The toxicity in this community

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Re: The toxicity in this community

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Telsa wrote:The altercation between you and Milt is a huge tell for me. I know Milt and I 100% trust when he says you're stalling, especially because you responded with "Well I was trying to win." instead of "I wasn't stalling." You've set up this convenient condition where you're a lone wolf so you don't have to respect the criticism of "people from the toxic clique". so you just want to pass it off as a disagreement. If you actually can't identify stalling, and you still feel equip to come to a forum and debate it, I feel like you're a really stubborn person who's stubbornness attracts toxic interactions. You're going to need to define toxic or start calling out specific names because otherwise I feel confident attributing you're issues to that.

As far as how Aze treats new players, I actually find its the semi-noob pubs who flip their shit whenever a little bit of feed happens from a noobie. Aze players seem to try and help new guys, at least when they respond, most don't. I personally try to throw out the discord when I see names I recognize, just to make people feel involved even if the channel isn't too relevant to shit, as we all know it's mainly Icekang preaching and Poe being cringey.

Don't know what you're on about, this has been my exact experience with u every time i've tried to discuss something when you're a part of the discussion. You make up some argument, that's not even relevant to the discussion. All i said is that I distance myself from that group, and that's because I don't want to be associated with that kind of behavior.

I'm not here to discuss whether i was stalling or not, I just responded to Millt, where he is free to think I was stalling, I just question the way the community looks at stalling.

If anything your response is evidence of what I see as a toxic group:
Telsa wrote:The altercation between you and Milt is a huge tell for me. I know Milt and I 100% trust when he says you're stalling, especially because you responded with "Well I was trying to win." instead of "I wasn't stalling." You've set up this convenient condition where you're a lone wolf so you don't have to respect the criticism of "people from the toxic clique". so you just want to pass it off as a disagreement. If you actually can't identify stalling, and you still feel equip to come to a forum and debate it, I feel like you're a really stubborn person who's stubbornness attracts toxic interactions. You're going to need to define toxic or start calling out specific names because otherwise I feel confident attributing you're issues to that.

If anything is convenient, it's your strawmanning of my argument. This thread isnt even about me stalling, geez.

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:24 pm

lordmillt4 wrote:I do agree this community is becoming more and more toxic-like because what the builders are doing more and more, when you’re a decent titan and people know you because how small the community is they become scared of doing solo or double bases and ends up with penta or hexa base which is difficult to beat as the titan cuz it shut downs ur feed even more

Agreed, and I don't have an issue with people making pentabases. They do it because they want to win, which is fair enough, if the titan isn't really fed it usually means the game is secured for the builders.

Ben_T
Treant Protector

Postby Ben_T » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 pm

I have to say, in regards to newer players, people like islandofweed refuse to listen to advice. All people like him say is just basically " I know what I'm doing" but in actuality they're missing a wall or they're deep walling bay, etc. Also, I have had too many games where a titan is stalling and has been sieging my base for over 10 minutes and we all just want the game to end. So we start doing more risky things like we might risk going to wall titan in when its actually a stupid idea to do that. We do stupid things like that because were tired and dont want to play the game anymore because of the stalling. Also people tend to afk in the base if the titan stalls. This causes many problems such as now the main baser isn't focusing their towers, using workerblock, etc all because you stalled. So just because you stall out a game for 5-10 minutes then win doesn't mean that stalling is fair. I could stall a game of titan just farming the first 1-3 walls until I get the item I want. Since im stalling and people want to leave, they might try to workerblock me in but that ends up just feeding me. In a regular situation, they wouldn't workerblock me in, but they want the game to end so they try whatever they can to kill me. Long rant there, but I'm just trying to say that there are so many things that stalling entails that you don't really think about.

EDIT: Sorry this is about stalling, I submitted this before I saw your previous post

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:57 pm

Ben_T wrote:I have to say, in regards to newer players, people like islandofweed refuse to listen to advice. All people like him say is just basically " I know what I'm doing" but in actuality they're missing a wall or they're deep walling bay, etc. Also, I have had too many games where a titan is stalling and has been sieging my base for over 10 minutes and we all just want the game to end. So we start doing more risky things like we might risk going to wall titan in when its actually a stupid idea to do that. We do stupid things like that because were tired and dont want to play the game anymore because of the stalling. Also people tend to afk in the base if the titan stalls. This causes many problems such as now the main baser isn't focusing their towers, using workerblock, etc all because you stalled. So just because you stall out a game for 5-10 minutes then win doesn't mean that stalling is fair. I could stall a game of titan just farming the first 1-3 walls until I get the item I want. Since im stalling and people want to leave, they might try to workerblock me in but that ends up just feeding me. In a regular situation, they wouldn't workerblock me in, but they want the game to end so they try whatever they can to kill me. Long rant there, but I'm just trying to say that there are so many things that stalling entails that you don't really think about.

EDIT: Sorry this is about stalling, I submitted this before I saw your previous post

to be fair the way you talk to islandofweed is extremely toxic and condescending, especially from a player like you with as you two are pretty similar skill level.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Hey @lynx as good as you are, you're sounding a bit full of yourself there dude. We've all played against each other multiple times, and we've beaten you just as often as you beat us.

I'd like to suggest everyone in this thread chill the hell out and either ignore the few people that *do* flame (IE: Millt, Kang, ect.) or @yetdefect find a different group of friends to play with and stick with them. You don't have to like the Azeroth / regular players, but if you're going to complain about us instead of talking / playing / hanging out with the community, I'd suggest you not make broad claims about everyone.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

DJHentaiDaddy
Aura Tree

Postby DJHentaiDaddy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Why can't people just accept criticism? Great, someone told you you're bad. Just deal with it. !ignore is also there for a reason. Stop bitching and crying about toxic players and get better than them. Then you can shut them down whenever.
Also Lynx- is distancing himself from Azeroth. So what? Let him do his thing why does everyone care lmao
I like toxicity because it helps players become better.
"Oh shit they're talking shit again I don't like it so I'll get better at this" <---- general trend
to be honest if no one shit talked, the community would be a lot lower in terms of skill.

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:41 pm

ok so this is epcijk

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

@Yarragon I'm calm, I have to admit that I made this thread after a lot of bad experiences that happened to me within the span of a few hours. But now, I'm as calm as ever, and if anything I just enjoy the discussion, and laughing at Tesla calling me a neckbeard for using the word "individual" xD

But even if I made this thread in that context, I still stand by what I said. I have actively tried to work towards a less toxic community. And I think it's important that the attitude we have is more casual, seeing as pub ID games if we're being honest are really just casual past time activities. At least I would like to get the most out of my experiences when I play ID, its a great game and I don't want to stop playing it.
Last edited by Yetdefect on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJHentaiDaddy
Aura Tree

Postby DJHentaiDaddy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:48 pm

hAhaHahAhAA
the iRonY
iS tHaT
yOu'Re
bEinG toXiC
rIgHt nOw

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Yetdefect wrote:@Yarragon I'm calm, I have to admit that I made this thread after a lot of bad experiences that happened to me within the span of a few hours. But now, I'm as calm as ever, and if anything I just enjoy the discussion, and laugh at Tesla calling me a neckbeard for using the word "individual" xD

But even if I made this thread in that context, I still stand by what I said. I have actively tried to work towards a less toxic community. And I think it's important that the attitude we have is more casual, seeing as pub ID games if we're being honest are really just casual past time activities. At least I would like to get the most out of my experiences when I play ID, its a great game and I don't want to stop playing it.

If it’s casual then stop picking same 2 titans u homO

you cant claim casual when u tryhard and stall out lost games

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm

@DJHentaiDaddy That's clearly not the issue we're discussing tho, and I think you're mixing up the term toxicity with criticism.

Also, how would you rate your skill? It's completely subjective, and many people rate themselves higher than others when they're to me, not very good at all. So your suggestion to just become better so that you can do the same thing to them is kind of riddiculous imo.
Last edited by Yetdefect on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yetdefect
Resource Storage

Postby Yetdefect » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 pm

@e0e0e0e0 wtf does that have to do with anything? I play whatever titan I want, and u can make penta bases all day long, don't see how they're even comparable. Assuming you're the same person that made that claim yesterday.

e0e0e0e0
Forest Walker

Postby e0e0e0e0 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Yetdefect wrote:I request more people standing out of the group. Please stop being so incredibly toxic, especially against titans. You're free to be in your friendgroups unbothered talking shit, and you're free to look up to members of the community that u respect. But the behavior I see on a daily basis is disgusting, due to the height at which u hold yourselves at when we're talking about ID skill, geeze people. It means 0.

You'd think this would go without saying, but the ENT-staff group together with some of the people giving themselves "name value" are so goddamn toxic, that I really cant stand it.

FYI, the only ENT staff that plays ID is Ben and Kappa, and rarely do they play. Use !ignore if you don’t like others behaviours, when you go titan, might as well ignore the other team because what they say doesn’t matter you crybaby.

Also, there is no reason to not be toxic against titans, there are tons of titan players and half the people in this “group” know how to titan just as well as you, if not better. You’re trying to be some type of lone voice of good, but you really are more of a cyst/tumor. And the reason we were being aggressive in our games with you is because you stalled out and even when the bases would double/triple in power and you couldn’t break one wall, you’d still be poking at that single wall, as if you had a chance against fully-fed, maxed-out, builders.

Considering you got votekicked multiple times yesterday, you should at least take the hint that you’re doing something wrong.

DJHentaiDaddy
Aura Tree

Postby DJHentaiDaddy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Clearly criticism today = toxicity
If I tell someone they suck they will take it as toxic behavior but it's fair criticism. You're just bad.

seto
Aura Tree

Postby seto » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13 pm

@merex am I allowed to make comments in this thread or I will I get banned?

Return to “Island Defense”