Civilization Wars: Map Development

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

RaptorXI
Treant

Re: Civilization Wars: Map Development

Postby RaptorXI » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:15 pm

EDIT:
I've stated it some times already, but can do again: my project will be the wc3 map. For me it's not about making money, i would like to continue the game the way i got known it, enjoyable and playable on a competitive level. Help is welcome, but doesn't mean anymore that you will get a copy of the open version.
About non-wc3: i hardly can tell anything, i know Dangime made the reddit forum with the goal to make a new game, indepedent, DOTA2 or LTD2 mod. I don't know the progress state or when it's planned te be released.
If you want to get your own things running, you should/have to ask the former mappers for their agreement and always name them in your credits.
For any further info, you can join the reddit forum or the Steam Group.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:06 pm

@toyman19
I've read your post at the reddit forum too... are you just trying to promote Dota2?

sweetandsourpanda
Basic Tree

Postby sweetandsourpanda » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:53 am

I used to play Civwars all the time, I loved that game.

For you guys wondering why people are talking about Dota2...... it makes freaking sense, man. Look, I played WC3 for years... like, what, 8 years or something? I played Dota and Civ wars. I don't have a copy of WC3 anymore, I suppose I could try to download a copy but then I'd have to get garena and/or somehow get back on battlenet and it's such a hassle. I'm sure the WC3 Civwars community is slowly shrinking/dying and that's such a shame, because that game deserves to be a standalone game, it's easily as good as if not better than Dota.

SC2 was not a popular Blizzard release, not many people are playing it.
Dota2 is popular with a growing community and it's free. It's the logical place to make the next Civwars and the logical next step for the community. Furthermore, Dota2 runs well on low end systems, I know, because I have a really cheap/crappy laptop that runs it just fine.

Please, please, please get Civwars on to Dota2. I guarantee you when that happens it will blow up and become the most popular custom game in Dota2, and probably create enough demand that in time it will be its own standalone game.

PhrozenFire
Basic Tree

Postby PhrozenFire » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:14 am

This needs to be remade on SC2 Arcade, I was going to learn the editor to remake it but if you have the original map owners permission you should remake this on SC2, the arcade has way more players and games would fill up fast. Im waiting over an hour for a game on wc3, just not as many people...
We need this on SC2 arcade!!!

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:14 pm

If you are willing to contribute something for non-WC3, you can help Dangime making the standalone game/SC2 map//LTD2 mod:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Civilization_Wars/

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:25 am

Global trading system implemented, will replace the old static:
- neutral area where all financiers meet
- dynamic buying and selling
- indicator to show current devices

MedSci
Resource Storage

Postby MedSci » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:47 pm

RaptorXI wrote:- anti-hack protection implemented (disabled until it's working reliable)

How was it supposed to work? I remember we tested it in one of your beta versions.

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Postby XGDeath3 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:22 am

As i recall there was some code in the 2.30 version for an anti hack that had to be disabled due to causing a lot of load on the map and making it unstable. Also, it was found to be completely ineffective.

No idea if Raptor just tried to fix that or if he found something newer / better or not.
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:36 pm

MedSci wrote:
RaptorXI wrote:- anti-hack protection implemented (disabled until it's working reliable)

How was it supposed to work? I remember we tested it in one of your beta versions.

I locked those maps for the very reason that no one else knows. ;)

But w/e with an unprotected map:
Catch them by their curiosity and think...
My final idea was to create a new wonder (Sputnik) as an invisble unit slowly flying around and removing fog of war. Since invisible enemy units can't be seen by anything else besides hacking, a hacker surely would click on it (sooner or later) once he spots the new thingy. By doing that, it's proven that the person hacked and got marked for all to see. QED

Ugly
Resource Storage

Postby Ugly » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm

hi !
Just to say that Civiliznation has done a great job on this map, with many improvements.
A very few bugs or corrections coud get done, but i enjoy being able ti play it again after all these years.
People need to learn to appreciate what they get : this is a great game and a great version
Ugly

Dangime
Basic Tree

Postby Dangime » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Civilization Wars: Stand Alone Game Kickstarter

Kickstarter Preview: Please Register and click "Notify me on Launch" Launch is scheduled for 04/02/2020

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... ation-wars

Website and Forum www.EpicEpochs.com

Video Proposal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2Cq1O ... e=youtu.be

Thank you for your support!

Return to “Civilization Wars”