Bugs Encountered

Moderator: nvs

hunu
Basic Tree

Bugs Encountered

Postby hunu » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:28 pm

I have been DC'd an uncharacteristic amount of times from matches.

I was playing a game, 2 players. I was red, other player was Blue. Blue took his round 5 turn and didn't get a gem. He combined 2 chipped rubies.

nvs
Forest Walker

Re: Bugs Encountered

Postby nvs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:48 am

If you run into issues, linking the replays in question helps, also with the timestamp. I need actual evidence or I'd be searching blind. You can check here for your own personal history. The game you are referring to seems to be this one: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8115588

The player selects both the chipped rubies around the 05:30 mark, and hits the combine action. However, no gem is placed for the player, and both rubies are replaced by rocks. The behavior around combining is not something I have touched, so this bug has probably existed in Gem for a while. But I'll double check to be sure.

As far as your disconnects go, I only saw one game in your recently played list that showed some form of connection issue (you lagged out), at least for Gem TD+: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=8111067

Edit: After looking closer, it seems that the other player was spamming the 'Combine' button, and two 'Combine' orders were issued. Most players only hit 'Combine' a single time. For some reason, the code does not handle the double order for 'Combine' properly, and the bug you witnessed occurs. My suggestion, do not spam click the orders. I was not able to reproduce this bug for 'Keep', despite confirming multiple 'Keep' orders were issued. This behavior seems isolated to 'Combine'. Also, this is an old bug and will definitely be present in the older versions of Gem as well, not just Gem TD+.

I have opened this issue if anyone would like to track the progress on this bug.

This issued has been resolved, and the fix will be included in the `1.2` release. To avoid this bug until then, do not spam the 'Combine' ability.

Return to “Gem TD+”