Feedback

Moderator: nvs

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Feedback

Postby BeerLord » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:34 pm

Slates seem harder to get, and they must have been nerfed, because they dont have much effect and they dont level. This kills any maze that has the creeps run through it only twice. So now everyone has to maze the same way (the classic mushroom maze or mazing at the begining with inclusion of the last way point) to compete.

The extra chance seems broken ie it doesnt work much.

I prefer the glitch. When in play, if someone scored a bryvx stone you would have a reasonable chance of getting one yourself. Now, if a player scores one, the odds are so slim of someone else getting one its a huge advantage, even if said stone is slightly nerfed.

Again, due to the nerfing of the slates, its much harder (almost impossible) to catch up with someone that gets ahead early with a noobstar. So now, to compete, everyone has to get said noobstar.

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Feedback

Postby nvs » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:13 pm

Any change I have made that has player facing behavior is listed in the changelog. Other changes that are not player facing are listed in commits.

In regards to slates, they have not been touched beyond addressing various bugs related to them. They are not harder nor easier to get, nor have they been nerfed or balanced. In fact, when updating code related to slates, much effort was made to keep things exactly the same. Nothing in regards to how a slate, let alone anything else, levels has been changed.

Extra Chance has not been touched at all in Gem TD+. It works exactly the same as it did in the older versions. However, its behavior is random. That means the potential for long hot and cold streaks exists, as it always has. This is nothing new.

The 'glitch' will not return. You really should look at the luck section of the plan for Gem TD+ to get an idea of the balance implications it presented. Trust me, I was a firm supporter of the 'glitch' until I began to work on the map. But in the context of everything else, it simply did not make sense.

As for Stars, that their damage ignores armor is well known to me (Issues #131 and #120). I honestly think there would be fewer people biased against them if the de facto difficulty was not Extreme. When playing on Easy or Normal difficulty, their value certainly decreases. But people play Extreme, so that's what I'm targeting when I approach balancing.

Now, beyond this advantage that a Star presents as the difficulty (read: armor) increases, the AoE damage used in the first two forms actually is fairly broken within Gem. For instance, there was a bug that AoE damage from sources (e.g. Stars, Uranium, Viper, Rose Quartz, etc.) did not apply to any stunned unit. This has since been resolved. Also, it was recognized that these sources of AoE damage break when multiple ones are involved (Issue #55), and much less damage than intended is dealt. Furthermore, these sources of AoE damage do not increase with kill buffs as others do. In short, this form of AoE damage has to be entirely reworked.

Hopefully, this will enlighten your understanding of the map as well as its development. Also, if you haven't yet, I strongly urge you to read the plan for Gem TD+. A number of the topics you mentioned, and more, is covered within. Thanks for your feedback.

Edit: Also, if you have any replays that exhibit any bugs, please link them. They assist greatly in tracking down issues.

Return to “Gem TD+”