Revert to .80??

Moderators: HELLRAlSER, ENT Staff

halo_mauler
ENT Staff

Revert to .80??

Postby halo_mauler » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 pm

Due to the rise in the amount of desyncs on this version I believe we should revert to .80
These users thanked the author halo_mauler for the post:
Astros (Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:38 pm)

Hydra_
Basic Tree

Re: Revert to .80??

Postby Hydra_ » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:33 pm

++++

Linkin1210
Armored Tree

Postby Linkin1210 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:36 pm

My brains were desyncing last version... at least for the endless levels.Now the desyncs are more physical, true.

Many desyncs happen because people haven't restarted their warcraft after someone else has desynced in the game before. Desyncs are infected memory and can be passed on from game to game, and player to player, unless restarting warcraft or restarting the whole system sometimes, especially if it has been running for like 6 days or over.
The rather more intense way Microsoft Framework works with custom maps and its constant "attack" by updates all over the place, also cause issues for the whole world of "warcraft 3", and frankly especially custom maps.

Needless, to say, the above is in no way excuse for the increased amount of desyncs this version, compared to last. In the end of the day on the other hand- there a few random commands in the code, which are supposed to be completely normal, however due to the nature of the warcraft 3 engine, seem to create desync chances, probably when it comes to what is counted by the server and what is counted by the player...

With some due dilligence however, we can absolutely minimize desync probabilities, for example during tournaments, or if simply people are aware about the infected memory issue described above and follow simple steps to restart. Then desyncs would be 1% or less, not 2%, or 3% on bad days... for the moment on the current .84 patch.

A reminder that probably around 1% or (I would like to believe slightly less than 1%) of the games on the .80 patch was also making someone's whole game actually crash. This does not seem to happen anymore?

drW
Resource Storage

Postby drW » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:53 pm

You can also host both versions - so everyone can decide?
for me the .84 version is much more better than 80
These users thanked the author drW for the post (total 2):
Kingsbounty (Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:47 pm) • Poorecek (Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:07 am)

Im-Satan
Aura Tree

Postby Im-Satan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:40 am

From conversations ive had with players in our community i believe it would be better to revert to .80 and may even see some players return to our community if this happens.

For me personally i dont care which version is running i just enjoy playing the game regardless. each version has its pros and cons.

im definately up for hosting LTD x10 HELL ver3.14 on a free bot if we have a free bot that is :P
These users thanked the author Im-Satan for the post:
Kingsbounty (Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:59 pm)

Archew
Aura Tree

Postby Archew » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:45 am

desync, stacking lanes, player base lower, etc.

we honestly really need .80 back to not die out as a community. No one wants to play the meta that gets forced upon you, and get so many desyncs.

while .84 has some nice things, we are not ready for it without further changes to deal with the current problems.

+1 to revert
These users thanked the author Archew for the post:
fireandfury (Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:40 pm)

PrinceofBelAir
Armored Tree

Postby PrinceofBelAir » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:36 pm

I believe reverting is the best option atm.

Playerbase is shrinking and most games feel unbearable to play, People dont want to stack (understandingly) but having an autoloss cause of that feels even worse. Most decent+ players have fled to play either .80 on bnet or play no stack on m16. With or already small community i dont think it is sustainable to keep the community split.

i dont necesserily prefer playing either patch, both have some major flaws but to me .84 is only enjoyable to play with friends while .80 you suffer alot less when playing with randoms.

negative point would be alot longer rounds, longer push times, and games that go to endless which will feel super dragged out but it will be a necessary evil i believe.

+point will be alot more flexibel and tactical sending meta, more good players, less utterly broken units (warden,soul,spreader), no forced stacking meta.

Curt
Aura Tree

Postby Curt » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:17 pm

i dont care about desyncs but make stacking lanes a bannable offense, or make it so that the default mode doesn't allow for it.

Hooch
Forest Walker

Postby Hooch » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Curt wrote:i dont care about desyncs but make stacking lanes a bannable offense, or make it so that the default mode doesn't allow for it.

id rather .80 but i also agree stacking lanes should be bannable, maybe sharing aura heros only should be acceptable. it destorys the fun in the game and makes it feel like your just playing the game a way its not meant to be played. and if anyone new ever wants to play hellhalt its way to confusing to learn they wont even bother.

Linkin1210
Armored Tree

Postby Linkin1210 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:43 am

the teleport bug needs fixing... it really makes the whole stacking meta abusable on a totally different level.

Anyway no-stacking-mode also, yeah : )) 6 rolls each, no shares?

Curt
Aura Tree

Postby Curt » Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:25 am

Linkin1210 wrote:the teleport bug needs fixing... it really makes the whole stacking meta abusable on a totally different level.

Anyway no-stacking-mode also, yeah : )) 6 rolls each, no shares?

i mean i dont mind sharing auras, but since u cant really put a limitation on what u share its messy.

I would literally go as far as separating the dual sides with a thin wall (something not even ghosts or mines can pull across)
These users thanked the author Curt for the post:
Linkin1210 (Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:58 pm)

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:38 pm

+1 on bringing back the old version.

I've noticed there are fewer HHTD games because of this new version. I'm pretty sure most players prefer the older version with no stacking.

Also, the de-syncing issue is frustrating as it seems to be happening more frequently.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

BetonakisZONK
Resource Storage

Postby BetonakisZONK » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 am

Hi gals,

tbh since we got lot of possible hosting options left i would suggest

1 atm Version
1 like on reforged
and one 1v1 solo vs solo...
i mean no hurts and no costing extra since we hosted 5 years ele td and stuff that had lobby times from about 2-3 MONTHS right?
and if it does tell me i send u the $€$

cause idk why ppl drop that much atm... but besides desync i like new version somehow since old one been permanent 26 race yolo gamble.

and with 1v1 option u can have fun during ghost town moments.. and on regular use its mixing up well i think. ppl will return for old from bnet. and others stick to stackhold-desyc-gamble.

is it fast & ezy possible to get a new mode like -ns = no stack & -ss = semi stack with fix builder movement area`?.... stacking sure seems for everyone fucking ugly even the stackers emselves.but to have an option to cover up insane unlucky rolls with coop build is nice.
on x3 it was cross play, than x10 start it was only get greymares, than cross, than stack, than All solo, than stack, and and and...
would just be cool to have any chance with a normal roll to stand equal vs bad roll cover up with stack.
Stop -dm mode and stacking times over too... UNLEASH MERC again? xD
well but seriously stacking isnt the problem imo. its more the thing that its so much better with any crap to stack than build alone even with a good or even stron roll.. without an insane mega roll, no stack, 100% weaker setup. so u get more fun for lower chances... thats the worse.
maybe hellraiser can do something like the merc cap in earlier versions. after merc was played too crazy at least in theory creep gold was related to value... so u cant 100% merc. or sell or what ever.. y didnt work xD but... if possible without too much efford aura share to stacking only possible if u +- 20% average
THX
and no im not finally and officially "special" .my Germish is even worse than usual... sry that so called girlscout cookie club hired dj moly & toad - Colada teleported my IQ.... i hope.

LETS JUST KEEP HELLHALT ALIVE... grey will take in everything&everywhere u want...
*thx to my loved alien ho*
These users thanked the author BetonakisZONK for the post (total 2):
Kingsbounty (Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:51 pm) • Linkin1210 (Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:39 pm)

reasontolive
Basic Tree

Postby reasontolive » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:50 pm

my both hands and up, I strongly support this suggestion

iiabos
Resource Storage

Postby iiabos » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:32 pm

I definitely support reverting to .80 until there is a new version.

Better game play, less reliance on stacking, and no desyncing.

Return to “HELLHALT TD”