This game any alive still?

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Zeratul

Re: This game any alive still?

Postby Zeratul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:07 pm

Well, while the initial ban could be wrong (as it proved to be "doubtful" - Personally i believe the moderator in question went on a witch hunt due to some random reason, but i'll leave it at doubtful), however 2 wrongs dont make 1 right (even when you're rangebanned, and you're completely innocent, you have to appeal it first, not dodge instantly), so quite frankly, yes the ban could have been wrong, but in no way does it give him the right to dodge it - Sorry but cant rly agree on that one (despite his initial ban being right or wrong): The only disagreement i had was on his no dodge deal, but apparently he dodged after that one as well, so duration would never matter.

Yes,he woulnd't have dodged if he wasn't banned in the first place, but dodging is the worst you can do imo, in any situation - It just shows you rly don't care about the situation, and you're just gonna avoid being banned, to play (whether you break the rules after again, or not), so the moment he dodged (instead of waiting for an answer on his appeal, which would have been positive most likely, given the reviews following the initial ban), he lost any possible reason he had at this point.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 pm

@FollowingPath just post an imgur link ya f*ck. You know ENT's image posting is bad and posting images through them is broken.

@zeratul I get that they have a rule about appealing first... but the point remains that if the original ban was bullshit there shouldn't have been a reason to ban for dodging, making the second ban just as bullshit as the first.

Also no need to sugar coat it. Merex / Av1on / Jazzman got mad, and banned Coco out of salt and rage, without even attempting to confirm the maphack. He's known for being unable to keep personal issues out of his judgement. There are screenshots of him saying, "Coco if you're in here, you're f*cked!" in all caps.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 am

- I agree that Coco shouldn't have been banned for 1 year for dodging something he was falsely banned for. That's far too long, even uakfb I think said that one week or one month should be fine.

- Personally I think we shouldn't be too much of a stickler for keeping people banned, it was ENT's fuckup in the first place to inconvenience coco, someone who plays 24/7.

- It's just a game, other major game companies don't give two fucks about ban dodging in the first place (although I get why ENT has it, I think this scenario is one of the exceptions to the rule)

- An idea I thought of was if Blizzard allowed CD key banning, that'd help with the ban dodging since every dodge they do they'd either have to pay money to play at an icafe (which might still have banned cd keys), or have multiple cd keys. CD key bans combined with IP bans would be a nice extra defense against ban dodgers.

-Burn

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Burn wrote:- I agree that Coco shouldn't have been banned for 1 year for dodging something he was falsely banned for. That's far too long, even uakfb I think said that one week or one month should be fine.

- Personally I think we shouldn't be too much of a stickler for keeping people banned, it was ENT's fuckup in the first place to inconvenience coco, someone who plays 24/7.

- It's just a game, other major game companies don't give two fucks about ban dodging in the first place (although I get why ENT has it, I think this scenario is one of the exceptions to the rule)

- An idea I thought of was if Blizzard allowed CD key banning, that'd help with the ban dodging since every dodge they do they'd either have to pay money to play at an icafe (which might still have banned cd keys), or have multiple cd keys. CD key bans combined with IP bans would be a nice extra defense against ban dodgers.

-Burn

Holy shit, Burn is alive! But the question is now what is his opinion on Millt?
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

KingVas
Basic Tree

Postby KingVas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:18 am

Games are always going on every single day. Discord is quite packed as well.

Return to “Island Defense”