Pseudologos concept

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Lynx
Donator

Pseudologos concept

Postby Lynx » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Alright let's discuss the concept of Pseudologos.

Current concept assumed by Lynx-, correct it if it's wrong. wrote:Pseudologos is a Titan only attainable through a random chance of 1/8(12.5%). He is given a Heal, Nuke, Escape, Slow, Unique, Scout, and an Ultimate spell by random from the other 7 available Titans abilities categorized in this manner.

The minion type of Pseudologos is a random chance to be an exact copy of one of the 7 other available minion type, every Psedologos minion is the same type.

So basically if you random Pseudologos you can be lucky and get the best of every skill category or you can get the worst of every skill category.

Off topic:
Fair enough.

But his minion is a random minion type of the 7 minion types, not a random set of skills of each minion or the respective skill representation of the main Titan.

Off topic:
Pretty weird if you ask me.

Alright let's move on the the next issue with Pseudologos.

Pseudologos requires each ability to be categorized with the labels "Heal", "Nuke" etc. In my opinion this restricts the other Titans skill options (uniqueness in what they can do). Which obviously is not good for the game as the developer is restricted in only creating a set type of skills.

Off topic:
So what can we do to both have unrestricted unique Titan abilites and a good concept of Pseudologos?

Here is my suggestion;

1. Remove all spell categorization
  2. Remake of the Pseudologos concept

1. You can only random Pseudologos via the "-" command. (So this concept won't confuse noobs, and also so you have time to choose the spells)
    2. When activating the "-" command and you've successfully randomed Pseudologos you will be taken to the ability choosing screen. Note: The random process will be done exactly after you've written the "-" command, so you can save time by choosing abilities during the grace period.
    3. At the ability choosing screen you get to choose 7 of the 49 available main Titan abilities. (Yes he can choose to pick 7 heals or 7 nukes).
    4. You choose your minions abilities in the exact same manner, at the ability choosing screen.
    5. Add a new Pseudologos minion model.
  3. Unrestrict abilities to be more unique as they are no longer bound to be categorized by the Pseudologos concept.
  4. Nerf Pseudologos base stats

Legend:
Off topic:
Blue text is my thoughts.
This text is words I want to emphasize.

Spoiler!
Inbefore "7 nukes will be op asfk!!!" or "7 Invis' will be op asfk!!!", it can be easily balanced, 7 nukes isn't op because you won't kill anyone fast enough so they can't react because of cast animation and builders will also play cautiously when Titan has enough levels. 7 invis can be fixed by invis sharing cooldown with each other. So before you spam "IMBAIMBAIMBA" there is a way to balance it
These users thanked the author Lynx for the post:
Haunt (Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:24 pm)

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: Pseudologos concept

Postby Merex » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:40 pm

!against

Too many advantaging strategies to a randomed titan. Pretty sure it was intended as just a unique side-bonus and should just stay that way.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

lordmillt
Treant

Postby lordmillt » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:17 pm

The whole idea about this titan was random, why change it? Its already cool
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

Lynx
    Donator

Postby Lynx » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:39 pm

I pointed out the flaws and why we should change it in the main post.

TLDR; It restricts uniqueness in abilities in the other Titans. This way we can have a cool new Titan without the restrictions of the category system. The current concept is also flawed. This new idea is also cooler and encourages new strategies and innovation.

NotYacapo
    Forest Walker

Postby NotYacapo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:47 pm

I think if the Titan could have any Nuke, Heal and ect. it should have a less chance to be randomed, seems OP the way you're talking about it. Of course I want this but I don't know if it'd fit the game. Would be cool if balanced though.

ShadowZz
    Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:03 pm

7 nukes would be balanced lol?

Pseudologos cannot random any of bubos abilities due to their dependencies on each other .

He's supposed to be a chance. Hense why you random. Every titan in the game is balanced on their own. The idea you think you could just mismatch them by your own choosing and it not be completely broken bewilders me but meh.

Out of curiosity.... I see you bable on about "removing categorization" and "uniqueness" all the time. Explain it.

Removing the categorization doesn't change the fact that every titan would still need some sort of heal/nuke/passive(eh)/ulti/scout(eh) so on and so forth... Surely you understand that right?

The uniqueness thing: I see it all the time. Somehow you said at some point 3.0.9d was more unique with the bubo than 4.0.0. What do you want? He's the most unique by a mile. ID is limited by the fact that titans HAVE TO have certain abilities or they would just be useless. Let's say you remove the heal from a titan. Now he can't siege. Like ever. Remove the nuke? Vs good players who full deto lb he could not nuke workers = no feed = gg. Remove the ww? Problems with sieging/ catching builders out. No passive? No slow, you hit a builder and he just walks away. I don't get what you want is all...

Side note: Past 3 days I've seen like 4 posts of you shit talking 4.0.0 and neco in general. Why so much hate? Can't you see he's only trying to keep a dying game alive? Shit talking it is only going to lead to it dying. Not improving.

No flame intended. Just questions more so.

Neco
    Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi Lynx-,

What you're talking about is impossible in the Warcraft III engine. Maybe take this to the DotA 2 guys?

That's all, I'm locking this topic.
    Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

Return to “Island Defense”