Vk abuse accusation

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Vk abuse accusation

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 am

Your Warcraft III username: Crypt-
Realm/Gateway: uswest.battle.net
Why are you banned: Apparently I get a 5 day ban for agreeing to kick nevermore which I never actually typed !yes to? I thought I may have since this game happened on the 12th of May but I re-read the chat log and noticed that I didn't type !yes.
Why you should be unbanned: I've been banned by Beerlord for votekick abuse but didn't actually vote? There must be some confusion here. Even if I did (which I didn't) Surely I can't get a 5 day ban for that?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=128102&p=499456&hilit=crypt#p499456

The post refers to urn abuse but I was playing Bristle. My name wasn't even mentioned once in the post but I'm getting banned. Can someone unban please? I think this ban may have been done by mistake?

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Re: Vk abuse accusation

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 10:40 am

Edit: I do notice that slomosapien mentioned me but should I really get banned for using urn when playing bristle? I bought urn long before and didnt even lane with Bat so my intention wasn't to use it to exploit a glitch

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Tue May 22, 2018 10:41 am

Well you previously had ban from urn glitch and people during game said using urn with sticky palm = bannable and you have used urn on players that had sticky palm on effect that is why you are banned

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 10:47 am

Isn't that a bit petty? I mean it's made out to make it look like I've intentionally spent over 1k gold just to benefit someone else? it didn't even register to me that I had a bat on my team - if you look through my game history of bristle back games you'll notice I almost always get it regardless of who is in my team

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

I completely understand that using bat + urn is an offence, which I've been banned for and acknowledged and haven't done since but can I really be banned for this?

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Tue May 22, 2018 10:52 am

I understand , I personally get urn on a lot of heroes but issue is that you casted urn with bat in team you have to be very careful of using urn . Main reason why I believe beerlord banned you is because you had previous history of urn/ban glitch(knows the glitch) and you still used it. Whether it was intentional or not this is rule breaking. For now I suggest you wait for beerlord to reply here.

Glitch works with other hero casting urn while bat has palm casted so every user has to careful, I do not believe you intentionally used
it but regardless wait for beerlord to reply as he is original handler of the ban.

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks - will do. I do understand I just wish I was able to give my case before I actually get banned. I appreciate the non-bias approach though.

@beerlord what are your thoughts on this?

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue May 22, 2018 3:16 pm

From the ban request:
PROUD.PENGUiN and Crypt- are both banned for 5 days for exploiting bat urn glitch.

This was not a votekick ban. I did however list your previous bans for vk abuse while going through your history. I was concerned that you knowingly used urn to glitch again, since I only saw you use urn on enemy heros at 2610 (on riki, after he had been napalmed) and at 3504 (on nevermore, after he had been napalmed). All other uses were on yourself. There may have been others after the 3504 episode but I stopped watching at that point.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Tue May 22, 2018 3:47 pm

Very well played bristleback by the way. Was fun to watch.

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 am

Thank you sir. I can assure you that I only had good intentions when I used it.

I honestly didn't register that he used napalm and I do apologize that it was used at the wrong time.

Now that you know my POV, would it be possible to get unbanned or would you like me to wait the duration?

@beerlord

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Wed May 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Fair enough, I will accept your explanation for this.
Unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”