Forest Walker

wtf slavers

Postby whiteicefire » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 am

slavers with vampy aura.... stupidly powerful and my fav build yet again

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Re: wtf slavers

Postby Hakuna » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:22 am

I've never found Slavemasters any stronger than the alternative normal damage sources, and medium armor is not normally ideal due to weakness on 14 and 15. Any reason why this is better than say, Warchiefs, Blasters, Cavaliers, Nightmares, Guards, Clockwrecks, or Wolverines? I know the passive is tempting but I've always found to get them to hold it took more value than other builds which in turn diminshes how much push and income you can get. Just never seemed worth it to me.

Interested if you have more insight on the subject.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

whiteicefire
Forest Walker

Postby whiteicefire » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:17 pm

slavers 120 val so 10 of them with both new vampy auras makes an excellent meatshield with like 20-25% lifesteal just back them up with lots of ranged

whiteicefire
Forest Walker

Postby whiteicefire » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:17 pm

20-30 gold on top of inc every round helps a lot i find

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:22 pm

160 value.

I just find you can't push as much with them and still hold as other units.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

rodrigo3190
Basic Tree

Postby rodrigo3190 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:34 am

they aren't even worth in ltd mega, tryed to merge and build some in mid some times, they just aren't worth it. With 6 slavemasters you get 18 extra income, but you paid 160*6=960, you would need 54 lvls to at least get some profit... Can't dev plz give them a Upgrade? (Also no way to yolo with them in solo)(if u push 3/0 before lvl 3 you will not hold 3 neither hold 4 and 5, and even if u go 1/0 until 5 you almost never hold it)

The extra gold is just salt to people who wasted gold on them :(

Qvist
Treant

Postby Qvist » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:42 pm

m8 for the tactic to work decent enough you need servants in mass numbers no wonder they called slavemasters only need a few of them :) but i agree they do suck still compared to everything :D

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 am

@rodrigo3190 I think we were in the same game when yo did that :D
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

kasper699
Treant

Postby kasper699 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:40 am

i think slaves should get a little buff so we actually see them in games. when i see someone build slaves i just hang my head is shame and start crying in side

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:59 pm

I honestly see more this unit as a mix unit than a main unit to build. I think it can be a nice add early game and the +3 gold is always nice. This unit is, in my opinion, not meant to be massed, like aquas or anything, because it's bad on it's own, just like a lot of other units. I haven't seen anyone complain that wyvern, ranger, egg sack or gateguard sucks, because people understand that they are not units to "mass", but units to add to other units and to mix.

I agree though that slavemasters suck. It could benefit from a minor buff, but nothing too major. Should not become so good that it can become a good yolo tower or it might become actually too good with the additional gold.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

blazeitup
Forest Walker

Postby blazeitup » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Pretty bad comparison you made just there though, as all the towers you mentioned "serve a purpose".

Eggsack as delay/1,2,4 hold then sui, gateguard as sui/delay, wyvern anti 10, ranger anti 10+pull merge.

Slavemaster serves no other purpose the bringing you roundgold up, but it fails miserably here since it's to weak and the gold gained is to low. It could certainly be buffed in some way (more gold, not stronger imo)

@Kiwi

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:46 pm

blazeitup wrote:Pretty bad comparison you made just there though, as all the towers you mentioned "serve a purpose".

Eggsack as delay/1,2,4 hold then sui, gateguard as sui/delay, wyvern anti 10, ranger anti 10+pull merge.

Slavemaster serves no other purpose the bringing you roundgold up, but it fails miserably here since it's to weak and the gold gained is to low. It could certainly be buffed in some way (more gold, not stronger imo.

I don't see why the only purpose of slavemasters would be to give gold. I mean, it's a nice ability and all, but it's not because it has this ability that it has to be it's only use. I see slavemasters as a unit to mix, at the same title as gateguards, raiders, sentry, etc.

If you don't try to make your lane viable with pure gateguard mass, why would you try to do it with pure slavemasters?
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “Archive”