Admin (KAPPA) tk'ed me, then banned me when I retaliated

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

beefbong
Basic Tree

Admin (KAPPA) tk'ed me, then banned me when I retaliated

Postby beefbong » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:19 am

Your Warcraft III username: Beebong2
Realm/Gateway: WEST
Why are you banned: Team killing
Why you should be unbanned:
A devops here with handle KAPPA followed me into a base in Island Defense, then demanded I move after I had already settled there. I ignored him, then he proceeded to kill all of my buildings. Then I rebuilt. He killed my buildings again and I retaliated and was immediately banned.
Last edited by beefbong on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

beefbong
Basic Tree

Re: Admin tk'ed me, then banned me when I retaliated

Postby beefbong » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:21 am

I'm not even going to use that account, but its fucking stupid staff here can BM and still ban other people. This guy is fucking toxic.
Last edited by beefbong on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 am, edited 5 times in total.

beefbong
Basic Tree

Postby beefbong » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:22 am

Admin's name is KAPPA. Here are the game details and other people involved:

Gamename: [ENT] Island Defense #14
Bot name: ENT.60
Duration: 00:17:55
Map: IDProt4.0.1.w3x
Username Realm Ping
SCORPEANrtd USEast 27
chloebennet USEast 42
IceKang USEast 45
Fuggo USEast 19
Qiggy USWest 118
Battle123 USWest 43
SuramarXStealth USEast 9
ArielApostolos USWest 34
Kappa USEast 16
AndreyTB Europe 55

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Admin tk'ed me, then banned me when I retalied

Postby Panopticon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:25 am

Will be checking the replay when it becomes available.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 am

So I was in the game: 1. Kappa built walls taking ownership of the base

2. He asked you to move some of your stuff

3. you were asked to share control.

4. he had to kill your workers and fruits, as well as the shelter in order to complete construction of the base.

5. you were asked to leave

6. You started killing his things, you were kicked, and banned for the standard length of time as a first offense.

7. You're in the appeals section, take it to complaints if you have an issue with Kappa. However, it will most likely be immediately denied.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

beefbong
Basic Tree

Re: Admin (KAPPA) tk'ed me, then banned me when I retaliated

Postby beefbong » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:30 am

If there are rules regarding ownership being established by building walls, then my mistake. But he followed me into the base after I had already built a shelter. I was there first and he killed my buildings/units first. Then he banned me for killing one of his buildings after killing a dozen of mine.

FreeCoco
Resource Storage
Location: :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Postby FreeCoco » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:32 am

Alright, to shed some light on what happened, I was also in this game, and

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:33 am

@beefbong : http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ng:IDRules

I suggest reading over it. Kappa was actually going to let you build inside the area, had you responded and cooperated, he's really not a bad guy and handles lots of appeals for lots of different situations.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

beefbong
Basic Tree

Postby beefbong » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 am

@Yarragon there's nothing regarding ownership being established by building walls. I was there first -- its not his generosity allowing me to build there. He asked me to move to stop blocking him and I moved, but he proceeded to kill my units and buildings, yet I was banned because he has admin rights and I don't.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 am

@beefbong

So I am currently in the game, when it is over I will provide the replay (http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 069940.w3g). Whoever builds in an area first gains ownership of the area. I built walls at the front of the base before you sheltered to be sure I had ownership of it according to the rules. You seemed new to the game so I didn't want to kick you out of the base. I let you build fruits and lumber at the start of the game. Once you had your resources started and I had a full early base completed, I killed 2 workers (that were blocking) and 1 shelter that were in the lumbering area. I told you about this (which was ignored) and asked you to build it somewhere else.

I proceeded to kill 2 of your fruits to put my rc in the proper spot. You immediately started teamkilling the towers in my base. I was going to reason with you but you ignored me and I had to resort to !kick to prevent my base from being killed. At the time I let you lumber in my base, build an rc and fruits while you were Nature builder.

I had a full base. You did not have ownership of it and kept building without asking. Instead of talking to me you teamkilled me.

EDIT: Replay file is bugged because I am on a Mac and the ENT one doesn't capture the beginning of the game. Here is a screenshot of the start where I built in the base first. I completed 2 walls before he built a shelter. Rest of the game can be reviewed with ENT file.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 2.05.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 2.05.40 AM.png (2.93 MiB) Viewed 768 times

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 am

"Miscellaneous rules:
If a player pings a seed and/or a base it does not mean they have the right to have the seed and/or base.
The first unit that has the ability to build (includes any builder/summoner, excludes nature's workers) to the seed and/or base has the rights to it."

The replay just became available, but I do believe he placed the walls before you got the shelter down.
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am

On a sidenote:

Miscellaneous Rules:

The first unit that has the ability to build (includes any builder/summoner, excludes nature's workers) to the seed and/or base has the rights to it.

The rule itself says nothing about being the first to build - Rule says the first unit that has the ability to build to the seed and/or base has the rights to it, so technically if his builder entered the base before you did, he had the rights to it (not you): Mb the rule wasn't meant to be this way, but the way it's currently phrased, that's how it's perceived, and not how you're presenting it.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 am

@Zeratul

That is true. Typically we go by first person to build, or at least I do. We entered the base at the same time and I chose to build walls to assure ownership instead of running deeper and building fruits. I didn't have an issue with him sharing the base since he looked newer to the game. My issue was he teamkilled my towers and kept building without asking me - bannable offenses. The units I killed of his are easily rebuilt - workers, fruits, shelter. I made sure to allow him to get a good start before I killed them.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:19 am

Kappa wrote:@Zeratul

That is true. Typically we go by first person to build, or at least I do.

Not trying to diverge from the main point here, but to consider what he did bannable, is wrong if we consider the fact that the rules are presented differently (meaning that you never had the rights to that base, since he entered with a builder first), that's all :P might be worth re-phrasing it to avoid loops within it

Mb just both apologize to each other, and OP ensures he doens't do it again, move along and be friends again? ^^

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:50 am

Well the issue wasn't us both building in there. I was fine with that since I like teaching people and would rather him be with me than die. The lack of communication and teamkilling my towers in areas where I couldn't remake them was the reason for the ban. I wouldn't be petty enough to !kick and !ban someone for building in my base.

I had a full base established and killed 2 workers, 1 shelter and 2 fruits total. Not "dozens" of units. I attempted to communicate and was ignored for the most part and then teamkilled.

Do not teamkill (ex. blocking, maliciously using spells, destroying/hiding/stealing/massing items, selling towers, etc).

@beefbong

Do you have anything else to say now after seeing the rules and my side of the story?

Return to “Processed Appeals”