mirror grant vision of the surrounding area and slow down nearby enemies. Ice Mirrors can be destroyed. When a builder is revealed by one an alarm is played for the builder.
- Allows Glacious to create Ice Mirrors around the map, creating permanent non-invisible wards.
[This is extremely strong scouting ability. It lacks in the early game, but it is very strong later on. Destroying these Ice Mirrors is pretty quick. Just a few hits and they're broken - but in some scenarios there wouldn't be enough time to destroy them. Note that these mirrors isn't something that the Titan can use for quickly blocking off Builders' movement.]

Lucidious - Cloud Reflection
Lucidious stops for a brief moment and gazes at the clouds seeing the reflection of the ground and a line of map is revealed to him for a short period of time.
- Sort of "chain pearl" for Lucidious. The line is formed with small circles that reveals a straight line, instead of a large circular area.
[The point of the change is to remove "second pearl" from Lucidious. Line creates more handy tool, allowing Lucidious to position himself to reveal very nice spots. The circle version was in a way too powerful - regardless of your position the vision was as big and as convenient and also very lethal for a Builder who happened to be in the center - the edges were so far away. Cloud Reflection grants True Sight.]

Sypherious - Abyssal Trap / Noxious - Toxic Trap
Sypherious sets up a trap for a long period of time. The trap is invisible and detonates when an enemy unit steps on it, releasing a cloud of slowing gas and reveals the triggering unit for a short duration.
- An invisible trap that reveals the triggering unit for a short duration.
[In case you did not know, Sypherious is something that I'm planning to rework into a Titan called Noxious (poison based Titan). This scouting ability allows the Titan to strategically place traps, not only granting him information of the Builders' movement but also hunt them down easier. Does not help you spot a lot early on, but can be lethal in the late game.

Voltron - Valence Electron
Voltron concentrates the electric charges around him and sends out uncontrollable lightning spheres to scout the area around him for a semi-long duration. The spheres are untargettable.
- The current version of Voltron's scouting.
[Was just recently reworked so it's not getting another rework now. Instead, I see some potential for changes here, like granting more vision per sphere.]

Moltenious - Summon Phoenix
Moltenious summons a phoenix egg that he surrounds with flames. After a short duration the egg hatches and a Phoenix rises. The Pheonix can be controlled to scout the map.
- The Phoenix starts as an egg, to remove the "instant-reveal-bird". The Phoenix can also be killed in future.
[The Phoenix is currently the best scouting in game. And in many scenarios it is over powered. It's the stronger scouting when it comes to revealing and finding Builder structures. It's also strongest when chasing a certain builder, granting invulnerable bird that reveals invisible units as well is too strong.]

Demonicus - Shroud of Darkness
Demonicus summons Dark Shades to the target area covering it with darkness, reducing enemy vision. The Shades will haunt the area, and start to follow any unit they walk upon, revealing them.
- Demonicus selects a large area of the map to manipulate enemy vision and gets vision himself.
[This is vision-manipulating ability, reducing vision of enemy structures and units to pretty much nothing. Builder units' vision is not reduced as greatly. The ghosts will walk around the area and will start to follow up any units that they come across of. The whole duration of Shroud of Darkness is 15-30 seconds.]

Terminus - Tremble Sense
Terminus focuses his senses for a short duration, and is granted vision of moving units for multiple brief moments.
- Terminus can activate a passive skill for a short duration, granting him vision of all units in a selected area.
[Tremble Sense is very strong ability, when it comes to chasing. Getting constantly refreshed vision is strong. Tremble Sense fits Terminus' theme very well and replaces his "free floating eye" scouting ability. This ability could also work with pings instead of granting actual vision. It's not decided yet.]

Bubonicus - Scouting
I decided not to change Bubonicus' scouting ability as he's currently based around using the corpses. This can be evaluated later on, but for now it's not subject to change unless it's heavily favored of course.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Just want to comment saying that I appreciate the effort you are putting into this Remixer, I can see ID flourishing if you continue doing your thing :)
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post (total 2):
FollowingPath (Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am) • Remixer (Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:26 pm)

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Re: Update on Scouting

Postby FollowingPath » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:43 am

Remixer wrote:Pearl of Sight
[This item is planned to replace the current Pearl of Vision. Pearl of Sight is weakened version of that item, granting no True Sight and reveals smaller area. Pearl shouldn't be the best tool in all scenarios and reducing the area of effect, makes situations where 4 lumber bases are revealed simultaneously more rare. On the other hand, the cooldown of the Pearl of Sight could be shorter than its current counter part, allowing for more precise and scattered scouting.]

I read through the reworked titan scouting abilities and I'm wondering how exactly they'll have access to true sight if it's removed from Pearl. Removing the true sight seems like a game-breaking nerf when only 2 of the titans (3 if Terminus' has true sight) have access to it through other means.

What are your plans here? In my opinion, removing so much true sight will give an unnecessary buff to builders that have access to windwalk, especially against Moltenious if his only true sight has a delayed effect.
I really liked the idea of a bigger Pearl with a longer cooldown, but I really think it should have true sight. The longer cooldown means you can't just scout endlessly if you also want to kill builders with windwalk. A longer cooldown also puts more emphasis on the titan's scouting abilities, which I'm guessing is the point of reworking pearl. The reason I don't think the smaller Pearl will work with true sight is because of the increased movement speed windwalk grants (except if you're playing magnataur gg nice 10%.) The builders would leave the revealed area too quickly.

Remixer wrote:Active: Sets up a torch to the target area for a long period. The torch reveals the surroundings, becoming visible if walked nearby.
- Brand new consumable item, allowing to create sort of "customs" for the Titan, to constantly reveal key-spots of the map.
[This item is something that allows Titan to have vision of exact certain spots he wishes for a longer period of time. The Torches are invisible, unless an enemy unit walks near them. The Torches are planned to last several minutes, but they're also going to be destructible, meaning that once spotted by a Builder, that torch is most likely gone for good. This item is be something that could be dropped for the Titan, like Tridents and Armored Scales do right now.]

This and the Eternal torch would practically need to be free or have something more to offer than just vision in order to supersede Floating Eye. It's already really cheap and far superior in every aspect. If not, it's just going to end on the list of items that people never use because there's a better alternative (looking at you two, Force Trident and Mystic Coral.)

Remixer wrote:Axe of Manhunt
+ Attack Damage
+ Mana
Passive: Hit enemies are hunted for a semi-long period of time, upon moving, their location is shown to the Titan.
- An item that allows Titan to track down too greedy builders, getting them into dire danger unless the hunt is prevented by purging the target.
[A recipe item somewhere between 40-60 total gold. There's also a stronger version of this item, granting other boosts. General idea is to put Builders with Teleport or similar into danger too. Forcing them to be careful not to reveal their location after their escape is used.]

Items in that price range need to add something to your base sieging other than just damage, which is already overlooked in favor of armor/regeneration. If not, maybe make it a single-purchase item in the 15-20 range? Spending 40-60 gold to essentially just see where builder teleport (something you can already guess at by looking at the direction the builder faces when teleporting) is very steep, and I don't imagine myself ever getting it, especially in games where gold is hard to come by. If, one the other hand, it provided just a small +10 damage boost or so and increased mana regeneration instead of a flat mana amount, it suddenly looks way more attractive to me. This also synergizes well with scouting ability spam (unless they won't have a mana cost.)

All in all your ideas are a nice and welcome change of pace in my opinion. Though if items are to be added and changed I would like to see more mid-game items. At the moment you have your mandatory early-game items that transition straight into a late-game item spam. Mid-game items would allow more customization for item builds depending on how much gold you have.

Keep it up!

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for your comment @FollowingPath
I read through the reworked titan scouting abilities and I'm wondering how exactly they'll have access to true sight if it's removed from Pearl. Removing the true sight seems like a game-breaking nerf when only 2 of the titans (3 if Terminus' has true sight) have access to it through other means.
The idea is to improve the stealth in the game. Currently, many of the scouting abilities or items, such as the Pearl, offer way too powerful force against stealth. On the other hand, the idea is also to improve scouting and vision of the Titan in other situations. Currently, for example Moltenious gets a flying scouter with true sight at the instant he casts it, and even if he casted it to counter a wind walk and fails to accomplish what he wanted, the phoenix is still a powerful scouter.

I perhaps should have mentioned that all tweaks and changes are still possible, so the scouting abilities might grant true sight, then again I wish to offer alternative ways to grant it. In general, the combination of items should be powerful, not the single items. For example, catching some one with wind walk gets easier, if you have Axe of Manhunt and manage to sneak on some one with stealth - they can run for a moment but you'll know where they are. But yes, the restriction of True Sight is intended, and it's very likely that the Pearl of Grand Sight could for example, grant true sight in smaller radius.

The reason I don't think the smaller Pearl will work with true sight is because of the increased movement speed windwalk grants (except if you're playing magnataur gg nice 10%.) The builders would leave the revealed area too quickly.
That is the exact point of having the smaller pearl. The "small" pearl wouldn't cost as much, since it would not grant True Sight, and thus would be only for scouting - more or less. Then, if the Titan is in a situation where he needs True Sight, he is able to upgrade his items to grant it. Currently, the Titan is forced to pay for True Sight, even if he does not want it.

This and the Eternal torch would practically need to be free or have something more to offer than just vision in order to supersede Floating Eye. It's already really cheap and far superior in every aspect. If not, it's just going to end on the list of items that people never use because there's a better alternative (looking at you two, Force Trident and Mystic Coral.)
The base torches would be similar to healing wards, in terms of dropping and price, so getting multiple floating eyes would be more expensive. Floating Eye is something that I am looking into - it's such a powerful tool for so little effort that it might require a nerf - in some way. The torches were originally intended to last for up to 6.00 minutes, but this is something that is not written in stone yet. As mentioned in my post, the Torch of Eternal Darkness would grant other bonuses as well, for example it could grant True Sight or extend Titan's vision - who knows. This all depends on what kind of items I end creating, so the build-path is somewhat logical.

Items in that price range need to add something to your base sieging other than just damage, which is already overlooked in favor of armor/regeneration. If not, maybe make it a single-purchase item in the 15-20 range? Spending 40-60 gold to essentially just see where builder teleport (something you can already guess at by looking at the direction the builder faces when teleporting) is very steep, and I don't imagine myself ever getting it, especially in games where gold is hard to come by. If, one the other hand, it provided just a small +10 damage boost or so and increased mana regeneration instead of a flat mana amount, it suddenly looks way more attractive to me. This also synergizes well with scouting ability spam (unless they won't have a mana cost.)
The price seems fair to me, as there are other items for Titan if he thinks sieging is something he'll do soon. If it takes a while, he's able to upgrade the item into something more powerful - Axe of Slaughter, that provides better fitting stats for sieging - granting mana on hit and more damage - and so on. The idea is to provide alternative items for the Titan, that can then be built into something that fits the latter situation the Titan ends up in.

All in all your ideas are a nice and welcome change of pace in my opinion. Though if items are to be added and changed I would like to see more mid-game items. At the moment you have your mandatory early-game items that transition straight into a late-game item spam. Mid-game items would allow more customization for item builds depending on how much gold you have.
Yes, thank you. Keep in mind that these items were solely scouting focused, and have nothing to do with planned itemization itself. Also, note that one of the goals is to make Titan's gameplay less "luck-dependant", so generally gold for the Titan would be something that's easier to come by.
These users thanked the author Remixer for the post:
FollowingPath (Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm)

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:46 pm

@FollowingPath

Update on the topic:
Some changes has been made to things and some things have been confirmed-ish

1. All titan scouting abilities will grant true sight.

2. Pearl of Grand Sight will grant true sight in a smaller radius than it's full sight granting radius.

3. Mystic Staff of Gods does not grant permanent true sight. Instead, this type of occasional boost is given to the Necklace of truth (see concept above).

4. Floating Eye is most likely not going to hover above the island after the scouting update, at least not in the form we know it right now.

Thats it for now, more concrete plans shared once they're formed enough.

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Didn't read much of the thread (only my opinions matter), all I can say is FP is probably right.

General concepts about scouting:

Titan can lose the game very quickly by not landing any early pearls. If you don't buy pearl, you're fucked m8.
Builders can scout and block the map incredibly efficiently with partially constructed buildings. One dedicated builder can basically wall out a titan at 0 cost.
Pathing and fog are easily the hardest part about playing Titan.
Windwalk is very good vs. bad titans, and very bad vs. good titans.

Some ideas:

Give Titan a vision welfare timer, like GP. Maybe every 5 minutes give a full map pearl for a couple of seconds so the Titan can see where feed is. This will also add some strategy to the builders on when to base and where to be standing when those timers hit. Builders get welfare if they do terribly and are able to stall for 30 mins, and the titan is only punished if he plays bad. Would consider cutting 30 min GP timer in half so there's a 15 and 30 min timer for this, maybe for 45g a piece, or 30/60? I've also mentioned similar timer-based buffs for the titan as well, such as a mini at 10 mins if there are no kills. Very bandaidy fixes, but GP is a very much a bandaid fix as well, and it's an integral part of ID.

Make MSOG (or a different item) give flying vision as well as truesight. It's a heavy gold investment for MSOG as it is, but unless there's still a Sat alive or you are preventing builders from basing, it's basically not worth it to buy the item.

Give pearl to titan's at start of the game instead of random item. Cut starting gold to 10. Or, make Ankh purchasable and give pearl instead.

Any way to make deconstructing wood only buildings cost not refund? If you cancel an ARC, you should get the refund, but I think having no refund for canceling wood cost buildings would be a step in the right direction. I think Lynx- has mentioned this before. It would put a cost on wallwalking and fog blocking. Maybe with this change, faggot sats wouldn't be able to ww away at racecar speed at minute 1 without running out of wood.

I like the idea of axe of manhunt.

I like the idea of the titan being able to buy scouting wards.

Let me buy a short-dick blink dagger on titan.
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Return to “Island Defense”