[4.0.0] Island Defense: Tides of Redemption

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Neco
Treant Protector

Re: [4.0.0] Island Defense: Tides of Redemption

Postby Neco » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 pm

aRt)Y wrote:Make two additional and optional modes (bw - builderwin, tw - titanwin), creating two scenarios:
* helicopters for builders
* vulcan for molt, disease for bub, flooding for luci, etc. (which obv kills all builders).

Maybe as HCL? I'm a little uncomfortable as adding this as a votable mode at the start of the game, as we already have a few.
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:34 pm

It isn't supposed to be a mode itself but an extra option (e.g. -artw, all random + titan win). It would work with any mode but is less meant for public games.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:02 pm

Why have ending timers? Imo that would encourage stalling, since waiting the out the timer is easier than killing a base. I agree with you though that some games are too long. I suggest forcing the game to end faster by increasing various values like wood harvesting, experience rate, and gold gain. Doing this it's like fastforwading games.
Last edited by Lynx on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:58 pm

Some games are long but it does not mean its unwinnable. I'v had games myself where it took me a while to break the base but in the end i was victorious. I'v even had games where i believes titan had no chance of winning and called it stalling but in the end loss...

Tbh those long games are the rarest ones most of the time and are the funnest. If the titan is a nub and stalling and you yourself cant kill him there must be a problem.
Last edited by pandaren. on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LightBlue-
Armored Tree

Postby LightBlue- » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm

@Pandaren-

The issue arises when the Titan must kill every single unit that isn't inside a base. During the 2 hour game I was talking about, the titan had to kill every wall and kill every seed that was placed around the map before he finally just instantly died at a base.

In most cases if games last longer then ~50 minutes its usually a win for builders. As titan is usually unable to break the base.

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:48 pm

meh i see your point atm titan is stalling my game lel, But i still do enjoy long games with a good titan :D

LightBlue-
Armored Tree

Postby LightBlue- » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:18 am

pandaren. wrote:meh i see your point atm titan is stalling my game lel, But i still do enjoy long games with a good titan :D

Oh I agree with you on this.

Maybe implement a mode that allows the game to extend in time, if the builders/titan agree?

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 am

LightBlue- wrote:
pandaren. wrote:meh i see your point atm titan is stalling my game lel, But i still do enjoy long games with a good titan :D

Oh I agree with you on this.

Maybe implement a mode that allows the game to extend in time, if the builders/titan agree?

Hmm, yeah I like that idea. A vote whether to extend the game-over timer or not.

Which would you guys prefer be the default, titan winning or defenders winning? Personally I'm a little on the fence as to which is the "right" one.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 am

Neco wrote:
Which would you guys prefer be the default, titan winning or defenders winning? Personally I'm a little on the fence as to which is the "right" one.

Neither

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:57 am

Lynx wrote:
Neco wrote:

Neither

Agreed. There shouldn't be a default mode. It's a point of interpretation whether the titan should win or lose by default after x minutes, so in my opinion, the time spent on arguing about that could be invested more wisely :P
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:12 am

aRt)Y wrote:
Lynx wrote:
Neco wrote:

Neither

Agreed. There shouldn't be a default mode. It's a point of interpretation whether the titan should win or lose by default after x minutes, so in my opinion, the time spent on arguing about that could be invested more wisely :P

In that case it doesn't seem like a very useful option outside of inhouses. How often will you get pubs agreeing to things? Especially if they involve the titan's opinion.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:21 am

Well, at the moment, it's more or less only a brainstorming to forge new ideas and concepts.

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am

Lynx wrote:Why have ending timers? Imo that would encourage stalling, since waiting the out the timer is easier than killing a base. I agree with you though that some games are too long. I suggest forcing the game to end faster by increasing various values like wood harvesting, experience rate, and gold gain. Doing this it's like fastforwading games.

I like my idea.

narbtit
Forest Walker

Postby narbtit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 pm

also agree with @Pandaren- about some long games being the funnest

but how often does that happen? very rare imo. You get long boring games and some long good games.

pandaren.
Forest Walker

Postby pandaren. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:06 am

Neco i like the nether rock idea but do you plan to change the golding animation as well?

Return to “Island Defense”