Unique pick

Moderators: Remixer, IAmDragon

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Unique pick

Postby Dehumanchum » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:51 am

So for the past few games I've been trolling someone who always plays sat. And how I do that is just spam picking it with him until the grace time runs out and we both go to obs. This is also me saying there could be room for improvement on the Unique pick system.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Re: Unique pick

Postby ShadowZz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:09 am

What? Could you elaborate on this? After unique pick fails then it reverts to the -ap way of picking in the boats which would mean at least one of you would have picked before going obs?

Dehumanchum
Forest Walker

Postby Dehumanchum » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Here is the stats page of the last game it happened, https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=7881406

But it doesn't revert back to -ap and if it did it happened last second and we still went obs because titan spawned and we weren't able to move away from mound.

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

UP bug

Postby wastedlandering » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:29 am

The bug report information post leads to a locked thread.

A good example of a game where UP bugged out with a lot of people. I didn't get any of my picks, even though random were my last 4 choices, with sat and demo my first two choices (no one got sat, no one got demo).

Other people also chose sat/demo and did not get.

Game also ended in a critical error for everyone.

Game: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=7892276
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:42 am

@Neco UP getting fixed next version?

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:37 am

It gets fixed every version :D Just a pain in the ass to be honest. It should have worked the last 3 versions but Warcraft 3 tools in Editor don't work the way there supposed to unfortunately :/ If it makes anyone feel any better, he's put a lot of time into trying to fix it and even completely re-done it a couple times.

wastedlandering
Forest Walker

Postby wastedlandering » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:16 am

I don't doubt Neco has put a lot of time into the system. I like the idea tbh.

I have noticed on multiple occations a bug which is the same that I experienced in the game i reported above. I will pick units, then when selection time comes I will get he message "someone else has already chosen this unit (or something similar to this message)" even tho no one got the selected hero. Honestly, the last version worked better imo (just a personal observation, I could have been lucky). I like the idea because it takes spam clicking/ping out of the selection process, but it can be annoying to miss out on those precious grace period seconds when it fails. Perhaps we can add a 15s interval to the game starting time that is like a "builders selected" period, so we can see what our allies picked/what is available and choose from there? Then builder selection is less of a panic, and can be at least somewhat organized (although on a very short time period). I would personally love it because i like to compliment my friends builders. If the guys im playing with chose demo, faerie, sat and mag, I don't really want to first pick morph with them, if that makes sense.
FreePeterPan wrote: idiot neco didn't even implement blinky, how could you thank him? He had over a week to do it.

IamGiantRetard wrote:
Should someone come up with an (actual) idea for Blinky the Steamroller

Hash
Poison Treant

Postby Hash » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:59 am

SAT OR OBS
These users thanked the author Hash for the post (total 2):
pep (Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:15 pm) • Merex (Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:31 am)

Return to “Island Defense”