Suggestions for the next tournament

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Suggestions for the next tournament

Postby XGDeath3 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:55 pm

I am thinking of making set times for each match so that we can move the tournament along better. Please post days and times when you are most available and if you would be interested in playing in the next tournament. I will try to craft the matches based around the responses.

What are people's thoughts on having 4 player teams so that there is an alternate available if one player cannot make a certain time?

Would anyone be interested in a 1v1 tournament bracket on the side?

What format would players prefer?

Thanks all!
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Re: Suggestions for the next tournament

Postby RaptorXI » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:41 am

My feeling was a week was not enough time for everyone to know about the tournament and get ready. Also most people didn't seem to be serious about a sportive competition, registering and not showing up. Maybe preparaition should be prolonged and also allowing signing from being a single 3-lanes-player up to a team with like 3 reservists.
And to keep it special: Started with this one, why not repeat the tournament every December and have something to look forward to once a year?

I will also announce Team Moonbright as the first worldwide champions, congratulations Alterego, sera2021 and lvlawang! :)

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:53 pm

I was wanting to hold a tournament every month if possible. The idea of having more than 3 players per team so that players have back ups has been noted. I just worry that teams will not coordinate themselves.

Also, I know the registration period was short, but it was still 2 weeks. In the future, it will likely be the same or slightly longer. Maybe first two weeks of a month are sign ups, last two weeks for the games?

Thanks for your input. :)
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Banning for registering and not showing up for a single game could motivate people to coordinate themselves.

Return to “Civilization Wars”