Fireside chat "ID style"

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

idtitan
Armored Tree

Fireside chat "ID style"

Postby idtitan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:48 am

So it may be a minor history lesson to some, but I'm sure we have all heard of the famous "fireside chats" that FDR gave our parents, parents.. Way.. back in the 30's - 40's. Well.., they were nothing more than to comfort those feeling separated from their government in their time of need after the great depression, and before the "New Deal".

So here we are conversing Island Defense style with a bit of history at our belt.

i.e. Did you know for a while people were calling it Island Defence... Fuck, that shit bothered me....

Honestly my first topic for this evening is in regards to the constant disconnects that we are very often subject to; quick anecdote...
"well back in my day"... we used to join lobby's hosted by the community, possibly in the 3-5 capacity. You would hope your host did not have a vote kick on-board his hosting capabilities. Well.. let me tell you, I came across many in my time who very frequently kicked those who challenged his reign. Whether by kicking those who would be feeding a base, or kick those who killed the host as builder. Now I personally feel very lucky for the time i decided to pick up the title "IDTitan" and declare war against those hosts, killing red and then doing a swift "-Kick red" was but justice among those who didnt know how to host. :D

I bring this to your attention this very evening because you should not feel discouraged with the ever so frequent battle-net kick. Play strong! Play often! To over come this time is no different than those before you. By all means necessary keep this beautiful game alive, and share with all you know!

You are the community, let us keep the community at all costs.

Often absent, and yours,

-Kent

"Edit" not so edit, feel free to Grammar check me, drinks involved. Cheers!
These users thanked the author idtitan for the post:
Lynx (Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:06 pm)
Spoiler!

Burn
Protector of Nature

Re: Fireside chat "ID style"

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Yes pls keep the id community alive so that oldies can come back and play a few games then quit again

-Burn
These users thanked the author Burn for the post:
idtitan (Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:57 am)

Yarragon
Treant

Re: Fireside chat "ID style"

Postby Yarragon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Burn wrote:Yes pls keep the id community alive so that oldies can come back and play a few games then quit again

-Burn

Go do some bans or something ya mythical creature of old. Ya come like Christmas. Show up once a year, slide down our chimney's and then disappear into the cold.

@Burn ❤️
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “Island Defense”