This game any alive still?

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

lordmillt4
Aura Tree

Re: This game any alive still?

Postby lordmillt4 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Marked wrote:
Haunt wrote:Quite frankly, we don't need people like millt. The community is better without them.

Dang and I thought I was the only one who would be saying this.

Glad to see other people understand who was good and who was braindead.

Ur funny marked, very freaking funny aint you, always seem to hate all the time dont you? i wonder why, is it because when we used to play i actually stomped every lobby you were in or something? i dont quite remember + bout the skybase thing, imagine going euro every single game because you tryhard in pub games meanwhile people like me tries to have fun. (Sorry for the late response) :)

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 pm

No offense, the Island Defense mods ive meet after i came back few months ago are really killing the game with their mostly random bans - even in DotA and especially LTD (including the league) they are 100 times nicer and less strict, but nowadays they are really at the bottom from the bottom - seems some of them they need to have something to let off their frustration i assume

One of the reasons the game is going more and more downhill

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm

@archol if you think that mods banned someone/you without a good reason, how about saying something about that at the proper forums with proof instead of going with the same old “all mods are nazis” bullshit?

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:24 pm

@Haunt

I dont care about my 3 day ban (26-28th), for just leaving a game in a 11 player game with no affects as builders after 13 minutes (even titans get less than me) - but 3 days for just leaving a game and the length compared to other rulebreakers? Thats the problem, or maybe the mod see me as problem (dislike)

I neither mentioned all mods - but a 3 days ban for leaving a game prior the 15 min banner without even a topic at the ban section (no one died, i didnt feed - even the mods in LIHL wondered why theres no topic) in a 11 players-game as builder, and then those mods not doing it for every player in that game and only a few like me or others - nearly every game i see at least 1-3 or more players who are leaving before the 15 min timer (or dont even pick a builder) or breaking the rules (people can confirm it or i just watch the last 10 replays from the bot, and post it), yet the mods ive meet are only banning randomly a few guys from time to time if they feel like it when they are ingame. Few days ago i talked with Haza about that (in LIHL discord), and few days later i was victim myself.

In LTD people are leaving games after 1 second or 1 hour, and most of those games get drawed (and mods dont even care, even in the league - as long it gets reported) and when a player leaves in LTD it has at least a 10 times bigger impact than one random public player in Island Defense. In LTD you have to rehost a game, in Island Defense you keep playing.

Just compare those 2 games and then you see the differences in behaviour regarding mods and ban behaviour, its quite sad how the community turned into or how mods hide behind the rules to feel better in real life - if you ban right, then ban fair and everyone who break a rule and not a few.

The mods ive saw are even breaking the rules too from time to time (you want proof? i can post it as ive rechecked some of their latest games if you tell me what the consequences for them are), so why come they dont ban themself for not following it?

Edit: Just check the lastest (!!!) replay from Ben_T, who didnt even ban his friend who was abusing an exploit/glitch and trust me (another mod had to do it AFTERWARDS), and there are few more from others ...
Last edited by archol on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author archol for the post:
Lynx (Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:05 pm)

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Bonus: The 2nd latest (!!!) game from the very same mod a titan left at minute 6 - and yet that mod didnt ban him at the same game and there was no ban topic either. Why he didnt ban him, yet a titan is way more important than a builder? 0 days as titan and 3 days as builder?

And those 2 games were only his latest two, where he acts like a hypocrite - no offense. You want more proofs? I can show easy

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:06 pm

good find archol, ye island defense moderation is poor and circlejerky

edit: the coco case also shows how island defense moderators act out of frustration rather than reason. Jazzman67/Av1on/Merex posting this in the island defense discord 1 hour prior to banning the non-maphacking, non-english speaking coco for 1 year https://i.imgur.com/tZB9LbQ.png .
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post:
archol (Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:09 pm)

archol
Treant

Postby archol » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Lynx wrote:good find archol, ye island defense moderation is poor and circlejerky

Well the only thing i can explain my ban is following ... I think some people are still living in the past and cant look into the future or forgive others - i did had a reputation, because i disbanded the biggest and 2nd oldest Island defense clan (after moneykiller´s) in Europa without notifiy anyone (and without any reasons) and ignored everyone, and went to Legion TD with a few inhouse players.

People got quite mad about that and even afterwards - that something from 10-12 years ago has still an impact nowadays is really sad. My clan at that time contained players like Nate, Max.Payne, Neco, Arty), Shadow-, Pongu and many more. Maybe the mod, who banned me, was there too

How does this game will improve when certain mods are still living in the past? I was LIHL mod and would feel ashamed if i acted like that.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:15 pm

@archol
archol wrote:I dont care about my 3 day ban

You are banned for 2 days. You got banned on 26th around 2300 BST, and you'll be unbanned 2 days later (28th 2300 BST). Not 3 days. So before going accusing people, please get the facts straight :P
archol wrote:In LTD people are leaving games after 1 second or 1 hour, and most of those games get drawed (and mods dont even care, even in the league - as long it gets reported) and when a player leaves in LTD it has at least a 10 times bigger impact than one random public player in Island Defense. In LTD you have to rehost a game, in Island Defense you keep playing.
Just compare those 2 games and then you see the differences in behaviour regarding mods and ban behaviour, its quite sad how the community turned into or how mods hide behind the rules to feel better in real life - if you ban right, then ban fair and everyone who break a rule and not a few.

If you think mods are abusing, why not say anything? Give us names and proof, not only "I saw one mod do X". That doesn't help.
archol wrote:The mods ive saw are even breaking the rules too from time to time (you want proof? i can post it as ive rechecked some of their latest games if you tell me what the consequences for them are)

They get banned like everyone else. Depending on the circumstances they might even get demoted.
archol wrote:Edit: Just check the lastest (!!!) replay from Ben_T, who didnt even ban his friend who was abusing an exploit/glitch and trust me (another mod had to do it AFTERWARDS), and there are few more from others ...

The reason Ben didn't ban in game is that he wasn't sure what was going on. It's difficult to pin point exactly how severely titan is abusing that glitch so checking the replay later is better. Kappa, who also was in the game, did the banning after watching the replay. Don't worry, we talked about it in Discord.
archol wrote:Bonus: The 2nd latest (!!!) game from the very same mod a titan left at minute 6 - and yet that mod didnt ban him at the same game and there was no ban topic either. Why he didnt ban him, yet a titan is way more important than a builder? 0 days as titan and 3 days as builder?

Why don't you PM him and ask?
Lynx wrote:edit: the coco case also shows how island defense moderators act out of frustration rather than reason.

@Lynx , please try to understand. Coco is not banned for MH anymore. He is banned for dodging. whether he MHed or not is irrelevant anymore because he dodged. If you go look at the ban request and appeal(s) made, you can see that it was slowly turning into his favor. If he had not dodged, he would be able to play right now. But he dodged, he gets 1 year ban. That is how ENT has always worked. Understand that now?
archol wrote:Well the only thing i can explain my ban is following ... I think some people are still living in the past and cant look into the future or forgive others - i did had a reputation, because i disbanded the biggest and 2nd oldest Island defense clan (after moneykiller´s) in Europa without notifiy anyone (and without any reasons) and ignored everyone, and went to Legion TD with a few inhouse players.
People got quite mad about that and even afterwards - that something from 10-12 years ago has still an impact nowadays is really sad. My clan at that time contained players like Nate, Max.Payne, Neco, Arty), Shadow-, Pongu and many more. Maybe the mod, who banned me, was there too
How does this game will improve when certain mods are still living in the past? I was LIHL mod and would feel ashamed if i acted like that.

I'm quite confident that Ben_T was not around when you did all that. So no, that is not the case.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Haunt wrote:
Lynx wrote:edit: the coco case also shows how island defense moderators act out of frustration rather than reason.

@Lynx , please try to understand. Coco is not banned for MH anymore. He is banned for dodging. whether he MHed or not is irrelevant anymore because he dodged. If you go look at the ban request and appeal(s) made, you can see that it was slowly turning into his favor. If he had not dodged, he would be able to play right now. But he dodged, he gets 1 year ban. That is how ENT has always worked. Understand that now?

I understand how you try to reason. I also think your views are completely illogical if the values of ENT are genuine to gaming, multiple factors have shown they are not.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Ehh .. Towards mods, not really - Moderators have never been above the rules (and i could easily give you a few examples of such, where they ended up banned, worse than most pubs would - i ruled those cases back then - and why? Cause as a moderator you're supposed to know the rules you're enforcing on the current community, so if you, out of all people, break these rules, there's no excuse to make up for it; I won't give you names publicly, but can easily remember 2 cases: 1 where he was banned for 4 days on a votekick, that was abusive (The votekicked user was indeed a troll, but the situation was badly managed, and at the point of the votekick, there was no reason to kick him), and the 2nd was a moderator who used a bannable/glitched build, and was banned for 5 days, without prior history), so no, mods aren't above rules (and even on the complaints, you can see some of them being called out for the way they managed the situation/behaved during games); So if you do have a case(s) where a moderator behaved/broke the rules, and wasn't banned for such (with legit facts/replay), i'd like to see it.

Regarding Coco case, well it's already been processed, and i do agree with the fact that Coco dodging was stupid, and took away his chance of appealing, however on the other hand, handing him a 3 months no dodge appeal (considering his initial ban was not even strong/cohesive enough to stand, considering most of the reviews that came after the initial ban was issued) was wrong - Yes he was wrong by dodging the ban, there's no doubt on that one, and i agree with keeping him banned to ensure that he knows that dodging is not a solution, but looking at the circunstances that caused him to dodge, mb looking over it and reducing that time would have been a better idea (And if you ask me, i would have gave him 2-3 weeks tbh)

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:23 am

@zeratul He was given the no dodge deal like most dodgers do, and he dodged after it.... Soooo.... If he had respected that, he wouldn't be banned anymore. Tbf, everyone crying about this case are just sad because they either don't understand the case or don't have all the facts. He dodged, was given the no dodge deal, he dodged, got banned for a whole year. His choices, I would have personally been in favor of approving his appeal after the no dodge period.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 am

Haunt wrote:@zeratul He was given the no dodge deal like most dodgers do, and he dodged after it.... Soooo.... If he had respected that, he wouldn't be banned anymore. Tbf, everyone crying about this case are just sad because they either don't understand the case or don't have all the facts. He dodged, was given the no dodge deal, he dodged, got banned for a whole year. His choices, I would have personally been in favor of approving his appeal after the no dodge period.

I never said he dind't deserve the ban for dodging - that one we can agree (despite his initial ban being right or not), just saying the duration on the deal was unfair given the circunstances around it, thats all :) but if he dodged after it again, then duration would never matter :P

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:59 pm

The reason people are pissed about the Coco thing is that the original ban should NOT have even happened, and he knew it shouldn't have happened. He broke no rule and generally cared about the community. There were many cases of Coco helping other players (granted he didn't speak english so they usually didn't understand him.)

The very first game I played with the dude he was Draenei, and I think it was Ben who was Dryad. Rather than do his own thing Coco ran right up to Ben, dropped a well of power at his feet, and started upgrading walls for him. He then ran out and started helping other players survive.

We're still talking about it because the ban for ban dodging is illegitimate, since he should have never gotten hit for maphack in the first place. How can you ban a player for dodging a ban that never should have existed, and was confirmed to be bullshit?
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Skipped
Basic Tree

Postby Skipped » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Yarragon wrote:We're still talking about it because the ban for ban dodging is illegitimate, since he should have never gotten hit for maphack in the first place. How can you ban a player for dodging a ban that never should have existed, and was confirmed to be bullshit?

This

Nun
Resource Storage

Postby Nun » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Yarragon wrote:The reason people are pissed about the Coco thing is that the original ban should NOT have even happened, and he knew it shouldn't have happened. He broke no rule and generally cared about the community. There were many cases of Coco helping other players (granted he didn't speak english so they usually didn't understand him.)

The very first game I played with the dude he was Draenei, and I think it was Ben who was Dryad. Rather than do his own thing Coco ran right up to Ben, dropped a well of power at his feet, and started upgrading walls for him. He then ran out and started helping other players survive.

We're still talking about it because the ban for ban dodging is illegitimate, since he should have never gotten hit for maphack in the first place. How can you ban a player for dodging a ban that never should have existed, and was confirmed to be bullshit?

Spoken like a wise man. Yarragon remains among the few voices of the community that speak with truth, inspiration, and intuition.

/w Yarragon k I gave u the online succ, now send me the link to the mh u used.

Return to “Island Defense”