Murloc Changes (Towers/Walls)

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Murloc Changes (Towers/Walls)

Postby FollowingPath » Fri May 11, 2018 11:57 am

There's a general consensus that Murloc is way too weak in the early game. He's supposed to be the easiest and most newb-friendly builder in the game, but ironically he can't make a decent base without ARC upgrades. This post will include a few different suggestions that can aid in bringing Murloc up to the average powerlevel that other builders get measured against, but without being as basic as millt's "girlfriend."

Custom icons from HiveWorkshop.com

One for All, All for MRMRGLMR!
Spoiler!

Cost: 35 lumber, 100 lumber, 250 lumber, 500 lumber
Food Cost: 1
Damage: 15, 25, 35, 45 Piercing
Attack Range: 650, 700, 750, 900
Abilities: One for All, All for MRMRGLMR!

One for All, All for MRMRGLMR!
"A Murloc is strongest when surrounded by a hundred other Murlocs" -Some guy who claims he knows a lot about Murlocs.
The tower gains +1 damage for each other tower in an area of 500/700 around it.

Note: The base damage of towers has been lowered to encourage tower massing, something I think fits the "Murloc theme" of using numbers to overwhelm the enemy.)

There's Too Many of Them!
Spoiler!
Mossy Rock

Cost: 50 lumber, 250 lumber
Armor: 5, 15 Fortified
Health Points: 200, 450 (no upgrades)
Abilities: There's Too Many of Them!

There's Too Many of Them!
WARRGLMBR!
When this wall is destroyed, 2 Murlocs jump out and attack the nearest Titan or Minion within 400 range for 5 seconds before disappearing.
(Researched in the RC for 2,000 lumber.)

Murloc Protector

Health Points: 200
Armor: 0 Light
Damage: 20-20 magical damage
Attack speed: 1.0

Note: The idea is that Titan can either ignore them if he thinks he can tank it, or he can use 1-2 melee attacks to kill them. The risk of not attacking them is that the number is going to add up depending on how quickly Titan kills the walls. Ideally, they'll have no collision and their model will be big enough to be easily targeted, but not so big they can block the Titan from targeting something else.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: Murloc Changes (Towers/Walls)

Postby Merex » Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm

I like the ideas.

+1
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

NotYacapo
Forest Walker

Postby NotYacapo » Sun May 13, 2018 4:10 am

I actually think Murlocs Titan Hunter makes him one of the strongest builders in the game. Just for the simple fact that he can swim and kill wards like brushing dirt off his shoulder. You say he’s not strong early game and if it is early game then Titan shouldn’t have a mini or maybe one. Two if really good. It’s hard to for Titan to counter murlocs Titan hunter if used right. So I think murlocs actually very strong. Along with Mak because of there swimming TH’s.

Edit: Also after reading your idea about murlocs popping out of walls, could you imagine how OP murloc would be. Now Titan has to micro your TH to save his ward and focus on either walls or taking dmg with no ward. I really like your other idea though, one for all. I approve that.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Sun May 13, 2018 12:31 pm

NotYacapo wrote:I approve that.

My life just peaked
These users thanked the author FollowingPath for the post:
NotYacapo (Sun May 13, 2018 5:14 pm)

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Sun May 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Just dropping a comment here. So we did not do anything fancy with Murloc yet, but we did check his towers and found quite a few issues (that were fixed):
1. His Enhanced towers had less range than normal non-upgraded towers (675 -> 600), making his basing awkward if you could not go straight to Supers.
2. His Super Towers costed 350 lumber instead of 250, so he lost thousands of lumber unintentionally.
3. His Mega Long Dart Towers costed 50 lumber more after the upgrade was researched, which then again lead to unintentional lumber loss.

All in all we fixed the mentioned issues with Murloc's towers and also increased their damage and range (shifted power from Fiery Darts into the actual towers).

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun May 13, 2018 4:20 pm

FollowingPath wrote:There's a general consensus that Murloc is way too weak in the early game.

I feel like this is a general problem among most builders at the moment, lumber income is a bit too weak in my opinion.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 am

Was mainly that supers were weak at 700 range supers and 40 damage towers. Good suggestions though.

-Burn

Return to “Island Defense”