Gem TD+ 1.4.3 Released

Moderator: nvs

nvs
Forest Walker

Gem TD+ 1.4.3 Released

Postby nvs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Gem TD+ 1.4.3 fixes a single bug. Stun was being applied on every Enchanted Emerald attack.

Look here for a full list of changes, or check in the game under `Information (F9)`.

To obtain the map, either download it or use ENT Link to host it using the information below.

• Download:
    Gem TD Plus 1.4.3.w3x
    (581.18 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
  • Load code: `a7s8c`
  • File name: `Gem TD Plus 1.4.3w3x`
Last edited by nvs on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Gem TD+ 1.4.3 Released

Postby HazarDous » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:27 am

Updated, thanks for your work.

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:54 am

Thanks for updating the bot!

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Played it on hardest dificulty. Air is much stronger and forces u to make the antiairtower that is otherwisse usless. But in all its glorry its way easier then the previous versions. Note i killed even the version with 5 000 000. Now the change in chances in first lvl with one combo towers are way higher and the stuns on the slates way more imba. In me normal slate placement, thats 3elderstun slates i managed to kill it in first run in maze. Had 3 and it died on first entry. Thats 1 from 6 stun locks posibble. Plz if nothig else add hp to last boss. He doesnt even have 2 000 000. If u dont die to air there is no way u have trouble to beat the game.

SO plz harden the dificulty. Oh btw. nice job in disabling the bug with gem combingUpg.

Aded replay to show that it was easy.

Ty apreciate ur work hope the develpper read this ;)
Attachments
Gem td 14 3 well it was too easy2018.w3g
(449.71 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:12 am

@shark420 Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated. Let me address some of the points you brought up.

For starters, you did not play the hardest difficulty. You played `Hard`. The hardest is `Extreme`, and that's all anyone has really played since 2008. The game is balanced around Extreme, which is essentially the de facto `default` difficulty. Most people tend to target time as opposed to simply killing the Damage Test. If you want to test your Gem mettle, I urge you to see how fast you can finish a game on Extreme. The best time I've personally seen in the 1.4 series is around 37:00, and the best I've heard of and believe is roughly 35:00.

Increasing the HP of the Damage Test wouldn't really change things much. It is possible to kill him without Ancient Slates (albeit, it is a chore and typically is not very fast). But if he had more HP, then the value of Ancients simply increases. The goal is to improve build diversity, not limit it further. The functionality of Ancients (which admittedly was enhanced by addressing bugs related to the use of `TriggerSleepAction ()` in the map) is the real issue. There are plans to address their usefulness in the future.

It should be said that difficulty scaling was adjusted in 1.4.1 to target life rather than armor to address a discrepancy between magical and physical damages. This essentially made all the difficulties besides Extreme (which remained exactly the same) a bit harder as the monsters became more resistant to physical. This is likely the issue with air feeling more difficult to you, especially if you typically play on any difficulty other than Extreme. In short, the other difficulties are now Extreme but with less life. That's the only difference.

As far as luck goes, nothing has changed. It is neither easier nor harder to get a one-shot tower in any of the rounds. The probabilities to get the basic gems is exactly the same as in previous versions. Sometimes you just have better luck than in other games. Simple as that.

shark420
Resource Storage

Postby shark420 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:14 pm

nvs wrote:@shark420 Thanks for the feedback. It's appreciated. Let me address some of the points you brought up.

For starters, you did not play the hardest difficulty. You played `Hard`. The hardest is `Extreme`, and that's all anyone has really played since 2008. The game is balanced around Extreme, which is essentially the de facto `default` difficulty. Most people tend to target time as opposed to simply killing the Damage Test. If you want to test your Gem mettle, I urge you to see how fast you can finish a game on Extreme. The best time I've personally seen in the 1.4 series is around 37:00, and the best I've heard of and believe is roughly 35:00.

Increasing the HP of the Damage Test wouldn't really change things much. It is possible to kill him without Ancient Slates (albeit, it is a chore and typically is not very fast). But if he had more HP, then the value of Ancients simply increases. The goal is to improve build diversity, not limit it further. The functionality of Ancients (which admittedly was enhanced by addressing bugs related to the use of `TriggerSleepAction ()` in the map) is the real issue. There are plans to address their usefulness in the future.

It should be said that difficulty scaling was adjusted in 1.4.1 to target life rather than armor to address a discrepancy between magical and physical damages. This essentially made all the difficulties besides Extreme (which remained exactly the same) a bit harder as the monsters became more resistant to physical. This is likely the issue with air feeling more difficult to you, especially if you typically play on any difficulty other than Extreme. In short, the other difficulties are now Extreme but with less life. That's the only difference.

As far as luck goes, nothing has changed. It is neither easier nor harder to get a one-shot tower in any of the rounds. The probabilities to get the basic gems is exactly the same as in previous versions. Sometimes you just have better luck than in other games. Simple as that.

Oh thx for expl so that wasnt the hardest. Well its kinda confusing the seting of diff :mrgreen: I personli did beat the gem td, not specific version atleast 40 times kiling the last boss. With me build i whould kill the boss with around 10 000 000 hp. Never tried to beat the game on time. Kinda never had anyone to compete that whould last to end even if they where ahead of me. So me luck on good players was bad :cry: And it whould be nice if u could add some kind of hall of fame score that whould give u a idea of what the good time score is. U said it here, but in game there u have no idea timewisse :D

CluelessFlamer
Aura Tree

Postby CluelessFlamer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am

Forgive me shark, I mean no offense but... so much nonsense in only two posts :lol:

@nvs I feel like there still is a huge discrepancy in term of progression speed between levels 1-30 and 31-50 with the former often being completed much more quickly. Is that something to potentially adress?

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:12 pm

@CluelessFlamer

Perhaps. A major goal is to speed things up further while keeping it challenging and engaging. As it stands, getting under 50 minutes is a typical game for me now, with under 40 representing an amazing game. The eventual goal is to reach 40 and 30 minutes respectively at some point down the line.

As far as the discrepancy you mentioned, that will shift over time as various balance adjustments and changes are made. But I agree. As things are the game is typically quicker in the first 30 rounds. Part of this stems from the fact that some structures can be extremely impactful in the early game (e.g. slates). Another factor is that armor increases as you progress, and typically players will begin to slow down unless they acquire very specific structures.

Still, it's not exactly a big problem. Long term I see the inability to progress further in a timely fashion more of an indication that a player's strategy is not as effectual as it could be. But that requires more options to address all types of luck, especially in the early game. Right now, it hinges a bit too much on specific 'types' of luck.

Return to “Gem TD+”