Separate newcomers and old fellows

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

cody
Basic Tree

Separate newcomers and old fellows

Postby cody » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi folks!
As you can see in games no one wants to play with new players. Games against them are boring, or at least they got kicked by team.
My suggestion is to host two games. One for beginners (stats lowest 25 games and ELO lower 1050) and one for the old fellows.
What are the benefits received:
- newcomers don’t got kicked, more civwars fans for the future
- games with 3v3 good players, no one noob ruin game
- no team stack, cannot cheat with ELO a lot
- no multi-accounting
- no bored games with newcomers
How do you like this?

dormant
Basic Tree

Re: Separate newcomers and old fellows

Postby dormant » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:21 pm

I would agree with topic starter, if only we have more players in this game. It is possible that 2 separate (pro/noob) games will never start.

I would like to suggest also adding "!votestart" command to start not full games with automatic mode selection (-2v2 or -1v3, etc).

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:04 pm

On such a bot the lowest elo players would be who no one wants to have in their team. Or will you be the one who trains them up, when complaining about new players already?
A second bot brings longer waiting times, are you sure you are patient enough to wait more?

My experience tells me that you won't get these benfefits you mentioned by just making more bots, since it brings the same people with the same habits. I've played Civ Wars and other games on a top level, and the higher the ambition is, the less mistakes are tolerated.
I suggested to disable downloads once, to make it a restricted game, and only let those in who find their way. since it's obviously what the community wants. There are even reports and bans for hosting custom modes, although I allowed fun modes again at the current map by denying game modes to be set by a bot.

Without tracking wins/loses could become nicer. But guess it's too radical again.

falcom
Resource Storage

Postby falcom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Great idea !!! that's what civ wars need. I am ready to rent a server for that !!
It must also put autobalance , and choose lane during the game, not in the lobby.
Raptor, you're wrong we are waiting a lot in lobby cause we have 0 new players !
Currently new players are insulted and stupidly kick . The games are all unbalanced .. here's some proof : lot of stacking

Want more ???

Ent admin im ready to rent a server for new players !
Thx you
These users thanked the author falcom for the post:
RaptorXI (Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:41 pm)

cody
Basic Tree

Postby cody » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Recently, there are many trolls(like a team killer) who ruin the game.

I offer JUST host the second game with a name like "Civilization Wars Qualified #" where allowed only players with 100+ games in stats (and also ELO 1000+).

It has become so bad that I stopped to join a game, if not know the players.
We also need !voteban feature. The current system of the ban through the forum is very inconvenient.

Added:
Recently, there a lot new players and many problems with desynk. Some players get them on first second of each game and do not stop to join the next. I suggest an auto ban for 30 minutes, otherwise it is impossible to play the game.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 am

You can report players for abusing the votekick function.

Furthermore, ENT is a place for both newbies and pros. New players cant learn the game properly if they are isolated from players who mastered the game and know the tricks.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

magicbox
Armored Tree

Postby magicbox » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:07 pm

I always propose to create private game with obs if we can get close teams. But the problem is that most of lamers think that they are good enough and don't listen. Learn basics, listen to ur capt, play (or watch) some games vs pro where ur opponent wins via position/timing and u will become better. Trust me). Any1 also can ask me for training or briefing.

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:09 pm

@magicbox Still hosting 2.30 final?

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Good idea in theory but in practice, old players will join the noob games and smash them and flame etc

Return to “Civilization Wars”