Four20 Unban Please

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Pandafury89
Basic Tree

Four20 Unban Please

Postby Pandafury89 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Four20
Realm/Gateway: us.east
Why are you banned: Failure to votekick
Why you should be unbanned: I play alot of DoTA Games on ENT servers. Most of my games I have people that are throwing/not caring to play the game and when we votekick the opposing team never !yes the vote. I feel I was banned unfairly and should not have to wait this ban out. I would really appreciate getting another chance to play seeing I play so many games here on ENT I could care less to play on other hosts. Next time I will votekick and vote but I surely hope not be banned for "votekicking a player unfairly" which has been an issue in the past. I would also hate for my brother not to be able to play on ENT hosts because he has been playing on ENT for the longest. Please consider this, thank you.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Re: Four20 Unban Please

Postby Rain- » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:28 pm

@pandafury89
Hi , first of all if you are saying i banned you unfairly
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=114141&p=447459&hilit=four20#p447459
take a look at replay i mean you were in the game but thier tb had no items at all, died straight by walking several times in which you killed him few times as well. Sentinel players all explained the situation + everyone else in your team voted except you and you faked !yes by putting a space in the front. This is clearly violation of ent rules

Pandafury89
Basic Tree

Postby Pandafury89 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:31 pm

I did not mean to put a space. I promise that was a mistake. I am hesitant to !yes votes because in the past players have been banned for voting yes and it be a bad decision of a vote. Please forgive me, it will not happen again.

Pandafury89
Basic Tree

Postby Pandafury89 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 pm

I am not judging your ban specifically, I am just speaking of past history. I have some friends that got banned for voting yes to a careless player, but that player posted requests and it fell into his hands.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 pm

That is what you must pay attention as player. Sometimes the game ruin is obvious but sometimes people can just start votekick because they do not like someone or something they did. But in the game you were in it was clearly a ruiner do you understand that? Once votekick starts you need to see if the person is actually ruining/ not helping thier team at all in future.

I will need you to:
Please link us the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in,
highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated. You can find them on our wiki.
That way, we can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking us to the rules, we expect you to have read them. Cooperating with us will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Pandafury89
Basic Tree

Postby Pandafury89 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Votekick Rules
For flaming/verbal conflicts, use bot command, !ignore <name>, and/or bnet command, /squelch <name> , instead. Squelching will also block whispers.
Do not spam or randomly start !votekicks, do not !votekick to avoid being kicked, and do not !votekick without proper reasons. Votekicks are ban-able even if they are not passed since negative intentions can still be assessed and misusing it can lead others to misuse it. Kicks and bans are enforced based on how severe the rule has been violated. ENT keeps the right to enforce punishments as warning.
Do not abuse !votekick: its only purpose is to kick game ruinners who violate ENT's rules and negatively impact the game for either or both teams in the game.
You are obligated to !votekick any player that has broken any of ENT's rules. If someone or several indicate that a particular player is game ruining, you, as a player in the game, are obligated to question/check about the situation/claim.
If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes.
It is possible to game ruin by being new. In this case, votekick will only be valid if the new player refuses to learn and cooperate. Just because someone is a newbie or bad does not mean he is intentionally game ruinning.
Maphack can only be confirmed once the replay is reviewed after a game. Therefore, it is invalid to initiate a votekick on someone solely due to suspicions.
When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.
You are free to refuse to votekick someone when there is lack of evidence/visible rule violation. However, communicate your decision via all chat, too.
If you are unsure that someone on the opposite team is game ruinning, ask the other team for clarification via all chat.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 am

I will unban you this time since you considered half length of your ban already. Do remember you have another ongoing ban request so if any other admin/myself who reviews think that was failure to vk it could result again in ban.

Return to “Processed Appeals”