Balance Suggestions

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

lordmillt
Treant

Re: [4.0.0] Balance Suggestions

Postby lordmillt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:10 am

Here we go again @lynx you and me knows 3.0.9d wasnt close to Balanced. I can drag up EVERYTHING that was Unbalanced so dont argue about balance in 309 for fuck sake.

The one hour games can titan only win if the builders do any mistakes 99.99% of the time.
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 am

I cba dealing with kids.

It's the experience system that is in question, it has nothing to do with euro being broken thus it can stand as a good reference point.

lordmillt
    Treant

Postby lordmillt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:05 pm

WAIT WHAT.. Did lynx just call me a kid? Please lynx, ur the most childish guy on id forums and prob most trolly one aswell, i'm 14 and you are 17? 18? and ur still more childish than me and always will be because people on the internet cant accept things :D

Please dont remove this post, wanna see a thing :D

The fact is titan need the EXP gain he does now to even win in pubs. One thing builders needs to do is just to quadbase early and its GG since titan cant siege a full super base at 10 min mark. Its not the titans fault if some builder doesnt deto or lumberbase that can get nuked or Ij etc and that shouldnt change the fact he derserves what he gets, not a big problem if u ask me.
    Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?

• ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).

• GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.

Burn
      Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Do you not remember me and apom db demo/draenei eurobase in 309d?

That simply isn't feasible now that all the top tier builders are nerfed and molt in 4.x.x is OP af.

Lvl 6 molt:

1) AoE 800 heal
      2) lvl 1 nuke
      3) lvl 1 ww

tome of retraining 5g

Cheaper AoF
      Cheaper Ankh of power
      Cheaper mirror
      OP EXP system

It's hard to argue that 4.x.x titans are harder. I actually have a 100% roflstomp rate in inhouses, and have not lost a pub titan game unless it was silly mistakes. Can't say the same thing with 309d.

4.x.x titans are OP, some titans (not to name any) from 309d were basically non-existent because they were terrible, now they are stomping hard because all they need to do is reach lvl 4 from two nukes to two shot nuke builders at mid, or one hit one nuke with mirror.

-Burn

Lynx
      Donator

Postby Lynx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:32 pm

So millt, do you think that quadbase afking is fun?

All the builders could hide in seeds, but that is not the way the game is meant to be played.

Burn
      Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Quad bases aren't even good. Like I said, all you need is lvl 6 molt, handful of minis to prevent re-wall + titanic wards, and any base goes down in a jiffy. You don't even need LE, you just need to prevent megas, op walls and op rewallers from getting too op.

-Burn

lordmillt
      Treant

Postby lordmillt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:15 pm

@burnshady u lost vs me once in pub doe, carried as demo kek, was abit offtopic but ye:3

@lynx thats true but the game is played like that vs me atleast so..

Quadbase is w.e op but if u go for early kills, u wont get many items/feed or any lvls atm, atleast i dont.

Lynx
        Donator

Postby Lynx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:25 pm

I agree, quadbasing is a problem in the extremely few games it occurs. The solution however is not by buffing the titan to be adjusted to those few games, the solution is to somehow make quadbasing not possible, or decrease the reward, because otherwise the majority of the games will be unbalanced since the game is adjusted to dealing with quadbases.

Burn
        Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Quad base was OP in EVERY single Island Defense version. Don't give me that excuse. Also, please don't mention that triple OP demo game in a balance discussion. I believe that was before EXP system rework too.

-Burn

ShadowZz
        Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:54 pm

EXP system rework was before demo was op.... EXP system rework was about 6 months before it was even mentioned as a problem by anyone....

Burn
        Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Eh, doesn't matter. I had a different play-style.

See, the difference between 309d and 4.x.x is that all you need in 4.x.x is level 6 and some minions, which is why a feed oriented play-style is the meta. In 309d, a demo/draenei base will rock you senseless in an inhouse. Also, triple OP demo is basically a forfeit anyway, like feeding off noobs.

So is quad/pent basing or tauren EB, titan basically insta-won, because it shows that builders are too scared to play fair.

It's not just the EXP system too, whose bright idea was it to be able to have lvl 3 nuke at lvl 4, and then be able to retrain it at lvl 6 to have lvl 4 heal + ww + nuke? That shit is way too op.

-Burn

Lynx
        Donator

Postby Lynx » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:27 pm

ShadowZz wrote:EXP system rework was before demo was op.... EXP system rework was about 6 months before it was even mentioned as a problem by anyone....

Why does the time something was discovered mean something?

Stealer
        Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 pm

It's not like the only 2 changes in the past 6 months have been demo & exp. there's also been none map changes like oldies disappearing and newies appearing.

Exp wasn't a problem while satyr was around anyways since he rekt stallers and dens fed less than walls.
        I think after satyr got removed I just walled in Titan every game so that also easy wins.

dlNO
        Forest Walker

Postby dlNO » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:47 am

Lynx wrote:
        ShadowZz wrote:EXP system rework was before demo was op.... EXP system rework was about 6 months before it was even mentioned as a problem by anyone....

Why does the time something was discovered mean something?

@Lynx
        "You Don’t Know What You Have Until It’s Gone" -Anonymous

The time that you discover something does mean, "something".
        You can lose a sock, but never notice its been missing for months.
        It shows how relevant that sock is, how often you wear it.
        For this case, we replace the sock with the exp system rework.
        If you only now notice, the loss of the old exp system, the lost sock, 6 months from when it actually was taken from you, then it goes to show how relevant that sock is, or how relevant the OLD exp system is.

You are wondering why its cold and blaming that its cause you're missing a sock. EVEN THOUGH the sock has been missing for 6 months. You weren't cold during that span?
        Please, step it up. Look at when you began to feel the cold. What jackets did you take off around that time? Or in this case, what accessories did Neco remove from this outfit? Did he actually remove a scarf or a jacket? Or are you, yourself, just getting fat and can't realize that your lard is the reason why this outfit is just too damn hot for you? The suit did not change, you just don't fit in it anymore.
        Last edited by dlNO on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
        "If you're holding onto a light source, you'll be an easy target in the dark."

Lynx
        Donator

Postby Lynx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Considering I wasn't playing when the exp system was changed of course I won't notice it. I won't blame other people for not noticing it as the titan was severely underpowered when Demonoligist was OP and there were 3+ of them each game, so the titan was obviously struggling even with broken EXP.

Return to “Island Defense”