Banned for 3 days due to failing to defend/AFK

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

xSAINTx1
Treant

Banned for 3 days due to failing to defend/AFK

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:10 am

Your Warcraft III username: xSAINTx
Realm/Gateway: useast.battle.net
Why are you banned: afk/failure to def tid 125728 (other)
Why you should be unbanned: I don't recall a game where I was AFK and/or failed to defend. Let me please emphasize, I always defend the base even in certain defeat, because I know that all it takes is one fight to turn the game around. If i was afk, it was by mistake and I sincerely apologize. I am on spring break starting today, and I will not be able to play in the next few days, as I am a university student, and must catch up on my studies. If someone could please unban me for a few days, I would greatly appreciate it. Like i mentioned, I only have a few days to relax, and I would like to play some DotA while I am able. Thanks for your consideration.

-Saint

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Re: Banned for 3 days due to failing to defend/AFK

Postby Kappa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 am

Here is the ban request and game that you were banned for.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=125728
http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 518812.w3g

Having reviewed the replay myself, I find it hard to believe you did not realize that your actions were harmful to the team near the end of the game considering you chose arguably the hardest hero in the game to play and micro'ed reasonably well. It appears to me that you refused to fight after losing barracks middle lane and the rest of the team was defending.

While I empathize with you, I'm not certain the reasons you provided warrant a ban appeal. Perhaps if you go to the Dota rules on wiki.entgaming and copy and paste the rules you believe you violated with the link to the page a mod will factor in your apology and reduce your ban decision. Sorry I couldn't be more help to you here.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:12 am

@xsaintx1 you are a good player with an exemplary record with respect to bans. If you can copy and paste the rules pertaining to your ban as asked for above, and reassure me that you will take care not to repeat said mistake in future, I will unban you.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Rules obtained via: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules

The rules I may have violated with explanation are as follows:

1.) Do not flame, rage, troll, or insult other players excessively.

2.) Do not ruin the game on purpose: Do not go away from keyboard for an excessive amount of time, especially without telling other players beforehand, and/or refuse to play the game in an attempt to ruin it. Neither are you allowed to grief by resetting the afk timer.

These are the two rules I may have violated during the game that was posted for submission. I understand now that what i did towards the latter half of the game was wrong. Initially, I went into the game thinking it would not be difficult, as the team's picks would be easily countered (ie. net on qop) if I chose meepo and became farmed and leveled quickly. Things turned for the worst, as the opponent mid-laner was quite skilled and outplayed me on multiple occasions. Later on, if it was via wards or great game sense, the qop player and axe roamed into the scourge jungle and stole my 3x stacked camp, which really damaged me mentally for the remainder of the game. Now, I essentially fed the enemy mid lane, I became under-leveled, and they became farmed by stealing essentially a 800 gold and xp stack, which I would have heavily benefited from, by being so far behind. In doing so, I became aggressive and potentially toxic towards my teammates and most likely flamed them in order to relieve my sense of failure in costing us a high ELO game. As the game progressed, I did not mean to dodge fights or not defend barracks', I was simply teleporting to other lanes to obtain more farm quickly (as meepo with BOTs is quick good for flash farming and pushing waves) with the intention of obtaining a game changing item that could maybe turn the tide of the game. The game continued to go on, and my situation only became worse and worse, as I had no where to farm, my woods were either warded, or a lothar legion comander/axe was roaming our woods, and the lanes were all pushed. This was the worst game I had played in months, and it did not help that my team, and even monkeyrush were flaming me for my failure. In doing so, I did in fact go the fountain prematurely and call gg/!ff because I wanted the nightmare to end. This is not ordinarily the case for me, and for others to accuse me of game ruining is simply not the case. I am proud to say I have achieved an ELO above 1700 by almost exclusively playing solo queue, and to me, losing hurts more than the feeling of winning every game. I would truly appreciate if you could unban me at least temporarily for a day or two, then you can week ban me again, as this is the only week I will have spring break. Thank you for taking the time to review my appeal in a haste manner.

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:38 pm

quick addendum:

I forgot to mention in the post I just submitted. I would like apologize if I did ruin the chance of success for my team, and will work on my temperament even in the face of certain defeat. Additionally, I will not go afk or fail to defend barracks without letting my team know in advance or without coming to a joint decision on calling fast forfeit or good game. Thank you again.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:13 pm

unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”