unban pls (unfair ban)(attempt #2) beerlord abuse

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

r3515t_
Armored Tree

unban pls (unfair ban)(attempt #2) beerlord abuse

Postby r3515t_ » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Your Warcraft III username: sd.em
Realm/Gateway: useast
Why are you banned: unfair ban by beerlord
Why you should be unbanned: unfair ban

***Important***
Please don't let beerlord decide on this appeal. He has already denied by first appeal, claiming that I am upset and don't use clear enough logic, but I don't think he even read anything. He's the one who is upset and abusing his priveleges on ENT.

He said, "Feel free to reappeal when you have calmed down, and when you have refreshed yourself with respect to ENT rules defining when a game is actually over"

I am calm, and I have looked at the rules located here: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules and http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... :DotARules

An the only reference I found was, "Do not leave before the game has certainly ended, especially if no other player has left."

I can tell you after mid rax the game was certainly over because our tank was dead and we had no chance to stop the enemy team.

"and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it"

I was not refusing to play to ruin the game, and only went to fountain after the game was certainly over (mid rax pushed and no other option left except to feed the enemy), and ruined by bara refusing to play and feeding.

What rule was he referring to? Not even a reference provided!

Previous ban appeal: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113304
Replay: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9530854
***Important***

Ban time: 30:05
I was at fountain for only < 2 min

I was not refusing to defend, was active and present at every major battle, and placed over 8 wards in the game. I only went to fountain after mid rax was pushed, and bara continued to refuse defending and fed instead! Instead of kicking bara, this bad admin beerlord didn't kick bara on time, and as a result he also ruined the game despite his in-game privileges (as I will show below):

So bara dies around 20 min, and gets mad. He goes to jungle and starts afk farming creeps and doesn't help the team in a crucial battle mid. (At this point he should have been kicked by beerlord). I noticed this and called him out:

(23:48 / Allied) sd.em: bara is throwing
(24:06 / Allied) kukki23: i dont charge in... no help!!!!
(24:08 / Allied) Dueliant: b
(24:12 / Allied) sd.em: u dont time it right
(24:17 / Allied) UrMomLuvsAnal: b
(24:27 / Allied) sd.em: bara wont charge at all
(24:29 / Allied) sd.em: can we kick?
(24:31 / Allied) sd.em: we can use him better
(24:32 / Allied) stAhrz: yes

And then bara refuses all together and basically let's them push mid uncontested. Although the rest of the team was out of position. Still, beerlord didn't kick him. Instead he says,

(24:34 / Allied) BeerLord: stop ur crying and play bara

Then bara decides to just charge in and die.

After, they went top, bara still wouldn't charge until I said;

(28:30 / All) sd.em: team just gave up i guess (referring to bara's lack of support and everyone out of position)
(28:34 / All) sd.em: bara refuse
(28:44 / All) kukki23: refuse what???????????????????

And beerlord says,
(28:47 / Allied) BeerLord: play or ban

At which point bara charges in and dies again.

My hero is paper thin, they had warlock (heavy pusher) and weaver could have killed me very easily, so w/o proper charge or a tank (beerlord fed them while defending mid and couldn't tank when they pushed top) I did not want to feed. The game was over when beerlord died defending mid rax @28:00 (where bara was clearly refusing to help him, unlike me where I stopped tiny @28:11) and as a result we had no tank to stop warlock top. The game was over because there was nothing we could do to stop the enemy team. After bara dies again top, beerlord gets angry, after dying again (ends game 1/6), and bans both us.

I do not think this was a fair ban and posted by an "admin" with little knowledge or skill in the game. He has bad judgement, doesn't use his in-game privileges to help players play a fair game and unfairly bans people out of anger. What's the point of in-game priveleges if you cant even use them to stop a clear game ruiner (bara) and instead do a useless anger ban at the end?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: unban pls (unfair ban)(attempt #2) beerlord abuse

Postby Merex » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:45 pm

Refusing to defend is as the same as refusing to play, the rule can be found here;
http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
Do not ruin the game on purpose:

Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer.

If you've to tell me that's not what you broke, then you're definitely not matching up with what happened in-game.

Moving forward, you had every opportunity to defend the top rax but instead you watched as ES/Bara died. Even you said that you needed a charge and he gave one. After that, while they were throning, dk and slark went out to defend and you just watched. You cannot pin your own actions on someone elses doing. If I hear about anything related to bara, then this is denied as-well and there will be no appeal. This is not about him, it's about you.

Your hero also isn't paper thin, in-fact with your support I'm sure you guys could've had somewhat of a fighting chance, better than the alternative. You also had bloodstone which increased health/mana and what not. So tell me, do you still wanna stick by your story?

Lastly,
I do not think this was a fair ban and posted by an "admin" with little knowledge or skill in the game. He has bad judgement, doesn't use his in-game privileges to help players play a fair game and unfairly bans people out of anger. What's the point of in-game priveleges if you cant even use them to stop a clear game ruiner (bara) and instead do a useless anger ban at the end?

Skill has nothing to do with being a moderator. I started reviewing dota before I even played it and my judgement was clear and on track. Beerlord, being someone who plays dota regularly has plenty of knowledge in the field and in this case, used the fair warning and actions appropriately. Also, bara got banned as-well.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Postby r3515t_ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:00 am

Moving forward, you had every opportunity to defend the top rax but instead you watched as ES/Bara died. Even you said that you needed a charge and he gave one. After that, while they were throning, dk and slark went out to defend and you just watched. You cannot pin your own actions on someone elses doing. If I hear about anything related to bara, then this is denied as-well and there will be no appeal. This is not about him, it's about you.

I did not defend because we did not have a tank and bara was refusing to charge for a long time. It was 3v5 at that battle, and basically only slark was defending / trying to get kills. But he is not a tank and none of our heroes could stop their combo. I did not refuse to defend, I refused to feed weaver who would have certainly killed me in 3 shots. My point is that at that point, the game was over because mid rax had been pushed, and warlock just ulted top.

So tell me, do you still wanna stick by your story?

It's clear from this lack of tact you are bias in your assessment. I am not telling you a story, but what happened in my prespcetive. And why I decided not to feed the enemy team - further ruining the game. I could have gotten any number of items, but I am not an expert with this hero. I am just learning, so there is no point in claiming tidbits about my gameplay.

It was obvious that there was no defense against their team with the sequence of events that unfolded, first of being bara afk farming, and raging. His raging was clear to the whole team and self-admitted, and anyone without a bias view can see that. Now, shortly before / after every other engagement bara just charged at the wrong time, wrong hero, etc, and usually slark declined to help and bara just melted away.

If I were to go with bara and slark in this battle that you are referencing as my "refusal to defend" I would just end up dying very quickly because no one could tank the dmg. The best I could do would be to risk doing minimal dmg and most likely feeding.

Skill has nothing to do with being a moderator. I started reviewing dota before I even played it and my judgement was clear and on track. Beerlord, being someone who plays dota regularly has plenty of knowledge in the field and in this case, used the fair warning and actions appropriately. Also, bara got banned as-well.

It seems you have been offended once again, and that was not my statement (ie opposite of "Skill has nothing to do with being a moderator"). I did not say every moderator has to be a skillful player, what I was talking about was judgement in-game and that comes from recognizing that you should not run in to an enemy of 5 with no support (or even a full team) and feed, as beerlord did when defending mid. He could have seen that I was helping to defend mid, but bara was just feeding (may be even on purpose) b/c he was admittedly upset. Whereas I made every effort to win the game, including not feeding at the top rax defense. So for me to get a ban is completely senseless and unjust.

I am not saying I am a great player, but that beerlord should have kicked a clear game ruiner to help us have a fair game. Instead, he did not act promptly, and seems to have responded out of anger.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:09 am

Your ban is legitimate and you're trying to fuel the argument. I will not sit here and go back and forth with you. When you play dota, you play with your team and when your rax is being pushed, you defend it. I saw every hero in your team defend at least once, besides you. ES and Bara on top rax, dk and slark with the throne. I saw you sitting fountain.

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Postby r3515t_ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:14 am

I just replied to your statements with my observations, you are the one who was quoting me. You still haven't told me how going to "defend top rax" would have led to anything other then me feeding? The reason I gave you was to show I was not breaking the rule, "and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it" because I was attempting to "not ruin it further by more feeding".

Also, are you saying that my actions ruined the game? That somehow by not defending top rax after mid raxed was pushed the outcome of the game would be different? I think not. The same is not true for bara.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:25 am

How can you feed yourself if you had tanks going into battle? Every other team mate was melee... Nearly every one of your skills especially ulti could've helped and yet you sat fountain. You were told to play or be banned (as warning) and ignored it. The point of defending especially if you have melees is to support your team. You were not supporting your team.

Do you realize what you've done is wrong? If you're put in the same situation, will you support your team next time?

r3515t_
Armored Tree

Postby r3515t_ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:40 am

It's not "feeding" myself, but feeding the enemy team that I was referring to (ie by me dying and making them stronger for no reason)

How can you claim I was not supporting the team when in every other battle I was? It seems just plain misleading, and very dismissive. If I had even gone close to weaver in the top rax battle he would immediately rush me and since he had linkens I had no escape, which would lead to me just feeding. I agree I could have done minimal damage before dying, but the battle outcome would not have changed, and my actions were not to game ruin.

Of course I will support the team next time, as I did the whole time except in this particular battle.

However, I can make an effort to be closer in a battle like this. I was sincerely trying to help my team the most by not feeding, and I never try to ruin a game.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:31 am

Your appeal is very defensive to me. I don't grasp a sense that you actually are appealing a ban. I've tried on multiple accounts to attempt and explain what exactly it is you've done wrong and I guess the best answer I'll get out of you is above. I don't appreciate this and your reasoning as in "refusing to feed the enemies" is vague to me since you had an all melee team aside from yourself, one of them being Earthshaker and the other being Barathrum along with a slark and a dragon knight. You had the stuns and the melee support to do what's necessary and instead you sat fountain.

While you may play your role prior to these, it's moments in these types of games where team battles matter the most, since you are defending your base after all, and you blatantly refused to do so. That being said, taken into account everything said here, I'm going to leave the ban as is and recommend you read up on the rules and reflect on your actions. I know you didn't quite find the rule you violated in this appeal, so I'd take this time to look over them again, get a better understanding.

Return to “Processed Appeals”