banned?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

zxcvb
Basic Tree

banned?

Postby zxcvb » Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 am

Your Warcraft III username:
Realm/Gateway:
Why are you banned:
Why you should be unbanned:

gingersnap@uswest

I do not know why I am banned. If it is because you let some kid troll you into thinking I was ruining then that is comical. If you desire to ban people without thinking, then do your thing and I will go play somewhere else. You shouldn't give these kids an audience when all they do is abuse banning people for any little slight they feel towards them. If you feel there is more to the reason then please let me know because other than telling a bunch of trolls to bequiet and quit a game that is over, I did nothing wrong.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Re: banned?

Postby BeerLord » Mon May 22, 2017 2:44 am

zxcvb
Basic Tree

Postby zxcvb » Mon May 22, 2017 2:48 am

Quitting a game that was already ruined after voting to draw was initiated by the other team it is. And then being votekicked by a troll.Thanks

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 am

Well, you perhaps need to refresh yourself with our rules. One person leaving or disconnecting from a 5v5 game does not constitute "ruining" or "a ruined game". Ive won plenty of games with 4, and lost plenty of games on the side of 5, in that situation. You elected to stop playing and kept going afk. This is considered game ruining and is ban-worthy. Draws are never mandatory.
Does that help to clarify things?

zxcvb
Basic Tree

Postby zxcvb » Mon May 22, 2017 2:59 am

Remember this isnt about you. You arent the one who is banned. I wouldve kept playing if it was not known to me we could just draw the game. Im guessing not allowing a votekick is a bannable offense, but not allowing a draw vote after 3 minutes isnt? Its not my fault the kid who you listened to to ban me wanted to keep playing and maybe you should refresh yourself with chat history and look at the person constantly harassing me until i was votekicked. Why would anyonewant to endure that or choose to play with someone who demonstrates that kind of behavior is beyond me. Thank you for your position on why you banned me.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Mon May 22, 2017 4:04 am

A better option for enduring players you feel are toxic is to !ignore, rather than quit playing which penalizes the other 2-3 allies that aren't. I didnt use my own history for any reason other than to illustrate that being down one guy is not game ending or a reason to quit.

I would like to unban you but I need to be assured that you understand the rules in play here, so that we can avoid similar conflicts in the future.

zxcvb
Basic Tree

Postby zxcvb » Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 am

I do now, but you guys should know the more you allow people to abuse your ban system, the more it'll happen. And I have been using the ignore system alot more lately, I just didnt for that game. And you also know that ignoring these trolls just upsets them further to votekick u in game which is also abused. It wont matter how many people I ignore in-game, the more ban requests will pop up because of how much communication is required to play this game. If that is your solution to this, then I will use it.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Mon May 22, 2017 5:25 am

Well that is one solution, not the only one. Toxic players are something we all have to deal with. Some days I can handle them better than others too. I guess my point is that there are ways to deal with them that dont involve putting yourself at risk for a ban. Clearly going afk and quitting the game are not acceptable. If you can copy and paste the rules from our wiki here onto this thread that pertain to the reason you were banned, then I will unban you. Please pm me when you do so that I get a notification that its done so I can take care of this tonight before I go to bed.

zxcvb
Basic Tree

Postby zxcvb » Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 am

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but i'll post what I think was the rules that were broken according to the wiki page:
Any form of votekick and !ff abuse.
Do not spam during games (chat, ping, etc.).
Do not leave before the game has certainly ended
Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively.
Do not deceive players about rules in an attempt to get them banned/to force them to do something they are not obligated to. For example, telling users to draw or they would get banned is deceiving as drawing is a mere vote and not mandatory
If I am accused of doing what I was banned for, the guy who reported me did all of the above with no penalty. Guess I should have reported him as well. Also I was never away from my keyboard as you guys both stated.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue May 23, 2017 3:35 am

afk is a euphemism for stop playing. You stopped playing. Clearly I have no idea where you were sitting or standing while this took place...

zxcvb
Basic Tree

Postby zxcvb » Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 am

o gotcha still learning the lingo i guess everything has multiple meanings nowadays. Was I wrong in pointing out that he broke some of the rules I listed as well? Just curious if someone's history of being banned or abuse in game affects decisions to carry out a ban.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue May 23, 2017 2:35 pm

unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”