Ban Appeal

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

SkeletonJester
Basic Tree

Ban Appeal

Postby SkeletonJester » Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 am

Your Warcraft III username: SkeletonJester
Realm/Gateway: Lorderon/U.S. West
Why are you banned: Autoban for %66.72~ Stay [From what I can tell]
Why you should be unbanned: My leaving games is pretty shitty, as I can understand. I don't have an excuse for leaving in most of those cases, save for games where the players are a little less than enjoyable to be around, which sometimes I don't feel like dealing with or when there's nothing to do after loss, like Wintermaul One. All I can really say here is that I promise to work on my staying in games (mostly in games such as Hellhalt TD or Legion TD).

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby FalenGa » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am

@SkeletonJester
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 400096.w3g

Looks like you kept sending alone, which is against our rules, and then left. You said a total of 0 words in that game.

Any particular reason for all that? Have you familiarised yourself with our rules?

SkeletonJester
Basic Tree

Postby SkeletonJester » Wed May 24, 2017 1:28 pm

I solo sent once* to which I was not aware was explicitly against the rules given it's never been an issue before, afterwhich I ended up needing to leave due to irl circumstances that didn't leave me much time to let the players know. I have familiarized myself with the rules at any rate, and understand them.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 am

@SkeletonJester
Could you copy the rules you broke from our wiki, and then paste them here?

I would also appreciate some kind of assurance that you won't repeat the above.

SkeletonJester
Basic Tree

Postby SkeletonJester » Thu May 25, 2017 7:27 pm

General Rules
Do not leave before the game has certainly ended, especially if no other player has left.

LTD Rules
Refusing to cooperate when asked to do so several times by sending alone and not save-send with teammates to win.

As far as assurance goes, now that I've seen the specific rules, I can promise that I will follow them to the full extent by which they apply in any given game, including stay time and cooperation. There truly wasn't any intent to be uncooperative with the players.

I do have a question though, in the context of solo games like Wintermaul One, or survival games, is it really necessary to stay through the whole game once I've lost?

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Thu May 25, 2017 8:36 pm

@SkeletonJester

Well, in solo games leaving doesn't really affect the game, and you are allowed to leave once you've lost.

However, the bot still counts it as an early leave, and adds it into the calculation by default.

One simple fix for that is to have 2 accounts. One account for solo games, and one for team games. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your cooperation. Appeal approved.

Return to “Processed Appeals”