Autobalance request

Moderator: broud3r

Alexxino7
Armored Tree

Autobalance request

Postby Alexxino7 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:44 am

I am afraid that it is too tough for newish players to get into legion with the current state of affairs. As I see it, the legion community can only decrease in numbers for the following reasons.

People don't wanna play with new players because it is likely that they will lose(including me most of the time). Thus a "stack" forms in the other team, the new players lose elo and the process repeats itself, making it more probable to reoccur.

Loosing isn't fun, but it's part of learning. Loosing every time is surely not going to be enjoyable for long. I have personally seen people with a 0/5, 0/8 and 0/10 scores and I haven't been all too active these days. These people are likely to not return to the game after such streaks. Moreover, I have seen the game stay in lobby for dozen of minutes because these people were in lobby only to fill instantly for the next one.

Of course, you will say, "Just use !autobalance and all will be fine". I am afraid that this also very unlikely to happen for a simple reason. For the autobalance vote to pass it needs 6 votes I believe, but think who the persons who have to vote it are. Four of them are the people who have stacked against the newbies, people who have cared enough about winning that they chose to stack. These people are unlikely(but not impossible) to vote. I daresay that more than 80% of the times these votes won't pass.

Another issue that needs attention is the community size and how people find us. After the infamous patch, ent has become a niche, rather than the de facto that it used to be. People now have to elect to come here. We no longer have the random people who could stumble upon our games. Having the games be so unfairly stacked against them is likely to drive them away.

With things standing as they are I strongly believe that having autobalance be the default will much improve their experience.

A community that gains no new players can only decrease.

Thank you for your time,
PS: Sorry for mistakes of any sort, I am not a native speaker.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Re: Autobalance request

Postby Augustinus » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:46 am

Fully support this. It should rather be the other way around, that people must actively vote to have non-balanced teams. Newbies sometimes don't even know the votebalance command. This system is just generating an environment where new players are meant to be slaughtered by people like eternaldreamer.

I don't want to force everyone to play autobalanced, but at least put the fairer mode as default.

whiteicefire
Forest Walker

Postby whiteicefire » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:14 am

this could be said for all ent games particularly ones like dota and lod whereby having a fully stacked team is often always the case

Dong
Donator

Postby Dong » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm

i am in full support of this suggestion, As long as we are talking about ent18 bot ( [ent] legion td mega # )

this should be a new player friendly envoirnment. And by the looks of the current played games, you either stack we people u know, or dodge the new players.. = zero evolvement.
Thou shall self tk.

whiteicefire
Forest Walker

Postby whiteicefire » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:28 am

bump

Leviathan91
Resource Storage

Postby Leviathan91 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 pm

+ I support this, I default !vb every game but rarely ever happens other ppl type it.
It should be the other way around. People should actively write something to disable shuffling, then new players know something is fishy/ppl stack

gurjop
Forest Walker

Postby gurjop » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 am

I honestly see more harm than anything with this. I rarely play mega but the games i play there is 90% with a friend. If votebalance was automatic we would just leave the lobby and rejoin until we are put on the same team. Also if red wants to do a different mode like no mid or pr what happens? He announces it in lobby and suddenly he's purple. Does the new red have to do the mode that old red announced or not? Mods have said in some cases where there are bad blood between players not to play with each other. They can still play on different teams with eachother muted with it having 0 impact on the game, if they suddenly get swapped on the same team the other two gets in the middle of it making it a miserable experience.
That's my 2 cents on the matter, I don't support it.
holymoly: lot of ppl want play with me.
ROFL

peedee
Resource Storage

Postby peedee » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:56 am

Fully support this

Manners
Aura Tree

Postby Manners » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Maybe make it so you can still do duos ( getting 1200+ while playing solo in mega is more difficult than getting into lihl ) no kappa
Something like !premade (playername) and both people have to do it.

Deckard Cain
Aura Tree

Postby Deckard Cain » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 am

!support it, even that idea with each game is autobalanced and you have to vote otherwise

Return to “LTD Mega”