Impersonation ban?

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Impersonation ban?

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 am

Your Warcraft III username: .I.
Realm/Gateway: @useast
Why are you banned: bot impersonation
Why you should be unbanned: i didnt know this was bannable i thought it was a joke but im sorry

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Re: Impersonation ban?

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 am

Did not realize this was an actual ban but here is the rule.

Do not impersonate any Enterprise Gaming authority (be it a staff member or our bot).

Arcanium
Treant Protector

Postby Arcanium » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 am

You tricked people into thinking the game was recorded as a draw so they leave and you take a win + elo.

This is bannable for obvious reasons, and what you did can't be taken lightly. What do you have to say about this?
"Being an asshole is always fun" -Haunt 2k17

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:43 pm

I didnt know we took the win and elo honestly. i just wanted to play with my friend that got disconnected at the beginning of the game because i know once there is less than 4 players on either team you can leave without getting leaver ban. Sorry i did this will not happen again. @arcanium

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Postby AmnoN » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:07 pm

@me_leva_nager So please help me understand this. You broke a rule to try and circumvent another rule? Your previous bans and appeals show that you should a) know the rules by now; b) you have a history of auto-bans and appeals related to leaving so you should know better regarding these rules - in fact, you know enough to know how to circumvent the rules around leaving.

Please explain why we would consider unbanning you given your history?

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm

I honestly have not ever read the impersonation bot rule ever so i didnt know about that one. The majority of my auto-bans have been either disconnect from internet due to electricity being cut out or i have a short period where i would join a game and takes forever to join go do something real quick and i come back its already been 5min and i got kicked for being afk over 5min. I have stopped the afk before game starts now. I'm not a bad person i like playing the game with my friends and yes the majority of the players piss me off due to lack of skill and/or deliberate throwing but im not trying to win/lose/throw games based on cheating the player or the system. I understand what i did was wrong and didnt realize it would be such a serious offense because my intentions were not to get the easy elo/win.

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Arcanium
Treant Protector

Postby Arcanium » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:19 pm

So you now know all of the rules and will hopefully never break them again. Of course we don't expect you to be perfect, because no one is, but we should hopefully expect not to see another appeal for not knowing the rules.

That being said, I will leave this for Unitil to judge what has been discussed and adjust your ban accordingly, as he was the one who banned you.

@unitil Fyi
"Being an asshole is always fun" -Haunt 2k17

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Ok @arcanium thank you appreciate the kindness i will not have another appeal for not knowing the rules or being disrespectful.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 am

Hi @me_leva_nager

me_leva_nager wrote:Did you really just ban me for bot impersonation and you wernt even in the game?

First, to answer this question you sent via PM shortly after you created your appeal, it does not matter that I was not in the game for a ban to occur. I encountered your violation of our rules as I am the one having to use my time unbanning someone for leaving a game due to a faked draw message. Impersonation of a ENT Gaming bot is a major offense that starts with a basic ban duration plus additional days added on per user affected. This is why your ban came out to 7 days.

I believe you now understand why you were banned, and considering you've already posted the rule, unbanned.
Do note, further violations of this rule will result in a less likelyhood of being unbanned, and the duration will be increased.

Enjoy your games.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”