2.36 Changelog (old discontinued test version)

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

Quetra
Protector of Nature

2.36 Changelog (old discontinued test version)

Postby Quetra » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Disclaimer: This is an old thread, a new 2.36 is being worked on separately. Check out the changelog section for the newest versions.

Version 2.36 Beta C

Spoiler!
New:

-Added a new upgrade from Hospital, Black Hawk Heliport. 800 gold cost, requires Flight/Biology. Spawns a Black Hawk, 725 health, 1 Light armour, same heal as the medic and an AoE 10 hp/s heal that does not stack (heals organic and mechanical.). Can also be built by Modern Worker.

-Added a new upgrade from Munitions Plant, Refinery, and Battlefield Trenches: Humvee Depot. A smaller Mech Infantry (doesn't drop a unit after death.) Costs 1000g, requires Combustion. Upgrades into Mech Infantry (M-Gunner) for 1000g 1 food.

-Added a new upgrade from Quinquireme, the Ram Ship. Deals 32-46 damage, has 650 hp and 5 armor. Deals 7% of its damage as AoE. Same Attack and Armor Type as the Quinquireme. Requires Construction

-Removed Mausoleum and The Great Temple and packaged their effects into one wonder, The Doublemeat Palace. 3000g gold cost (combined cost of the two wonders.) Industrial Wonder that requires Refrigeration.

-Removed Panama Canals and Hoover Dam and packaged their effects into General Mills. (Requires Refrigeration.) Stacks with Zeus/Hanging Gardens/Colossus. Updated the model and icon of General Mills.

Balance:

-Dromon hp increased from 450 to 500. (in line with Penteconter and Quinquireme.) Attack increased from 21-27 to 26-37. (in line with Penteconter and Quinquireme.) Reduced armor from 5 to 4. (Penteconter has 5, Quinquireme 3.) Galley now upgrades into Dromon as well as Penteconter. Dromon given a new armour type: Light Ship. Same as Light armour, except Siege deals 50% to it rather than 100%.

-Dreadnought's range reduced from 900 to 500.

-Magellan's Expedition now spawns 2 Frigates instead of Caravels for 2300g. Requires Chemistry.

-Crossbowman cooldown reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds while maintaining the same DPS.

-Commando cooldown reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds while maintaining the same DPS.

-Medic's attack removed. It's heal range has been increased from 250 to 850.

-Reverted Grenadier range nerf from previous version.

-Bazaar of Alexandria now gives 15/15/15/20 for every set afterwards, changed from 10/15/20 for every set afterwards.

General/Bug Fixes:

-Added new icons/models for Armor/Heavy Armor.

Era rewards adjusted -
Gold reward for controlling top goes up by +4/+8/+4 for each era.
Material reward for controlling bot goes up by +4/+8/+4 for each era.
Material reward for controlling middle top circle and middle mid circle goes up by +1 each era.
-Saint Michel's Abbey changed to a flat +5/+10/+5 for controlling each circle, which does not increase for future eras.

-New fusillier model given a blue tint.

-Siege Cannon's animation time is now in line with Field Cannon's.

-Reduced the size of the War elephant from 1.25 to 1 scale.

-Reduced the life regen of elites from 5% to 3%.

-General corrected to Light armour instead of Modern Infantry. Now attacks air as well as ground. No longer upgrades into Interceptor/Divebomber. Now correctly requires Leadership. The Admiralty now upgrades into the General's Heliport.

-Light armor description corrected: Siege damage actually deals 100% to the armor type rather than 50%.

-Construction and Metallurgy now show their research time.

-Trade Markets, Food Markets, and Material Markets now show the correct values of food and materials.

-Bank and Hanging Gardens now show the correct income payout in their mana.

Download Link: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/266823/

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Re: 2.36 Changelog

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:48 pm

Hype!
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Civiliznations wrote:-Dreadnought's range reduced from 900 to 500.

Was this needed?

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:41 pm

It allows them to act as a tank unit and absorb submarine shots without the splash affecting the back line. I am fairly sure this is a "nerf" to dreadnought that allows it to serve a needed role and therefore a buff to top lane in general.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Cool! Keen to try out these new quins

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 pm

It allows them to act as a tank unit and absorb submarine shots without the splash affecting the back line. I am fairly sure this is a "nerf" to dreadnought that allows it to serve a needed role and therefore a buff to top lane in general.

It's definetly a buff as you say. Just because the stats were reduced doesn't mean it made the unit worse, aka a nerf. A dreadnought is simply a Tank for top lane. It had the exact same stats as the Tank except it had more range. The tank is a soaker unit, but because of the long range of the dreadnought this meant that it often didn't get targeted at all, sometimes I even saw it dying last. I expect dreadnought will be a necessary tank for late indust/modern now rather than staggering invuls.

Kenderfail
Resource Storage

Postby Kenderfail » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 am

Black hawk helicopter is a cool idea but may end up too strong (especially at top).

Humvee seems cool as well as long as it doesn't remove the use of early tanks.

Ram ship idea is cool and I want to test it a lot to see if it is too strong now or not strong enough.

I'm not sure I like removing mauso and temple and making them into one wonder and I also don't really like the name doublemeat palace :( I feel like having them separate makes it more manageable by letting top/bot get 1 each.

The general mills combination is probably the thing I most disagree with-- I think it feels op in a few games and the opponent has no way to respond by allowing allies to gain benefits of their own lanes.

Dromon buffs are fine as long as they're not too strong now. (again, testing needed and I will test them more)
-Dreadnought range reduction is good

magellan change seems cool.

xbow and commando changes seem fine.

bug fixes and new model for armor are good.

-The new fusi model seems cooler.

-Siege Cannon's animation time boost may make it too strong.

-Reducing size of elephant is good.

-Reduced the life regen of elites is fine.

-General corrected to Light armour instead of Modern Infantry. Now attacks air as well as ground. No longer upgrades into Interceptor/Divebomber. Now correctly requires Leadership. The Admiralty now upgrades into the General's Heliport. Good.

-Light armor description corrected: Siege damage actually deals 100% to the armor type rather than 50%. Good

-Construction and Metallurgy now show their research time. Good.

-Trade Markets, Food Markets, and Material Markets now show the correct values of food and materials. Good.

-Bank and Hanging Gardens now show the correct income payout in their mana. Good.

Overall changes are positive but definitely a few things I want to test quite a bit for balance.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:17 am

General Mills is definetly going to be changed in some regard as several people are concerned it's too good. As for how it will be changed, I'm not sure. The logic behind combining is partly because there is not much space for new Medieval/Industrial Wonders. I could look into how to make an extra page instead (not possible in normal wc3 but there is probably some way to do it), but I thought combining them would be a good idea as a buff considering those wonders were too weak. But it seems that making it stack with the other income wonders was overshooting for sure.

As for the name/model of Doublemeat Palace I just saw it on Hiveworkshop and thought it looked amusing. (Also it's natural for it to require refrigeration, a lesser used tech.) Again combining them was mostly about space, but also I had no qualms about making it an industrial wonder since they were only ever built in the late game anyways. It's a good point that you can no longer have sidelanes build one of each, but the flipside is that one wonder is faster to build than two.

The Dromon buffs are large but so was it's plight. After testing it ingame I concluded that it lost to literally every ship on it's tech point. Testing will tell how strong it is now.

If Black Hawk is strong it will still be a one of since the aura doesn't stack, although I see that is probably a must have. I would be happy with making the medic unit and biology tech more useful outside of Statue of Liberty though.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:35 pm

A new unit against the Penteconter spam is a good idea, hope it will break up the standard of adding docks a bit.
I don't like recreating General MIlls and merging Mauso and Great Temple (and can only say it again and again, not to remove, rather balance something that was in the game already).
General/Helicopter was a great invention, love it how it is: a single air unit that can dominate all ground units. Shouldn't be able to target air.

Any plans on improving weak starts (building towers, granaries, starting at inner towers)?

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:52 pm

RaptorXI wrote:Any plans on improving weak starts (building towers, granaries, starting at inner towers)?

How would you improve a granary start? The granary unit provides food for a cost. It puts you behind in war units and in gold spent on the structure and not on war units.

Tower opening are as strong as they ever were, which is to say - fairly weak against a competent opponent. Towers were introduced as a defensive option, not an offensive one and to that extent, I think they succeed. I am not sure we need to change their identity. But once again, what do you propose?

Starting at inner towers: This is weak because of formation. This cannot be "fixed" without making all approaches a straight line. I cannot conceive a way to improve this strategy from a code standpoint.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Starting at inner towers: This is weak because of formation. This cannot be "fixed" without making all approaches a straight line. I cannot conceive a way to improve this strategy from a code standpoint.

You could have them move faster up until they got to the outer towers I suppose. But I see no reason why building at the inner towers should be a good idea. They are just a base defence.

Noctosphere
Forest Walker

Postby Noctosphere » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Personaly, I would let General's Helicopter as modern infantry, because as Light, it would totally get raped by Aegis
(2shot, maybe 3?)

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:23 pm

[quote=] But I see no reason why building at the inner towers should be a good idea. They are just a base defence.[/quote]

If they are a bad starting position and fall afer any successfull rush, why not give them a buff then?

Civ_ONE
Resource Storage

Postby Civ_ONE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:13 am

Hey Civiliznations, Can we have the bot autobalance the teams for every game as the default? There's no reason to have an unbalanced game. We all the know the funnest games are the ones that are close. I see too many times where the stacked team is far too strong. It's not fun for either side. A lot of games don't get started beacuse they are unfair. The weaker team will lobby dodge and then no games get played. Only when people who don't care about losing show up, then the game gets started. Then it's just a massacre. Nobody has fun. New people can't get started.

MedSci
Resource Storage

Postby MedSci » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 am

Return to “Civilization Wars”