rangeban elohoar

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

wasted
Resource Storage

rangeban elohoar

Postby wasted » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 am

Your Warcraft III username: elohoar
Realm/Gateway: west
Why are you banned: rangeban (dodged a ban)
Why you should be unbanned: can you please unban me i haven't tried to play on any other ip and i have definitely learnt my lesson and wont ever do it again after playing on bk server i have come to appreciate the ent server and dont want to screw it up again.
to wasted

DOTA_TRASHCANS
Treant

Re: rangeban elohoar

Postby DOTA_TRASHCANS » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm

how long did you serve your ban?
These users thanked the author DOTA_TRASHCANS for the post:
wasted (Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:07 am)
<3 Trashcans

wasted
Resource Storage

Postby wasted » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:00 pm

It was only a 12 hour ban to begin with its been 6 weeks now and 4 weeks since I last played on ent server
to wasted

DOTA_TRASHCANS
Treant

Postby DOTA_TRASHCANS » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:33 am

wasted wrote:It was only a 12 hour ban to begin with its been 6 weeks now and 4 weeks since I last played on ent server

seems sincere to me, best of luck
<3 Trashcans

wasted
Resource Storage

Postby wasted » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm

And this is why I didn't post a request for elohoar to be unbanned in the first place, look how long it takes for admin to respond. but they pretty quick to range ban me for a whole year for a accidental find. I actually didn't break any rules in the game that was submitted and I haven't hurt nobody and the game I dropped out of was drawed.
to wasted

thinu
Treant

Postby thinu » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:04 pm

You were asked to appeal in one month on 4th Sep. It is Sep 23rd, and you are here complaining about response time?
---
No One Is Perfect...

wasted
Resource Storage

Postby wasted » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 am

1 week feels like a month I have 3 kids and no social life. My whole point is with an average response of 18 hours there is no point appealing a 12 hour ban. And I mean why a month is that just what the admin felt like saying on the day or what? Lack of response times why I didn't bother appealing in the first place and this is just proof.
to wasted

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:07 am

So you really wanna blame the moderators/ENT when you broke the rules in the first place...?

Dodging is one of the most serious offenses (next to Maphack), therefore having one of the longer ban durations - Someone who ruins a game (whether they teamkill, sell all towers, block, etc.) is a player that requires banning, but once you decide to dodge your ban (whatever it is), it means you have no respect for the rules, meaning worse rule violations can occur, and that is why dodging is considered a serious offense/rule violation

In your first appeal -> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=115742 You came up with a story about elohoar and another guy getting themselves banned (while keeping yourself out of the story, pretending you were innocent)

Then you came on the 2nd appeal with a different story - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=116353 which sounded fishy/suspicious to the moderator investigating your case.

Even now in this appeal, you continue to try "excusing" yourself (And this is why I didn't post a request for elohoar to be unbanned in the first place, look how long it takes for admin to respond. but they pretty quick to range ban me for a whole year for a accidental find.) - really? So you'd rather dodge a 12h ban, which can lead to a 1year ban (standard duration for dodging), instead of taking the time to appeal it (or wait for it to expire)?

Anyways, don't forget they are all volunteers, meaning the time/work you see invested in here is something they volunteered for, they don't get paid or receive anything (besides headaches and meeting some pain's in the ass meanwhile - not talking about you, but in general :p), and yes, dodging standard duration is 1 year (reduced upon appeal, if you can acknowledge your mistakes, and compromise during your appeal - I'm pretty sure if you told the truth right from the start, you would have been unbanned by now, most likely)

Hutzu
Protector of Nature

Postby Hutzu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 am

wasted wrote:And this is why I didn't post a request for elohoar to be unbanned in the first place, look how long it takes for admin to respond. but they pretty quick to range ban me for a whole year for a accidental find. I actually didn't break any rules in the game that was submitted and I haven't hurt nobody and the game I dropped out of was drawed.

Yeah, "the game you dropped out". That was an intentional leave because you had an argument with one of the players in lobby.

wasted wrote:1 week feels like a month I have 3 kids and no social life. My whole point is with an average response of 18 hours there is no point appealing a 12 hour ban. And I mean why a month is that just what the admin felt like saying on the day or what? Lack of response times why I didn't bother appealing in the first place and this is just proof.

Someone with 3 kids should have a better understanding of responsibility one would hope. We offer services for free (hosting), by playing on our servers you agree to our rules. If you cannot take responsibility for your actions by appealing the ban and go ahead and act by your own rules, then don't be surprised about your ban. You knew exactly what you did was wrong. You leave on purpose (that's against the rules), reset your router for new IP and change your account and join next lobby (that's dodging). Then you get rangebanned. And what do you do then? Instead of appealing you dodge on your mobile-connection IP. Then finally you appeal when we rangebanned that too, yet you still cannot take responsibility and come up with a totally ridiculous story about a net cafe. We can do a little math here and see what time it was in New Zealand when the game took place. A net cafe being open past midnight around 1am is somehow hard to believe for a small town in New Zealand.

TL;DR
You say you learnt your lesson. Your actions in here show the opposite. Use the other 2 weeks (minimum).
In the other 2 appeals you got an answer within 3 to 6 hours from me and you didn't appeal before, so don't use response-time for your so-called justification. This time I saw your appeal again within that time-range, but didn't get to it due to a loss of a family member and mourning.

Return to “Processed Appeals”