Thoughts as New player

Moderator: broud3r

azmoso
Basic Tree

Thoughts as New player

Postby azmoso » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

I'm a new player with about 50 games played with around 45% wr. I'm loving it. Really interesting fun and technical game. Just sharing some thoughts:

I feel like the standard LTD Mega Ent game always seems to be one sided with players stacking teams for a small increase in ELO. This normally plays out with a loss at 7 or 10 depending on how much the stacked team is messing around. Most of the time if a 60% wr player joins a game and there are no empty slots and they're not on the favoured side they'll just leave. This will normally happen 3-4 times per game and increases wait times for everyone.

I find the times where I've learned a lot about the game are when I'm placed with helpful high level players. Telling me build orders and placement etc. I feel like the current state is a little hard on new players, especially brand new players and they will leave with a bad experience and not continue to seek out LTD Mega games. I think it would be awesome if the standard (not 1200 ELO + ) game had !votebalance as default. This wouldn't effect current high level players and would help with new players enjoyment and learning the game.

Also, would be great if there were more LTD Mega standard games available, always find like I have to chase them down as they fill so fast.

Thanks again for hosting, hadn't played warcraft 3 or TD for about 10 years so really appreciate the effort here and the community. Just my thoughts, could be way off the mark.

[edit] just realised I've posted in the wrong place and there's an extensive thread already discussing this .

entgeneer
Aura Tree

Re: Thoughts as New player

Postby entgeneer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:24 am

LTD Mega is just horrible man. So many toxic noobs. I mean you can be noob, everyone was once. But why be toxic then also? On top, the noobs also tend to leave often after leaking hard on any level. The other team wont draw on you. To add everything up, !votebalance is a good idea in theory but practically you just want to get out of this Sub-1200+ hell as fast as possible.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: Thoughts as New player

Postby Jabba41 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 am

I like mega more then 1200 :D
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Return to “Archive”