remove auto punish please, then release new verison

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Lynx
Donator

Re: remove auto punish please, then release new verison

Postby Lynx » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Let's not forget that this topic and change is in favor of new titans, experienced titans can just as easily as I type -oldkeys every game change the punishment system while a newer titan is already overwhelmed about all the different things titans have the options to do

Ryanb9
Resource Storage

Postby Ryanb9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 pm

Lynx wrote:Let's not forget that this topic and change is in favor of new titans, experienced titans can just as easily as I type -oldkeys every game change the punishment system while a newer titan is already overwhelmed about all the different things titans have the options to do

Also, players who never play titan, if they are playing minions sometime then they can gradually get used to it. Then maybe they would be more likely to play titan (and island defense is not suffering from an abundance of titan players at the moment).

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:26 am

Fairly good points I have to admit. Perhaps we should change it back to auto-punish disabled? Good Titans can (although annoying) change it every game to enabled, while newer Titans, who already have a lot to take in, can focus more on their main Titan, rather than getting their minion killed every time they might get one.

Ryanb9
Resource Storage

Postby Ryanb9 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Remixer wrote:Fairly good points I have to admit. Perhaps we should change it back to auto-punish disabled? Good Titans can (although annoying) change it every game to enabled, while newer Titans, who already have a lot to take in, can focus more on their main Titan, rather than getting their minion killed every time they might get one.

Glad to hear it.

IAmDragon
Armored Tree

Postby IAmDragon » Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 pm

We're working on making minis have more of a role in the game rather than heal-bots/nuke-bots. It'll take a while to do but we're working on it @Ryanb9

Ryanb9
Resource Storage

Postby Ryanb9 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 pm

IamDragon wrote:We're working on making minis have more of a role in the game rather than heal-bots/nuke-bots. It'll take a while to do but we're working on it @Ryanb9

Honestly I don't see that as being related to this thread but rather as something else completely (as its own, unrelated tangent) but then again maybe you weren't saying it was highly related to begin with. That being said im wishing you good luck with it I hope it goes well. Thanks for keeping the code from going stale.

IAmDragon
Armored Tree

Postby IAmDragon » Wed May 09, 2018 10:08 pm

@Ryanb9 I brought that up because right now minis aren't that fun to play. It's just a fact they are pretty boring to play. You either attempt to nuke or heal with them, but that's about it.

That's also the reason I turned on auto-punish. Not many builders that die want to play minis

KamiKadse
Armored Tree

Postby KamiKadse » Tue May 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Minis are not just nuke and heals bots. They are essential for map control.

"I brought that up because right now minis aren't that fun to play. It's just a fact they are pretty boring to play. You either attempt to nuke or heal with them, but that's about it"
This is not true for everyone^

Back to the main topic. I'd prefer that auto punish stays how it is at the moment.

Return to “Island Defense”