Unban request

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Unban request

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Your Warcraft III username: KiwiLeKiller
Realm/Gateway: UsEast
Why are you banned: AFK - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=111779
Why you should be unbanned:
I think that 3 days, for my first ever rule violation, being AFK (which I sais I was going to be) is quite harsh. Anyway, I know I broke a rule.
Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer.

As for the solo sends, it was not solo sending. Noone seemed to be bother by my send at arena and no call whatsoever was made to send 3. Yes, 3 might be a standard lvl to send, but so are lvl 1, 2, 4, 5, etc. So this ban is invalid. Please add a note in my ban history that I was unlegitimately banned for this said solo send.
@Falenga
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Unban request

Postby FalenGa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:23 pm

You are an experienced LTD player, with several hundreds of games. I am sure you are aware that wave 1 and 2 sends are called, and wave 3 is the standard one ( unless something else is called ).

You missed that sent, which alone wouldn't result in a ban.

But by solo sending on arena, we have a total of 2 instances of refusal of cooperation. Which is enough to warrant a ban. The only mistake here is that i typed "solo sending" instead of the whole "refusing to cooperate with his team". I could change that, if you insist.

About the afk, it clearly had a huge impact on the game. You leaked almost all your units on wave 2 due to being afk, which obviously kept you behind. Blaming this on your team would be a complete mistake, as

a) your team is not responsible for your actions. If you needed to go afk in the first 20 seconds of the game, you should have announced it in all chat, and paused the game yourself.

b) your team was told by you "if we send wars on 1, pause". Meaning they were expecting you to return and build by wave 2, which you didn't. You can't blame them for not checking on you on every round...

@Kiwi

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:49 pm

I am sure you are aware that wave 1 and 2 sends are called, and wave 3 is the standard one ( unless something else is called ).

No, I am totally not aware of that new concept. There is nothing like spontaneous send. If you want to play it like this, I don't mind.

As states the rule :
Refusing to cooperate when asked to do so several times by sending alone and not save-send with teammates to win.

Team must ask several times. Please quote those part of the chat log where my team asks me to send on 3.

There was none. My team lacked communication and I get unfairly punished for this.
@Falenga
- Beastman (2017)

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Thinks it's safe to say this ban was a bit excessive. Maybe 1 day as a warning could be explained, but 3 days for the reasons listed is kind of nonsense imo.
These users thanked the author Nore for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:22 pm)
God is my strength.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:55 pm

You get hung up on the part i admitted wouldn't get you banned.

FalenGa wrote:You missed that sent, which alone wouldn't result in a ban.

I won't argue about your team's communication, since there was none. However, that doesn't mean you should send whenever you wish, without even saying a word. And it's not like you sent one aura. You sent all your lumber, which included a balista. That, alone, is enough for a warning ban, especially when it's done by someone who is more than aware of the rules.

@Kiwi

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 pm

@FalenGa
Please do as I asked and explain to me when my team asked me to either send with them on 3 or to stop sending at arena.

Additionally, that arena send was needed for the viability of my build. If I was leaker, we would just lose on lvl 15 and I would have TKed.
- Beastman (2017)

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 pm

@Kiwi
So, as long as noone asks you to stop sending, you believe it's okay to keep sending alone?

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:46 pm

As I said, I needed that income badly. If my team believed it was best for me and for the team to stop sending, I would have, but they didn't, just like they didn't called to send 3. I never refused to send and I never was asked to send or not to send. I didn't break any rules but the AFK one, which I copy/pasted. Now I should be unbanned. Thank you.
@FalenGa
- Beastman (2017)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 am

Your whole team sent level 3, you didn't. You can see it whichever way you'd like, fact remains that you refused to send with the team. Who do you think you are trying to fool here, Kiwi? You're a very knowledgeable player with hundreds of games of experience. No one needs to explicitely tell you to send. You saw the team talking about level 2, then 3, you saw ping at send's location, yet you did not send with them.

Truth is you were angry your at your team for not pausing, and therefore refused to send with them. On level 10, you were angry again because you had lost all your heals, so you solo sent at arena. You can try acting dumb all you want; "i didnt see send level 3" ... "no explicit call was made, so even if whole team sends, I don't have to", but it's not going to work.

The fact that you come here trying to deny something that obvious is insulting. You've been a mod already, you should have a bit more of respect for the time we put in this community.

Denied, appeal won't be approved until you've changed your supercilious attitude.

Return to “Processed Appeals”