unban request

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

PROUDPENGUiN
Basic Tree

unban request

Postby PROUDPENGUiN » Tue May 22, 2018 5:30 am

Your Warcraft III username: DONTSTOPNOW
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: glitch exploit tid
Why you should be unbanned: i have no idea what kind of glitch i exploited. also, it is worth mentioning, that it says PROUD.PENGUiN, havent used that acc in about a week. please clarify.

Zeratul

Re: unban request

Postby Zeratul » Tue May 22, 2018 5:45 am

@PROUDPENGUiN This is the link to the ban request: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=128102 (You were banned for using urn, combined with napalm on batrider, which is bugged - deals more damage than intended, due to the fact napalm increases the urn damage, and therefore it's not allowed: You can use it to heal yourself/allies, but using it on enemies, combined with napalm, is forbidden/bannable)

The moderators will also ask you the following:

[*]Please link the general rules and the game specific rules of the game(s) you got banned in, and highlight the specific rule(s) you believe you violated.
You can find them on the Wiki.

That way, ENT Moderators can ensure another rule-violation by you, caused by not-knowing the rules, will not happen again. After linking to the rules, they will expect you to have read them. Cooperating with them will have a positive effect on your ban duration.

Thanks in advance

@Beerlord fyi

PROUDPENGUiN
Basic Tree

Postby PROUDPENGUiN » Tue May 22, 2018 5:53 am

regarding the urn use on batrider: i was not aware that its a bug and i very likely ignored everyone in the opposing team, therefor did not react to their exclamations (i have a habit of constantly ignoring the entire enemy team, since allchat rarely, if ever serves a purpose).

and for the maphack accusations, i have no idea how you can say that one fog click is legit while another isnt. seems like thin evidence to me. please reconsider these bans.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue May 22, 2018 5:58 am

PROUDPENGUiN wrote:regarding the urn use on batrider: i was not aware that its a bug and i very likely ignored everyone in the opposing team, therefor did not react to their exclamations (i have a habit of constantly ignoring the entire enemy team, since allchat rarely, if ever serves a purpose).

and for the maphack accusations, i have no idea how you can say that one fog click is legit while another isnt. seems like thin evidence to me. please reconsider these bans.

Well the maphack ban request is an old one (not related to your current ban) - Your current ban is related only to the bat urn glitch that was used

Now that you're aware of it, can the moderators trust that you won't do it again? :)

PS: The rule that you should highlight (besides reading all of them) is this one:

http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules

Code: Select all

Do not purposely glitch or exploit the game.

PROUDPENGUiN
Basic Tree

Postby PROUDPENGUiN » Tue May 22, 2018 6:20 am

i am sorry, but i cant seem to find the rule about urn usage on batrider in the dota specific or general rules (please link it if it does exist). all that i can see is the general rule about not purposely glitching a game. nonetheless i wont use it again, now that i am aware of it. thanks for handling this in a professional and quick manner.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 am

The rule itself is the one you mentioned (Do not purposely glitch or exploit the game) - You can read about the suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=120896 -> Since the urn + napalm is a glitch itself, it wasn't added to the DotA rules, as it is covered by the general one

PROUDPENGUiN
Basic Tree

Postby PROUDPENGUiN » Tue May 22, 2018 6:35 am

thanks. is there a possibility of getting unbanned or reducing the ban then please? didnt mean to harm anyone and am now aware of the ruleset.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue May 22, 2018 6:46 am

Just wait patiently for a moderator's response (i also tagged the moderator who initially banned you, so he will reply as soon as he's available, unless any other moderator beats him to it ^^)

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

@proudpenguin now that you are aware that this is a glitch you are unbanned. Thanks for coming to discuss this.

Return to “Processed Appeals”