Ent16 reform

Moderators: XGDeath3, Quetra

RaptorXI
Treant

Ent16 reform

Postby RaptorXI » Wed May 25, 2016 9:27 am

Disable downloads
Civ Wars is not any game and everyone can at least download the map, and other bots have the same feature (DotA)

Standard game mode
Red must announce non-custom modes before the game starts

Leaving before the end is elo manipulation
Until the bot locked stats, players must not leave because of a broken trigger

Your ideas? What do you think?

XGDeath3
Armored Tree

Re: Ent16 reform

Postby XGDeath3 » Wed May 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Thoughts:

On disabling downloads - No. The community is small and it isn't really growing. Alienating new players is not what we want or need. We don't have a community website to download from like DotA has. We also don't have the legions of dedicated players that are willing to go to a website to download the map.

On Standard game mode - This should have remained set by the bot, in my opinion. The "normal" mode should be the only version played on the bot. If people want to mess around with the other modes, take it to custom hosts.

On Elo manipulation - Can you expand on this? I haven't heard of this. Maybe it is something that I can look in to?

Thanks!
XG
These users thanked the author XGDeath3 for the post:
RaptorXI (Sat May 28, 2016 11:11 am)
Eternal Noob of Civ Wars

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Wed May 25, 2016 11:06 pm

XGDeath3 wrote:
On Elo manipulation - Can you expand on this? I haven't heard of this. Maybe it is something that I can look in to?

XGDeath3 wrote:There is a desync issue associated with the map using a certain trigger.. I don't remember exactly, might be GetPlayerID or GetCurrentPlayer or something like that - It references the calling player and if two players use the same trigger at the same time, one will desync. This can be avoided with better coding.

It only happens when someone leaves.
These users thanked the author RaptorXI for the post:
XGDeath3 (Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm)

RaptorXI
Treant

Postby RaptorXI » Sat May 28, 2016 11:16 am

XGDeath3 wrote:Thoughts:
No. The community is small and it isn't really growing. Alienating new players is not what we want or need. We don't have a community website to download from like DotA has. We also don't have the legions of dedicated players that are willing to go to a website to download the map.

Public bot but we are a clan.

XGDeath3 wrote:Thoughts:

On Standard game mode - This should have remained set by the bot, in my opinion. The "normal" mode should be the only version played on the bot. If people want to mess around with the other modes, take it to custom hosts.

And -era was still possible in 2.30 final.
These users thanked the author RaptorXI for the post:
XGDeath3 (Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm)

Return to “Civilization Wars”