Suggestions

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

dlNO
Forest Walker

Suggestions

Postby dlNO » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:43 am

What: Let titan see item shops from beginning of game, not the shops around middle of course.
Why: Help new players or even old players see, learn and plan their items, instead of wasting time AFK at mound.

What: Give titan's minions a method of "punishing" themselves, a method to remove debuffs from himself.
Why: Sure, most players play their own minions, but why not?

What: Titan bones be accessible to titans, as well as allow Titans to kill their own minions or maybe even vice versa?
When a minion kills a titan and eats the specialized "main titan's" bones he can become the "main titan"+minion's strength to some extent.
If the main titan kills the minion he gains the minion's strength to some degree.
Why: Assist in the lore, helps give titans an evil feel.
Teach people to be careful of who they trust, always be cautious of a "minion" turning on u.
Shed some light upon other item routes. (instead of the AoE helm n life essence every game.)
Add cast time, perhaps devouring corpse animation, to avoid titan simply walking over dead minions during a base fight. (ty av1on)
Last edited by dlNO on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're holding onto a light source, you'll be an easy target in the dark."

dlNO
Forest Walker

Re: Suggestions

Postby dlNO » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:54 pm

What: -claim, like in vampirism (wasn't this discussed years ago, I guess it isn't important except in pubs
Why: Bring up an old, but great idea that hasn't been inputted,
What are your priorities in Island Defense patching right now, aren't De=syncs fixed? @Neco

What:Odd number of players, 2 per base rule? No problem, I present to you the "Helmet of the Doomed" or something...
An item for a builder in which you gain 500 HP, but whenever you come near contact with any other player, the other player and their nearby buildings will take damage. Again, I feel this is another old, but great idea, but I guess it isn't important except in inhouses, due to the massive potential for troll. (or perhaps since its a helmet, he becomes a different person and he goes a on bezerk tk frenzy if other builders come too close.)
LOOKING FOR INPUT. Specifically on name, hp gain amount, teammate "feedback" range and dmg, undroppable or droppable, feedback hits only buildings or builders too, and if hits builders what about at gold mound?
Last edited by dlNO on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordmillt
Treant

Postby lordmillt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:08 pm

@dINO no, its in right section. I Think its only few that look into suggestions like burn, Lynx, neco, shad, me. I LOVE helmet of the doomed, no more triple bases plos?
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Merex
    Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:09 pm

What: Let titan see item shops from beginning of game, not the shops around middle of course.
    Why: Help new players or even old players see, learn and plan their items, instead of wasting time AFK at mound.
    Aka: Lure them into a trap - Besides, even with that vision, how much benefit will come from that?

What: Give titan's minions a method of "punishing" themselves, a method to remove debuffs from himself.
    Why: Sure, most players play their own minions, but why not?
    I mean, titan's just punish minions anyways.. The actual idea that minions are 1. used by other players and 2. casted with spells or hit by tower-passives are too uncommon imo. Also allowing that, would either mean they all have their own cages and/or shared control of the punish feature which could be abused and annoying.

What: Titan bones be accessible to titans, as well as allow Titans to kill their own minions or maybe even vice versa?
    When a minion kills a titan and eats the specialized "main titan's" bones he can become the "main titan"+minion's strength to some extent.
    If the main titan kills the minion he gains the minion's strength to some degree.
    Why: Assist in the lore, helps give titans an evil feel.
    Teach people to be careful of who they trust, always be cautious of a "minion" turning on u.
    Shed some light upon other item routes. (instead of the AoE helm n life essence every game.)
    Titan bones are a more rewarding feature for titan hunters.. I'm sure doing this would just add complication because either a titan minion dies in siege and the main gains some crazy buff.
    Side note: If you want newer more unique items, you should suggest some for titans and leave builder-rewards untouched.

What: -claim, like in vampirism (wasn't this discussed years ago, I guess it isn't important except in pubs
    Why: Bring up an old, but great idea that hasn't been inputted,

What:Odd number of players, 2 per base rule? No problem, I present to you the "Helmet of the Doomed" or something...
    An item for a builder in which you gain 500 HP, but whenever you come near contact with any other player, the other player and their nearby buildings will take damage. Again, I feel this is another old, but great idea, but I guess it isn't important except in inhouses, due to the massive potential for troll.
    LOOKING FOR INPUT. Specifically on name, hp gain amount, teammate "feedback" range and dmg, undroppable or droppable, feedback hits only buildings or builders too, and if hits builders what about at gold mound?
    The Slap God - An EoC Story
    • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
    • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
    • Now available: Host A Game UI.

dlNO
    Forest Walker

Postby dlNO » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Av1oN wrote:
    Aka: Lure them into a trap - Besides, even with that vision, how much benefit will come from that?

I mean, titan's just punish minions anyways.. The actual idea that minions are 1. used by other players and 2. casted with spells or hit by tower-passives are too uncommon imo. Also allowing that, would either mean they all have their own cages and/or shared control of the punish feature which could be abused and annoying.

Titan bones are a more rewarding feature for titan hunters.. I'm sure doing this would just add complication because either a titan minion dies in siege and the main gains some crazy buff.
    Side note: If you want newer more unique items, you should suggest some for titans and leave builder-rewards untouched.

1. I don't think lore aligns with titan seeing down at his goldmound from heaven, and can only see within a 1 meter radius of gold mound.
    2. How could this be abused? It doesn't have to be punish exactly, just a method of removing debuffs. Though, I do agree that most titans like to play them all, but sometimes I see a fruity titan. (Especially in pubs, to help bring new players into the titan scene, or at least I do)
    3. Agreed, to avoid titan getting stronger during base attack, perhaps input a cast time? similar to the animation of a unit devouring a corpse would be very aligned with the lore.

@Av1on ty for feedback <3 why u no play id, id pubs tis my excuse for slow response

Also, assuming from the lack of red text on the other 2 points, does that mean u like those 2??? :) plz say so like milt did!

1337hamburger
    Treant

Postby 1337hamburger » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:15 pm

I really agree with minis being able to punish themselves, it has been a needed update for awhile imo. Although I think a "claimed" base will make it almost impossible for a good titan to lose in a pub, if the claimed bases limit how many builders can fit into a base. Also the "Helmet of the Doomed" seems like it could work well in ih, but I think it would be max troll in pubs.

dlNO
    Forest Walker

Postby dlNO » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:20 pm

1337hamburger wrote:I really agree with minis being able to punish themselves, it has been a needed update for awhile imo. Although I think a "claimed" base will make it almost impossible for a good titan to lose in a pub, if the claimed bases limit how many builders can fit into a base. Also the "Helmet of the Doomed" seems like it could work well in ih, but I think it would be max troll in pubs.

I agree with your 1st and 3rd point, but in your 2nd, there are many ways around it. In vampirism, you raise a base flag and that flag gives u options to kill buildings in your "claimed" base. (ermagerd makura flag, ermagerd 2 flag makura and fae holding hands <3)

Burn
    Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Claim is good, will fix TKers, will be able to trigger a two-per-base trigger for in-houses with it, and give auto-shared-controls - shit like that.

I proposed this once to @Neco , we'll see what he says this time.

I think minion rushing is an integral part of Island Defense, already requires a lot of micro-management skills, and should not be nerfed by any cast animations.

Bones will stall the game, which is the main reason why -tr was removed.

The denying of one's own minion is a unique idea, on the fence on this one.

-Burn

dlNO
    Forest Walker

Postby dlNO » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:20 pm

Burn wrote:I think minion rushing is an integral part of Island Defense, already requires a lot of micro-management skills, and should not be nerfed by any cast animations.

Bones will stall the game, which is the main reason why -tr was removed.
    -Burn

What? :l
    I'm not sure what these are responding to.

Merex
    Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Sorry, my input for:
    An item for a builder in which you gain 500 HP, but whenever you come near contact with any other player, the other player and their nearby buildings will take damage. Again, I feel this is another old, but great idea, but I guess it isn't important except in inhouses, due to the massive potential for troll.

If someone late game gets into an argument and/or just wants to troll - That's an ultimate TK item, but I cannot speak for in-house since I don't participate but I can imagine it'd be useful - Though, any IH player with a brain would learn and respect the rules since everyone, for the most part, knows each-other and has a leveled attitude.

Base claim - Will indeed give a pub stomper an easy win but assuming it's an optional type feature, then it will be good for those (aka @Haunt ) who prefer to solo-base.
    The Slap God - An EoC Story
    • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
    • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
    • Now available: Host A Game UI.

idtitan
    Armored Tree

Postby idtitan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:53 am

I support the concept behind a minion being able to debuff himself.

I support the concept of removing if even slightly the issue of being an odd man out in an inhouse with the 2 per base rule. I'm not certain if i support the idea of item as described as Helm.

2-3 per base, that's BASE not lumber Area. The reason there is a 2 person to a base rule is to help titan have feed on the map etc. I think it is reasonable that there can be a compromise. If you allow a 3rd person into your base there structures have to be outside of the base.(this would help against 1 towering builder being left out and having to solo base. Solo basing in an inhouse is not the thing to do. I also want to add that most bases don't have the room for that 3rd builder's structures anyway.

This giving a chance for Tribases, that allow 2 builders as Towering or Carrying and 1 builder as a support or waller. Would it make it harder for titan? I'm sure of it.

I also think that because currently the rules are decided at the start of the match per titan, That if he/she is okay with it then there shouldn't be an issue with applying it. Example of this being with allowing Euro or not.

-Kent
    Spoiler!

Return to “Island Defense”