Stuck and cannot select anything

Moderator: nvs

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Stuck and cannot select anything

Postby Faithgr » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 am

Good morning guys,

In the Gem td on ENT hosting in some maps Gem td i am stucking and i cant click nowhere! maybe its a bug or something? i dont know i try it without alt tabs and i stuck too... its too annoying guys please tell me a way to fix it or if its a bug :/

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Stuck and cannot select anything

Postby nvs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:34 am

A bit hard to understand you, but what version were you playing? If it was the auto-hosted `4.0kn`, then if the player in the `Red` slot was AFK the game will remain paused until he selects the settings. If he does not come back, you will have to close Warcraft 3. That is a bug and is fixed in Gem TD+.
Last edited by nvs on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Re: Gem TD v3.1 Bugs and Issues

Postby Faithgr » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:29 am

I am playing in the autohost ENT gaming, the version i can see now is Gem TD+ 1.1, 2 times only me stuck and i wasnt red twice, im just clicking everywhere and at 20-25 level i just cant click nowhere, the other people didnt stuck like me, now i never see that bug again for a week ago, anyway if i have that problem again i will tell you, as you say is fixed so :D

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Gem TD v3.1 Bugs and Issues

Postby nvs » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:43 am

@Faithgr

I looked at the replays for these two games you played where you said you were 'stuck':

I have no clue what happened. By 'stuck' do you mean you could not move the mouse? You could type, though? How did you exit the game?

Regardless, both those games were with the older `4.0kn` version. But yeah, if you run into the same issue, let me know.

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:08 am

After running into @Faithgr in-game and having him encounter the exact bug he was trying to explain, I have a better idea of what the issue is. Essentially his ability to select has been disabled for some reason. A bit of research shows that this happens in numerous maps, and has happened over many years. As for the cause I have not been able to pin that down. It is possible that it is just a lurking Warcraft 3 bug that shows up for some reason.

I have opened this issue for anyone wanting to keep an eye on this bug's progress. My initial thinking is that some sort of keyboard command will be needed.

Edit: The cause of the bug is unknown. I don't even know if it is something I can fix. It seems to affect certain players more often than others.
Last edited by nvs on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Postby Faithgr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 am

Good evening again,

The new updated mak GEM TD+ 1.2 have still bugs, first is that with the stuck, and secondly is with the range check, i type it in 3 towers and the black circle didnt gone, just stucked in map and was annoying all time.

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Like I said, I have no clue what is causing the problem with being 'stuck' for you. We tested what I was hoping would fix the problem, but it didn't. You did mention you have a pirated copy of Warcraft III. That may have something to do with it, I don't know. It is possible I may fix the bug by rewriting parts of the map. But without knowing the cause, that's a shot in the dark. The best you can do right now is post a link to the replay of each game where this bug happens to you, mentioning the time when it happens.

As far as range check, I have not touched any of that code. So you're running into an old bug. I'll look into that one. A replay would be appreciated, though.

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Postby Faithgr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:17 am

I see my bug problem for that, its okay, im not running any version but only yours, im only playing GEM TD in ENT and when you click Range check from towers it stucks and a black circle doesnt dissapear, its annoying, please fix it.

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm

@Faithgr

nvs wrote:A replay would be appreciated, though.

Along with other information, such as the time when you first encounter the bug, etc.

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Postby Faithgr » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:34 am

Good morning,

I dont know why and how but my problem with bug fixed and with range check too, well i didnt do anything maybe magic happens xD

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 am

When the range check issue does occur, on what gem/slates is it happening?

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Postby Faithgr » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:29 am

Good morning,

NVS i stucked in Battle net played alone in creating game like single, i stucked at 55 minutes and i saved game because i didnt played in ENT and i played alone.

Click to the link to download the replay
http://www.filedropper.com/stucked55

The range check issue was in single player, i will test it another time and if i stuck again on range check i will inform you.

nvs
Forest Walker

Postby nvs » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:54 am

@Faithgr

That's not a replay. That's a save file. But it's good to know the issue goes away after loading the game from a save.

Replays have the file extension '.w3g', and are in your 'replay' folder in the Warcraft 3 directory. The last game played will have a replay called 'LastReplay.w3g', even if you did not save it.

Edit: I think I figured out the bug. It's a rare and old Warcraft 3 bug that involves clicking a dialog window button multiple times (in order words, the Extra Chance window in Gem). Why this happens, I cannot say. Perhaps lag, or something else. Anyways, user control (via the mouse) gets removed. I'm testing now to see if I can prevent this, or if anything can restore control.

Faithgr
Resource Storage

Postby Faithgr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:13 am

I save the replay and i just get it from the file, you can put it in your wc3 files and just open it, i think it works.

Return to “Gem TD+”