Ban Appeal Revanito

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Diamir
Basic Tree

Ban Appeal Revanito

Postby Diamir » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Revanito
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: "Banned 2 days for refusing to cooperate with his team."
Why you should be unbanned: The reason is simply stupid, if you actually watch the replay of this game: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=129394
It is my own decision WHERE I want to build, I decided to build at the place everyone else builds which is very far behind at the wall. Also, as you can see have I been afk after building my tower, which I usually do when I am 1/0 in Lumber. There was no communication beforehand that we are going to send at the first wave, thus I cannot be blamed for simply missing it in the like 10 seconds time which I had and saving up my lumber would be stupid, so I send my units to get some income as well.
Overall, the ban is not justified for not sending at first wave without any communication there. My winrate in Legion TD over all of my arrounds is around 65% over like 30 games, I am for certain a player who cooperates with his team and usually carries them to a win, as you can see by checking my stats.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Re: Ban Appeal Revanito

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:58 am

I would like you to take a moment to read through the first 2 minutes of the chat in the replay you were banned for.

Once you do that, please let me know if you wish to retract any of the above.

@Diamir

Diamir
Basic Tree

Postby Diamir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 am

Nah, it was exactly the way as I discribed above. You can see that I was building my tower when around 50 seconds of the round were left when suddenly complains on the chat popped up because of the position I had build my tower, which I, dispite disagreeing that it's a bad position reacted to and build even more behind = Me cooperating with my team.
After that I tabbed out and didn't saw anything ingame anymore, which I often do when I play warcraft 3 in a chilling game like Legion TD. The whole "Go warrior" stuff was written way later on the chat, it was never seen by me and therefor never got reacted to. Out from my perspective, it is simply the truth that I had no information beforehand that we would be sending any units for the first wave. If you play Legion TD on your own, I can tell you how extremly rare that "cheese-strat" actually is, it is not very commong and simply is completly nothing I expected and something I have never seen a team doing when a player was not able to rush lumber before wave 1.
When I told my friends later that day that I actually got votekick and banned out of a Legion TD game because I was simply afk for half a minute at the first wave for not sending my units, as my team wanted me to do, they were as shocked as myself about what happened and yes, I actually hope that you guys here agree with it. I realized pretty fast that people take Legion TD extremly serious, but ruining a game by votekicking someone out of it for not sending units at the first way is way over the top, especially when it was not even the intention.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 am

a) The phrase "warriors" was repeated 4 times, starting from 0:54.

b) Not seeing what your team was talking about simply because you alt tabbed is 100% your fault. You didn't even alert them, so how do you expect them to know that?

c) If it was just missing the warriors send on 1, i would have given a warning. However, you also solo sent on wave 2. You should have saved your lumber instead, to send more next time.

So, out of the two rounds we have here, you worked on your own in both. That's not very team oriented.

Diamir
Basic Tree

Postby Diamir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 am

A) You are looking at the game-run time, I am talking about the countdown before the wave. In the chat, the very first time the word "warrior" was said by someone was 40 seconds before the wave started.

B) I never said it is not my fault. All I said was that based on my experience so far (playing that map for about a week or two now from time to time) I had zero expectations that we would ever be sending at the first wave while someone was still 1/0 in Lumber.

C) Let me ask you this: If the other players are team-oriented, shouldn't they wait for all the players on the team to agree to the sending? When you communicate through the chat "do we send wave 7 or up king?" etc., you also wait for your teammates to agree. To me, this is compareable to someone suddenly asking 30 seconds before wave 4 starts if we will send. It is simply something that never happens and it for certain is not game-over to wait like the rest to send later. The votekick was completly an over-reaction out from my own perspective, especially considering the enemies only leaked 13 units on the first wave, not making much of a big difference if I would had sent as well...
For you (assuming you are a more experienced player than me) it might be easy to tell me here now what I should had done, that I should had saved my lumber instead instead of increasing my income just like my teammates already did, I simply didn't knew that, I am still pretty new to the game itself.

bagofkittens
Aura Tree

Postby bagofkittens » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 am

With this game being mega you should have been aware that level 1 warriors are a possibility. Your team did everything right in trying to communicate this to you, and the failure was your fault. Being tabbed out is no excuse to lack team play, and certainly no excuse to blatantly solosend when you return.

Diamir
Basic Tree

Postby Diamir » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 am

At least I know now which map I for certain won't play again.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Sending warriors on 1 is the one case where you don't have enough time to plan it correctly. You first have to see if your team pushed, and what their towers are.

Making the call 30-40 seconds before the wave starts means plenty of time to actually send. It's not rare for people to decide even 10 seconds before the wave starts.

Normal LTD consists of 4 teammates. That means if 3 of them agree on a send, the 4th one is pretty much obligated to follow that call. You can always play 1v1 if you don't want the competition that 4v4 brings.

@Diamir

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Ban has expired.

Processing.

@Diamir

Return to “Processed Appeals”