Gem TD+ 1.5.0 Released

Moderator: nvs

nvs
Forest Walker

Gem TD+ 1.5.0 Released

Postby nvs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Gem TD+ 1.5.0 aims to increase player options and help foster competition. It achieves the former by reworking Extra Chance and introducing new moves for players to utilize, as well as shaking up existing tower balance. The later by revamping the board and making it rank aware.

Check the changelog for a full list of changes, or check in-game under `Information (F9)`.

Notable Changes
  • Extra Chance rework. The primary goals were to reduce cold streaks and increase options when approaching the move. There are new pros and cons to make gameplay more exciting and challenging.
  • Combine rework. The ability to Combine has been split into distinct Combine (2x) and Combine (4x) actions. Additionally, Combine (3x) has been added and is functionally equivalent to Combine (4x) (that is, it will skip a quality).
  • New one-hit slate combination move. When presented with, for example, both Hold and Air slates in a single round, the player will now be able to create the Ancient slate directly.
  • Various balance adjustments to the following towers: Silver, Sterling Silver, Silver Knight, Mighty Malachite, Fire Star, Yellow Sapphire, Star Yellow Sapphire, Ancient Blood Stone, Spell Slate, and Elder Slate.
  • Board/UI update. The position of the clock has been moved, and the board will now keep track of your DPS, rank, and Damage Test status.
Download
Last edited by nvs on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

santacruz87
Basic Tree

Re: Gem TD+ 1.5.0 Released

Postby santacruz87 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:13 pm

This is the end of the real that Gem TD for me bye.

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Gem TD+ 1.5.0 Released

Postby nvs » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 pm

@santacruz87

Sorry to hear that. Feedback is especially important, in any game, and I've made a point to listen to as many players as I can along the way. Yes, I do have a particular vision of Gem, but even that is changing as time goes on. I realize not everyone will agree with where I want to take Gem, and this certainly affects my choices.

In my experience, however, many players are supportive of the changes I've made as well as the features I hope to implement in the future. I spend quite a bit of time thinking about major changes, weighing the pros and cons. I want people to come back and play my version of Gem and still have it feel very close to what they knew from the past. Yes, if you look at the Plan (which probably needs an update), you will see many changes that will certainly alter the face of Gem. But in 1.6.0 I will lay the groundwork to allow in-game lobbies that will give people the ability to restart on demand, either by themselves or with other players, using whatever settings they prefer. If you want the 'Classic' Gem TD experience, you'll be able to choose that as a preset in the future.

But the Gem community, to no real fault of its own, has historically been rather quiet. It has never been that organized. The last version Bryvx released was in 2008. That's why I encourage people to voice their opinions here in this subforum, as you have done, or on the Gem TD+ Discord server. It will help me create a version of Gem that can attract both new players and engage the most skillful, no matter their preferences in regards to how the play the map.

Return to “Gem TD+”