Feature Suggestions / Changes

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Re: Feature Suggestions / Changes

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:38 am

All it's going to do is remove what little ways there are of pressuring early minions. Like-wise with your suggestion demo summons would become next to useless.
If you summon the overlords in the base close enough to the towers they are now a nuke bridge. Same with the arachnids.
Fel's would never make it out the base to block the titan and if the demo was outside the base to summon to block the titan with them, then he would be even more useless due to not having his shit inside to buff the base.

ID needs more support orientated builders or just builders that can only wall in general but the ones that exist right now (mag, satyr, demo) are fine the way they are.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:01 am

Kobold builder with average walls for 500, upgraded for 750 and has a default Aura that increases regen (only to his walls ofc) based on how many there are. (Global)

Arc upgrade to improve that feature.

Rest of the builder is all in the wind but that's what sprung into mind.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 am

That'd make Demo boring af.

Part of suggestions and balance is to make the game more interesting/fun to play.

-Burn

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:05 pm

Like for instance - ID would be much for fun to play if randoming ulti's were like 20g and an ultimate instead of an egg because it's a gamble either way and would support the system.

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Av1oN thanks for the wall idea.

Kobold builder

Building style: Kobold has Human building style.

Escape ability: "Yippyy" Lauches kobold x distant foward and give a small speed boost for x time.

Active Aura/Buff: Kobolds walls have auto-repair.The more walls he has the less they will heal them self.

Auras,spells or Buffs: "Demolition Expert" gives nearby towers x % more damage. "Stoney Skin" gives kobold x armor. "Metal poisoning cloud" Kobold detonates barrels filled with lead. Does x amount of damage.
"Good Nose" Kobold has a good nose and can smell gold.When titan brakes a wall there is a x % chance to drop a gold coin that lasts x amount of time.Only Kobold can see these gold coins.
"Miners Hat" Kobold has an lamp that gives him better eye sight at night.

Buildings: Shelter,Rc,Arc,Food and Walls.

Walls cost 75 wood. And has 375 hp and 6 armor. Upgraded walls cost 350 wood.And has 650 hp and 16 armor.Total wood cost per upgraded wall is 425.And have the auto-repair effct.

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:20 pm

a cheap item for titan that can temporarily summon a 1x1 weak unit that can attack structure and unit.
summoning something like breezious mini minion. this item give a lot of utility to a clever titan early. it will semi counter deny lumberbase,upgrade hp worker and scout the map.

seacow
Forest Walker

Postby seacow » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 pm

since wood is added for titan, how about an item that can generate wood?
i suggest that it would generate 100 wood per minute. which is roughly 1g if he can lumber to gold it once he have 500 wood.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Sytec270 wrote:Av1oN thanks for the wall idea.

Kobold builder

Building style: Kobold has Human building style.

Escape ability: "Yippyy" Lauches kobold x distant foward and give a small speed boost for x time.

Active Aura/Buff: Kobolds walls have auto-repair.The more walls he has the less they will heal them self.

Auras,spells or Buffs: "Demolition Expert" gives nearby towers x % more damage. "Stoney Skin" gives kobold x armor. "Metal poisoning cloud" Kobold detonates barrels filled with lead. Does x amount of damage.
"Good Nose" Kobold has a good nose and can smell gold.When titan brakes a wall there is a x % chance to drop a gold coin that lasts x amount of time.Only Kobold can see these gold coins.
"Miners Hat" Kobold has an lamp that gives him better eye sight at night.

Buildings: Shelter,Rc,Arc,Food and Walls.

Walls cost 75 wood. And has 375 hp and 6 armor. Upgraded walls cost 350 wood.And has 650 hp and 16 armor.Total wood cost per upgraded wall is 425.And have the auto-repair effct.

I feel like the kobold should be able to either split/cast a net kinda like in dota to add a unique escape that's not your typical TP/panic.

So the aura heals less if more walls? That actually seems unique but what if he just builds 1 wall infront of a base? gg? I think building more walls for a small auto-repair aura increase is better suited imo.

Good Nose - So walls are basically -gc? Meh. Seems a little imba if you just spam walls to titan and there's a bunch of gold just for you.

Miners Hat - Is like Makrura's upgrade basically which shouldn't really be a skill tbh but more of an item in the shop.

Demolitions Expert - Should actually be able to kill a target building in an X amount of range, good deny tactic and can actually be nice while titan sieges.

Metal Poisoning Cloud - Should be an AoE that just gives kobold X amount of speed increase similar to the panda storm tornados. (If you've played panda before in ID 3.0.9d)

Stoney Skin - Meh, seems useless to give him tanking features if all he does is run around with walls.
Last edited by Merex on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:25 pm

i used to play vampire resurection

You had ghouls who could harvest lumber for you.

And buy tomes and that shiet.
Last edited by Sytec270 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Nah kobolds spell good nose would have a 1% cast rate or sth like that.

Edit: And that gold coin despawns after some time.

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Take away the basing capabilities from Tauren, he has good mini pressure and is a great support piece. This does streamline him a bit but it makes for a more balanced game.

Also can there be mandatory gold sinks for builders like they have to have an arc and spend another 25g to use g2l. builders being able to do a full mega base by the 15 min mark makes the game unbalanced unless the titan gets lucky with plebs who feed that don't know how to det or set up full deny LB's.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:02 am

Perhaps not a question of game imbalance but merely just a void gap of titan skill? I can say the same thing about titans if I played 20 consistent games of titan victories.

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:14 am

The point of balancing is finding a good medium between all skill levels. Cause lets be honest if ID can't appeal to both new players and veterans playing either titan or builder there is no point to making a standalone. My last few posts here are more or less about stream lining the game for easier learning and overall a more balanced game play. Also that post for tauren can also be applied to morph and faerie.

These are just my opinions though on how the game should be balanced, as always its open for improvement or discussion.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:21 am

ID can't be balanced for all skill levels. It's simply not possible. Had a long conversation about this with @FullMeltHash before and the way it would work for standalone is that in lower skill games builder will simply feed less exp/gold than in higher skill games. That is a VERY general way of summing up that conversation but I guess the point I'm making is that in super high skill games your only feed will be walls and a shelter so it has to have a practically different game. There is no 1 fit for all if you get what I mean @dehumanchum .

Currently having different skill level players in a game completely ruins balance. It's just something people need to put up with. If titan is bad - average vs bad - average builders then he's probably going to lose. If titans pro then you're gonna get crushed. That's not a game balance problem, just skill level which can't be fixed for Wc3 ID. If you nerf titan because of pros then no bad - average titans will ever win. Same works the other way.

For the record whilst I disagree with the towers being removed from Tauren I actually think Morphling should be split into two builders. One with his beastform and support upgrades and the other with his insane wooding and tower upgrades. He's currently "good" at everything and that's not a good thing and just having his beastform support would actually be pretty cool.

As it stands the thing in ID that needs to be easier to learn/play is titan and not builders. Builders already don't use the things they have such as if a titan gets a lvl 2 minion at the 3min mark they all just stop golding or go base instead of making their 6 titan hunters with 2+ supports and going to kill it. Lots of shit that builders have they simply don't bother using. Titan needs to be more user friendly lol.

P.S. Not gonna happen on Wc3 though.

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:19 am

Did you go over the option of maybe reducing how many builders there are to a game? I also understand the restrictions of WC3 which is why I even said anything about the standalone to begin with. But, mainly I don't think there should be that many hybrid support/basing builders and if they are there they should come with a disadvantage. The morph idea of yours is good but I think that suites panda better.

Return to “Island Defense”