Ban Appeal Alt Tab ; wc3 crashed

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

chuckwunder
Basic Tree

Ban Appeal Alt Tab ; wc3 crashed

Postby chuckwunder » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:37 am

Your Warcraft III username: chuckwunder
Realm/Gateway: UsWest
Why are you banned: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10535531
Why you should be unbanned: I was disconnected by alt-tab wc3 crash during loading screen. I reviewed w3g download and it says I left before start of game. I hope I may be considered for unban, I have never left a game before. Thank you, chuckwunder.

chuckwunder
Basic Tree

Re: Ban Appeal Alt Tab ; wc3 crashed

Postby chuckwunder » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:56 pm

I am very impressed ENT staff/moderators have processed over 48,561 ban appeals since 2012-- in my situation, it doesn't appear the ban will be lifted, so I would like to ask what I may do if this occurs again in the future.

If the game force closes during loading screen (before in-game loading), what should I do? Autobanex processed the ban before I re-launched wc3. There is no way to re-join if game .exe crashes. The w3g dl log shows "QUIT". This is different from a disconnect/latency issue fix with gproxy. There was nothing I could do and this was unrelated to striffing, grieffing, tk, or related; I wanted to play that game (10535531) and still want to play LTD.

I get it, my ban is up tomorrow, but I wish my history would mean something. I left one game as 80bsaget@us.west when i was brand new player to ENT and fresh n00b to LTD. Since, I have never since left a game intentionally, dropped, or been !votekicked and I always !draw for opposing teams with dc/leavers. I also am new to the forums and community, read and understood the rules, and offer them to people in game that are not familiar. On the other hand, I sympathize that there is no was to differentiate a malicious leaver to what occurred with me.

Is there any suggestions a moderator can offer to me? Even if its a "Chill dude, 2 day ban. You'll be fine" response.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Ban Appeal Alt Tab ; wc3 crashed

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:58 pm

If it's a short ban moderators may not get to see the appeal in time to unban. We are understaffed atm and if you are interested in helping you can have a look at the requirements here: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... g:StaffApp. We do it in our spare time for free.

Disconnecting during loading screen/just as the lobby countdown is about to end still puts you in the game and registers as a leave which automatically bans. It's necessary to stop malicious leavers and that's what the appeal process is for. And since you have good stay percentage the ban will not be longer than a couple of days.

Anyway, unbanned you.

Return to “Processed Appeals”