NWU Feedback

Moderator: Halibel

Halibel
Forest Walker

NWU Feedback

Postby Halibel » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Welcome to the NWU Feedback Spot, courtesy of ENT!

Hello ENT tourists, here is where you give all comments, suggestions, questions, and bug reports regarding NWU.

Thanks for visiting!

Here lies NWU current status:
Official Hosted Version: 1.4.3b
Update?: 1.4.3c in progress
ETA?: August 17-24 (Pardon the slower update, my laptop broke)
80%

[Changelog] NWU 1.4.3c

Hero:
Spoiler!
Yagura - 3-Tailed Jinchuuriki [Melee INT]

[STR] - 18 + 2.2
[AGI] - 19 + 2.3
[INT] - 20 + 2.4
[MS] - 300
[Main Role] - Initiator / Disabler
[Sub Role] - Semi-Carry / Ganker

[W] - Water Release: Water Absorption (Instant)
Yagura removes slow-type debuffs from himself and for the next 3 seconds, absorbs and converts damage taken into chakra, also decreasing damage taken. If chakra is full, converts damage taken to health instead.
  • [Level 1] Absorbs and converts 18% damage.
  • [Level 2] Absorbs and converts 24% damage.
  • [Level 3] Absorbs and converts 30% damage.
  • [Level 4] Absorbs and converts 36% damage.
    MC: 50
    CD: 10

[E] Coral Palm (Toggle)
Yagura does bonus damage and temporarily decreases the target's max health when attacking, at the cost of additional chakra.
  • [Level 1] Increases damage by 60% of consumed chakra, decreases max health by 30% of consumed chakra.
  • [Level 2] Increases damage by 70% of consumed chakra, decreases max health by 35% of consumed chakra.
  • [Level 3] Increases damage by 80% of consumed chakra, decreases max health by 40% of consumed chakra.
  • [Level 4] Increases damage by 90% of consumed chakra, decreases max health by 45% of consumed chakra.
    Individual Debuff Stack Duration: 15
    MC: 6/7/8/9% of remaining chakra per attack

[R] Water Release: Water Shield (Instant)
Yagura creates 5 orbs of water encircling him. Each second, if an enemy hero is in range, Yagura uses 1 orb to deal damage. If no enemy hero is in range, Yagura uses 1 orb to heal himself.
  • [Level 1] Does 55 damage/heal.
  • [Level 2] Does 70 damage/heal.
  • [Level 3] Does 85 damage/heal.
  • [Level 4] Does 100 damage/heal.
    MC: 140/160/180/200
    Detect AoE: 500
    CD: 30/25/20/15
    Note: Water orbs can be purged by Chakra Smasher

[T] Water Release: Giant Waterfall Technique (Target Point)
Yagura releases a giant waterfall crashing in a wide line, drowning (25% slow for 5 seconds) and knocking back affected enemies. Also refreshes all affected allies, temporarily granting them full chakra.
[*][Level 1] 280 DPS (1000/800 = 1.250 Max Dur = 350.0 Max DMG), temporary replenish chakra for 6 seconds.
[*][Level 2] 340 DPS (1100/800 = 1.375 Max Dur = 467.5 Max DMG), temporary replenish chakra for 7 seconds.
[*][Level 3] 400 DPS (1200/800 = 1.500 Max Dur = 600.0 Max DMG), temporary replenish chakra for 8 seconds.
MC: 250/375/500
SPD: 800
CR: 1000/1100/1200
CD: 180[/list]

Boruto Uzumaki

Bug Fix:
Spoiler!
  • Fixed permanent final base invulnerability glitch (occurs when final 2 towers die at same time)
  • Fixed Deidara's Eye Scope reducing your attack range (occurs after using any type of clones/illusions)
  • Fixed Madara's Susanoo sometimes not casting Indra's Arrow

Balance:
Spoiler!
  • Iruka - Final Buff, Revamp of [R] into Passive
  • Karin - Final Rebalance
  • Madara - Final Slight Nerf
  • Sasori - Final Slight Nerf
  • Konan - Ultimate CD reduced
  • Ino - Ult also controls enemy creeps
  • Zetsu - Increased jungle viability of soldiers
  • Item: Chakra Sabre - Increased Recipe Cost 200 --> 300
  • Item: Transmutation Glove - Decreased Bonus EXP
  • Jungle - Neutrals do not spawn in Kyuubi cave until 20 minutes
  • Jungle - Final slight nerf to health and bounty (~10%)
Last edited by Halibel on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 30 times in total.
These users thanked the author Halibel for the post:
flixdrako (Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:01 am)

frankshotsauce
Forest Walker

Re: NWU Feedback

Postby frankshotsauce » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:18 pm

I hope that Karin's healing code that comes scrolling across when healing is fixed, that was pretty annoying to see! Everything else seems pretty nice, thank you for updating everything. :lol:

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:13 am

I heard Zetsu is extremely broken. Should probably change him to mine or at least make a hero who completely anti's him because apparently he can have like 6 onbus in 30 mins? Also where ma Yagura at fool!

Halibel
Forest Walker

Postby Halibel » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Masamune wrote:I heard Zetsu is extremely broken. Should probably change him to mine or at least make a hero who completely anti's him because apparently he can have like 6 onbus in 30 mins? Also where ma Yagura at fool!

He is op, it's 4 onbus at 30 mins. We tested many times before release, but did not personally test his jungle capability for an entire game. We tested each maybe 20 minutes, but his jungle capacity just keeps increasing as the game goes on so at 20 minutes it's not that op yet. We pulled in pubs and were like, oh let's have other players test Zetsu we already know his abilities, let's see what they think. We tell them to jungle all game to see how fast he can jungle if left undisturbed all game, who would have known the testers jungle 3x slower than Zetsu's optimal capability. His jungle is fair for next version and is no longer op, but he's useless as a lane partner so I hope players figure out he's not meant to be in lane unless he's pushing. He can be countered by any nuker since his minions take 3x spell damage and give a hefty bounty, but the problem in the previous version is it doesn't matter how many times you counter him, it will still cost you time and effort plus he can recreate his minions within 15 seconds. I've increased the bounty now so farming off of him by placing wards in jungle or roaming jungle with a nuker will give lots of gold. Oh well, he's such an odd hero in that the game is almost entirely 4v5 with him around until late game, so I've made him 2x rarer to appear in the -sdsm circle of power, because I'm sure me included, people don't want to play a 4v5 until late game for every game. :evil: Yagura got buried with the dead forums :? How about next version, if NWU still lives.

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:04 am

Sure I'm down.

Pizza
Aura Tree

Postby Pizza » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:26 pm

If you want new player for the game then there have to be a !balance command or like a extra bot for new player to test it out. I just had a game and t1 was stack ofc and we had a new player and some noobs in team and 1 guy leave but no draw cause they hungry for there 5 elo. the guy never come back cause the community just no good for new players. Maybe you guys should remove elo again

BizZaY
Basic Tree

Postby BizZaY » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Hopefully next version Madara is properly balanced. Even a noob can take over a game with him. Only real way to counter him is with a hard carry with gelel.
Username: Bizzay @ US East
Clan Sage

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:33 am

@Halibel

I have the schematic for Yagura still saved on notepad, along with my other hero ideas.

Halibel
Forest Walker

Postby Halibel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Pizza wrote:If you want new player for the game then there have to be a !balance command or like a extra bot for new player to test it out. I just had a game and t1 was stack ofc and we had a new player and some noobs in team and 1 guy leave but no draw cause they hungry for there 5 elo. the guy never come back cause the community just no good for new players. Maybe you guys should remove elo again

There is already a !votebalance, it is not often used.
To preserve NWU, it must remain competitive.
We are failing at drawing in new players but I don't plan to appeal to them, it is too difficult.
A dozen new players tried the game this month, none of them came back after failing and getting bashed at. Why? Because they are horrible at the game (because it's their first time and most fast learners already left WC3), and because they are against a stacked team. Even if the downloader was miraculously hailed from heaven and had natural talents greater than Michael Phelps, thus naturally becoming the best player in his team, will still probably lose the game, simply because against a stacked team.
This leads to the second issue, stacked teams. Less stack = more interesting game.

But why don't we? Well we all want to win. Most of the decent players don't have the balls or skills to de-stack themself in the lobby. It's like, you're a group of jocks going against a group nerds and cripples in a soccer match. Why would you, a handsomely built jock run over to the group of nerds and say "hey guys let me play on your side so I can get beat up by the other jocks with you guys since I love you all so much, so let's get beat up together" No the world doesn't work like that. You want to say, why don't the Jocks and Nerds split themselves equally? Uh, where in real life would you ever see that happening? Cliques, status, ranks, all shall naturally be formed in this unfair world. Unless you were Masamune (see my epic sucking up skills), any attempt to de-stack will increase your odds of a hideous demise. The players that are capable of de-stacking and giving each team a good chance at winning, will most often not, because at that point they have developed a different mindset. You have reached the elite tier among the pool of trash, why should you extend your godlike hands to the unworthy trash beneath you? No, you shall team up to step on them like ants to further increase your virtual ego and haughtiness, also increasing your confidence in life over the many other insecurities you may be hiding.

Solutions? Lucifer. and others have extended their generous hands to pick up and teach new players, but we are already a small community, who knows who is willing to be under the tutelage of the great Lucifer. Although his name rings far and wide within the confines of NWU, one cannot say the same in the massive Treant Kingdom of the Enterprise. It's like, Lucifer is an executive member of a small curry powder company located in a remote village of India. Here he is like rolling in bling, shimmering his gold teeth for all the peasants to revere. All of his village bow down to him, and he gets free massages and other services from all the women in the village. But if he went to Mumbai, and said, I am the great curry powder lord, all who hail before me will receive my teachings and ye shall learn to make the spiciest of curries. Who would believe or recognize him? They will probably just laugh and keep walking, thinking he is just some random silly quack.

Removing elo did cross my mind but elo itself preserves some competitive nature and additionally serves as incentive to win or play to rack up virtual e-points to freely drool at. I don't really know, this issue is a headache to try to solve. At the least I'm going to create an event for the next version which will be introduced to give players a bit of incentive to play less stacked matches for various visual perks (custom courier skin, custom ward skin, their name in a hall of fame, custom visual aura, etc).

-Yours Truly,
Great Wise Sage Halibel

BizZaY wrote:Hopefully next version Madara is properly balanced. Even a noob can take over a game with him. Only real way to counter him is with a hard carry with gelel.

Don't you worry I have equipped the Legendary Nerf Hammer and am ready to hammer down this op monster to a balanced level. Previously I've only tested 1v1 duels with Suigetsu and Juugo, and he loses to both at same level and same items. But 1v1 doesn't say much about actual balance which led to this state of him being overpowered.

Masamune wrote:I have the schematic for Yagura still saved on notepad, along with my other hero ideas.

That's a relief, please PM me Yagura when you have time.
Last edited by Halibel on Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
These users thanked the author Halibel for the post:
Lucifer (Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:41 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:52 pm

@Halibel

From experience, I notice u either buff too much, or nerf too much xd..

Try to hit the middle, dis time. I trust u!

Halibel
Forest Walker

Postby Halibel » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:52 am

Thank you, I'll do my best!
But it is rather clear at this point I am rather inept at balancing.
After some consideration, I take balancing as the second most important thing our team is dedicated to serve, after fixing bugs.
I have decided to expand our testing division and future balance tests will include prototyping time series analysis for hero potency throughout the duration of the game and in phases such as lane, role potency, 2v2, even 5v5 battles, not just 1v1.
I am now also hiring data analysts or avid players with a strong sense of balance for some pointers.
1+ years of strict NWU experience and previous exposure to statistical forecasting and application of analytic skills to a real-world project is preferred.
Sorry I am pretty poor, I can only afford to give a salary of 2 and a half pesos per hour and much gratitude.
Feel free to contact me :)

Pizza
Aura Tree

Postby Pizza » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Lucifer is an executive member of a small curry powder company located in a remote village of India. "great curry powder lord"

Dude, i cant make this shit up even if i tried lmao. What u smoke and where do i get it ? :lol:

Masamune

Postby Masamune » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:10 am

Pizza wrote:
Lucifer is an executive member of a small curry powder company located in a remote village of India. "great curry powder lord"

Dude, i cant make this shit up even if i tried lmao. What u smoke and where do i get it ? :lol:

He had too much out way boss here.

Lucifer
Donator

Postby Lucifer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Pizza wrote:

Lol I did just read the entire post of @Halibel and this shit made my day.

Even tho I will be inactive in the next time I am always watching all of you guys.
Yes, I also mean you slim shady (shadowpoint) and also Mr. Ross means Loss & co which live in their cute StackCity because they fear the unpredictable changes of the AltCity. But who can blame the AltCity? ProCity is destroyed by now so obviously people have to move to AltCity.

And when I fully come back to dominate all the Nwu peons again...Then with a curry powder company greater than ever.
(I also already expanded to Germany cuz I live there)

Plus, to your honor Halibel, I made some special curry powder named "Halibel" which instantly makes people suffer an heart attack if they don't praise your works and efforts.

- Greetz

The Russian German (<- that part is true) Mafia Curry Powder Boss Lucifer.

ShadowFrosT
Resource Storage

Postby ShadowFrosT » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:26 pm

I just want to take a second and say that I appreciate everyone who has contributed to nwu. You have brought enjoyment to many people throughout the years and I personally wanted to say thank you.

I agree with you Lucifer. There is a rapid decline in the nwu community. There is still hope though. I see new players here and there and I try to help them out in the game. However, they are quickly harassed for their level of skill. No wonder people aren't playing anymore.

Here are some things I thought of reading your post.

1. I think that the ELO system could perhaps stay. However, why don't you make it like you do with legion td?
Maybe put a cap on lobbys such as players only below 1000 elo or 1100 elo can play in?
That way they can learn to get better and the game will be fun for them.

2. I really like what youre doing with adding new characters and items making the game interesting as ever changing.
Why not add in special effects for when someone dies? For instance, if neji makes a kill with 64 palms why not just show a short clip from Naruto of him using 64 palms?

Maybe we can get the duels back to a certain extent? instead of making the duel areana barren. make it a decent size so you have to find the player. Maybe a 2v2 would be a good idea. set it up as a int str vs a int str. Something along those lines.

3. More characters should be introduced into the line up. Theres a lot that deserve thought.

4. Player stats like DoTa has?

Any questions or concerns my inbox is always open.
I'm sure ill think of some more ideas.
Thanks, ShadowFrosT

Return to “Naruto Wars Unlimited”