Add new rule to Island?

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Slovak
Aura Tree

Add new rule to Island?

Postby Slovak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 am

Hello dear ENT community,

I would ask you, about " leave " as builder.
Most of builders leave, because titan get mini in 5 mins, and then 3 builders always left. What kind of point, has this game later?
They have to stay till game no end. Its like DotA, or another games, where you stay till game end.

I play Island Defense so pretty long, mine account name is Slovak, most of old players know.
And really, i was titan game before, i got minion 1 got dysc, and every one then left. Then there is no point.

Maybe, there should be a rule " warn ban " or " normal ban "

-Warn ban (2-4 hours)
-Normal ban(12hours - 1day)

Please try talk about that.
Best regards,
Slovak

Remixer
Forest Walker

Re: Add new rule to Island?

Postby Remixer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 am

"Leaving.
Builders which have not yet died may not leave within the first 15 minutes, unless it has been explicitly stated by an observer that they are willing to take over your builder, or at least 3 builders have already left or become observer."
Current rule.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 am

@BAuErGRiPTaC

Check the current rules page: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ng:IDRules
Suggestion change: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=128008

We recently changed the rule to ban both Defenders and Titan for leaving before 15 minutes unless 3 Builders or Titan have left. 3 builder exception applies to:
1) Builders that fail to pick during builder select period
2) Builders that never die or become minion/observer and leave as an alive builder
Note: Int suicide to avoid leaving bans holds a longer period ban than just leaving

This is not enforced by autoban though for many reasons (DM me for me details). Leavers should be reported on brq section where mods will review and ban accordingly.

Right now there are a lot of crashes due to the new patch, that may be part of the reason people leave. However, anyone that leaves voluntarily for invalid reasons before 15 minutes can be banned.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Also note, we fought to get this rule adjusted to be more fair for both sides. Before it was only the titan player allowed to leave at 15 minutes, builders were required to stay until they had either died, won, or lost the game. Currently if the game desyncs, if people crash, or if other such circumstances are met you probably wont be banned, even if someone reports it. There has been a number of games were 4 players desync and everyone agrees to go to the next one, as it's just no longer fun to play.

The rule has been debated for a while now. If you'd like to add your thoughts Kappa has already listed the places to do so.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “Island Defense”