Feature Suggestions / Changes

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Re: Feature Suggestions / Changes

Postby ShadowZz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:16 am

We've actually done a lot of testing regarding the amount of builders on a team and found out that it's pretty much perfect with 10v1 for a game concept like ID. I actually think there should be a lot more and that they should be picked off the basis of what you are against and what you hope to do. Instead of builders just all spamming a random guy I would rather them plan ahead as to who they are going to pick because they go well with such and such builder vs such and such titan. But eh...

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:25 am

So it seems streamlining may be the way to go then and defining which are builders are meant to do what.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:50 am

Indeed.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Make ultimate structure (Crown) require Loot Stash and if people start saying ''wow op i spam crowns all game!!''

-Increase Loot Stash to 20-25g
-By the way I see it, other builders with low cost ARC's can do the exact same for ~135g
-A Satyr can sit on mound and just spam shields for 90g so what difference does it really make?
-Yes I know a satyr can speed poke but first you need 90g anyways so between pick pocket and purchasing your first crown, I don't see why merchant requirement is necessary at all.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Agreed with Av1oN. I don't ever get merchant in my Sat games. Better value to just spam SoW/F/M

-Burn
These users thanked the author Burn for the post:
Merex (Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm)

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:58 pm

And perhaps give Satyr a proper g2l function. At the moment it's tedious at best.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm

FollowingPath wrote:And perhaps give Satyr a proper g2l function. At the moment it's tedious at best.

At the moment is useless unless you want to risk titan killing your mound every 2 seconds.*

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Save for 90G + 15G then Loot Stash at mound for speed poke, behind 2 layers of upped walls in front. Speed poke titan if he tries to siege the stash, or just gold at mound if you're low.

Ez.

-Burn

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Meh. CBF to bother speedpoking now given the pricey pick pocket. If it were up to me, I'd lower it to 45g given the fact it still adds risk and any decent titan sets up the quality insta-aggro on sat if they attempt to poke.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Haunt (Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 pm)

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:28 pm

Why doesn't the amount of gold / lumber Satyr receives for poking just scale with an upgrade? That way it would be unnecessary to have one superior upgrade (speed poke) oh him. Which is as a game mechanics broken as it could be (especially when combined with Ring of Shadows).

If e.g. the satyr could choose between 1. Sitting at mound helping out other builders and 2. Upgrade the poke power and take a highway to win (with risks) it would not always be the same satyr we see in every single game.

Passive - Plunder
[Allows Satyr to gain gold and lumber off hitting titan or his minions. Each successful blow grants Satyr gold and lumber depending on Titan's level.]
Level 2-3 = 1 Gold, 50 Lumber
Level 4-5 = 2 Gold, 95 Lumber
Level 6-7 = 3 Gold, 140 Lumber
Level 8-9 = 4 Gold, 185 Lumber
Level 10+ = 5 Gold, 240 Lumber

1. Pickpocket I [15 Gold, 250 Lumber]
Improves Satyr's pickpocket skills increasing the amount of stolen gold by 1 and lumber by 20 for each successful strike.

2. Pickpocket II [25 Gold, 500 Lumber]
Further improves Satyr's pickpocket skills increasing the amount of stolen gold by 2 and lumber by 50 for each successful strike.

3. Pickpocket III [Gold 50, Lumber 1200]
As a master of pickpockets Satyr is able to steal even more resources from Titan and his minions. Increases the amount of stolen gold by 3 and lumber by 80 for each successful strike.

4. Matter of Will [Gold 15, Lumber 500]
Satyr's greedy nature allows him to reach the impossible, when necessary. Increases Satyr's attack range against Titan and his minions by 30.
Requires Pickpocket III.

5. Jackpot [Gold 40, Lumber 1000]
Grants Satyr 10% chance to gain twice as much gold and lumber for a successful strike against Titan and his minions.

If we split Satyr's kit like this there would be two ways:
A) Titan actually knows when a Satyr is poking him.
B) A Satyr who wants to play safe or has fallen behind is forced to stay at the mound for gold, since if the poking is not improved it would not be worth it.

FollowingPath
Forest Walker

Postby FollowingPath » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:41 pm

In order for this upgrade to actually be used by any decent Satyr player, the gold and lumber you gain from poking would have to stay the way it is. Your rates are just too low for this upgrade to be worth it in any way. Any decent player would instead focus on hp and damage throughout the course of the game. The only way those numbers wouldn't make a Satyr stay at mound is if the player is bored and wants to play a game of tag with the titan.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:09 pm

That's exactly why speedpoking should've stayed the way it was. It is so easy for a titan to get 1-2 hits on you before you even land a successful damaging hit to get the measly 3g and some lumber in the early game.

No satyr will bother with poking anymore unless it's an overfed game and they can actually afford pick pocketing on top of health/armor.

Remixer
Forest Walker

Postby Remixer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:10 pm

I dont think, so did you notice that they are seperate upgrades, e.g. if titan is level 5 and satyr has 2 of the Pickpocket upgrades, he will receive:
2 + 1 + 2 = 5 Gold, and 95 + 20 + 50 Lumber per hit, but still of course the stats can be adjusted, as they should.

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:08 am

Speed poke removal is fine. Gives more incentive for noobs to not poke and to just gold. Also, SoW/F/M makes Sat strong af.

When sixth sense comes back, Sat will be OP again.

-Burn

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 am

I have three suggestions to post here:

The first is a repeat of what I just posted minutes ago in the "Unique pick" thread:
There should be a small timer (i.e. 10-15s) after the builder selection time in which builders who did not pick/did not get their builders can see what their allies chose and choose accordingly. This way people can choose builders that ar esuiteable to the team/a secondary builder they like, without being punished by losing grace period time.

The second is a suggestion I made a really long time ago:
There should be a(n) (expensive) wood upgrade to increase minis movement speed to webbed feet status. It should be 800-1000+ wood. It is really annoying having minis that get outran by hunters, and are a non-hunting threat to builders in general. Having minis be more threatening, at an expense to the titan (i.e. this upgrade will only be a quality of life upgrade lategame when you are constantly running back and forth between top right corner, and titan will be sacrificing armor if they choose to get it early game destroying their earlier sieging abilities), can only increase diversity of titan play. I know titans who love to hunt, and titans who love to siege, and those in the middle who will adapt to the game. It could create an "aggressive" approach vs a "turtle" approach.

There should be a gameplay option (first mentioned by @beekhauz to give credit, although I have/had been thinking about it for a while) to give titan a minion, similar to -gp or -exp. A -mini or something similar. It -must- only work with TITANS vote as well, to avoid intentional sekf feed. For such a key unit to the game, it's a shame that the ONLY way to get one, is for someone else to lose the game (and then they get punished, and cannot play, gg). I might also suggest alternate minion gaining alternatives (such as through one-time quests with neutral creeps, or some other creative method).
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Return to “Island Defense”