Bug found - Pandas are evil

Moderator: nvs

River_Monsters
Aura Tree

Bug found - Pandas are evil

Postby River_Monsters » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Was playing Gem TD #16 today and ran into a bug where on level 31 the pandas decided they didn't want to go through my maze and just destroyed my gem by the first arrow. I've been playing Gem TD for years and it's the first time I can remember this happening when I didn't accidently wall off the pathway. All I did was combine to make bloodstone and they did not agree.

Replay: https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/?u=river_monsters ~~ tried to link the replay itself but the site kept timing out. It's Gem TD #16 as stated above.

Around 38 minutes in game

Thanks

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Bug found - Pandas are evil

Postby nvs » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

I took a look at the replay. You did block. By keeping the Normal Amethyst on Level 31, the Air Slate you had extra chanced turned into a rock. However, Warcraft 3 displaced it from its original location (as there was no room for it) to the upper left of your Flawless Diamond, effectively putting a block in your maze. That's why they attacked.

Kind of a small gotcha that exists in the map due to how extra chance for slates works. This sort of issue will not exist in 1.4.0 as extra chance is being reworked. Further down the line automatic block checking will be implemented. For details look at the plan for Gem TD+.

As far as the replay links, you'll need to replace 'clanent.net' with 'entgaming.net' for it to work properly.

xXxHeLLxXx
Aura Tree

Postby xXxHeLLxXx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Poison slate doesn't work

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:45 pm

This thread is not related to your issue at all. Creating a new one would have been preferred. Or looking around and finding this one. This issue is already known. In fact, testing for 1.3.3 is underway.

Return to “Gem TD+”