Feature Suggestions / Changes

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Re: Feature Suggestions / Changes

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:47 am

Don't have any disagreement or agreement really, it's all just quality of life. But I did want to just mention that adding commands such as -mini wouldn't help. When a titan falls behind 9/10 people won't do -fr or -exp anyway. Adding another command will just be something else they refuse to do until the game is completely over. People seem to only -fr and -exp when they have 300g vs a level 6 titan.

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:31 am

You have a point, to some degree. Yeah, I agree, people tend to only give - modes when the game is basically over, and they just want to stall because they are winning and trying to stall for selfish interstests.

This mode would help significantly in inhouse type scenarios, where a minion is not as big of a deal as it is in a pub game, and minions are significantly harder to get. I agree that it will largely be a useless command, such as -fr or -gc (tbh -gc should just give titan a 25% chance to get 2x gold on killing a building, because as it is, it helps builders more than titan, because builders only activate it when theyre behind, which means most the coins come from nuking workers inside builders bases, which is free gold, unless you are good and camp and nuke those fuckers when they come to collect). But imagine all the peopel who -titan at a disadvantage, or people who just need a boost to keep up with the lobby. There are plenty of reasons to have a -minion, if you are going to have the other modes.

The biggest thing I see is, there is no way to make up for not having a minion, which doesn't come at somenoe elses cost. You can get fed. You can get excessive gold. You cannot get a minion without ruining someone else's game.

Edit

An afterthought more responsive to what you said @ShadowZz

Like I said, I think having another avenue at getting minons would be the best solution. Something like Neutral creep quests or killing X amount of buildings (given by a questgiver or something) would be the best avenue. I agree -game modes are basically a bandaid fix that are never used, although it is a bandaid sort of situation.
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:13 am

There were a bunch of ideas tossed around before about the ability to purchase a minion with gold/wood or putting some minion spawns on timers (e.g if you have no minion at 15mins in spawns 1 with appropriate level and so on). I've heard the quest one a few times but then that goes back to a problem with diverting titans attention away from the game and it already being stretched enough. Personally I think quests for builders is great because they have "free" time but titan should stick to objectives lol. Honestly there's tons of ways you could fix this but that still goes back to the idea of "What is the value of a minion?" which becomes a ridiculous conversation : D. Staying away from game modes and additional objectives for titan would be the way I'd do it but that still leaves tons of ways :)

Clarity: I'm a little sketchy on this subject because minions may be changing soon (or not) and that may have a big effect on this subject?

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:20 am

There should be a gameplay option (first mentioned by @beekhauz to give credit, although I have/had been thinking about it for a while) to give titan a minion, similar to -gp or -exp. A -mini or something similar. It -must- only work with TITANS vote as well, to avoid intentional sekf feed. For such a key unit to the game, it's a shame that the ONLY way to get one, is for someone else to lose the game (and then they get punished, and cannot play, gg). I might also suggest alternate minion gaining alternatives (such as through one-time quests with neutral creeps, or some other creative method).
I've mentioned this before for in-houses after 5min. mark. In-houses ruined because none of the builders slip up and titan is left as a lvl 9 mini-less titan just from feeding off walls (true story).

But yeah, I agree with the -mini vote, not on a timer, since it might mean the titan stalls for longer with the extra minion.

-Burn

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:59 pm

why should there be an incentive to not poke :o

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:22 pm

There isn't an incentive to not poke, it makes it an easier builder for beginners and an easier play-style. 90G isn't much, really, for a satyr. Speed poking is shit in 309d against decent titans anyway due to auto-attack and hold command, better off golding. It should be something for fed satyrs and 90G isn't much for a fed satyr.

It means beginners shouldn't be poking early without health bonuses or shields because they'll likely die. Beginners should be rushing health bonuses, and be un-killable with sixth sense when it's fixed. Or shields.

Admittedly, I still speed poke in pubs against decent titans, but that's because I play risky af. Example Satyr dushing blur and damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDj6PAlEas

-Burn

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm

Yes well.. the thing is that there has never been an approach in Satyr's kit where the speed poking was done correctly. Why don't Satyr just have an ability that makes him able to strike titan at extreme speed for one or two seconds, gathering a chunk of gold, assuming Titan cannot counter it. That way you could actually 1. poke and as a titan 2. counter it to a certain point.

It would also be less broken than some system, which works if you spam stop/hold and constantly re-attack (which I think is kinda lame and has nothing to do with the actual game play, its like a bug that is supposed to be there, lol).

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 am

It's a nostalgia thing. It's not supposed to be in the game, so Neco added it so 309d players wouldn't have a cry.

But the real reason I want it to stay is because It makes the game more entertaining and more options to go. You can either be a safescrub and spam shields, or stay at 300HP and try to get 4 eggs + ring of shadow + speed poke for shits and giggles.

-Burn

pep
Forest Walker

Postby pep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 am

Add a new builder, make the game great again.
"hot gamer grills are a myth, bout as likely to find a unicorn" - hash

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 am

pep wrote:Add a new builder, make the game great again.

https://lynxesisland.wordpress.com/2016 ... r-concept/

!

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 am

Lynx wrote:
pep wrote:Add a new builder, make the game great again.

https://lynxesisland.wordpress.com/2016 ... r-concept/

!

I don't think it's very unique or fresh to implement now. Also, I feel it's such a waste to use Naga Siren model for that kind of builder.

Sytec270
Forest Walker

Postby Sytec270 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 am

Lets make a bombsquad to troll the titan :D
Attachments
Glazgowe1.jpg
Glazgowe1.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 1337 times

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Change voltron model to this?
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post:
Haunt (Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:50 pm)

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:25 am

Doesn't seem like much of a change. Seems exactly the same, except voltron is dg/red (alt + A), which fits the colour scheme better.

EDIT:

SATYR SUGGESTIONS!

He is one of the most contested builders at the moment. We need more suggestions and bug fixes.

For example:

Satyr buffs:
- Bring back g2l in rogue den. This doesn't make him OP, just makes him more fun.
- Poking minions should give a minimum of 3 gold.
- Advanced shadow dust upgrade from 15G to 10G.
- Satyr should not require a merchant for crown of thieves.
- Satyr barricade cost from 1G 250W to 250W and no gold.
- Barricades stack in inventory.
- Speed poke upgrade cost from 90G to 60G.
- Elixer stocked right away.

Satyr nerfs:
- Loot stash cost from 15G to 25G.
- Satyr barricade HP from 250HP to 150HP.
- Make G2L researchable, so it doesn't drop to prevent excessive lumber pooling.

-Burn
Last edited by Burn on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Burn for the post:
Merex (Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:30 am)

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:22 am

I like the idea of making loot 25, and crown not require a merch. Also g2l from den and being researchable would be nice too.

I think elixer should be like a turtle scales, available right away.

Return to “Island Defense”