Requesting Secondary Review / Moderator

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Yarragon
Treant

Requesting Secondary Review / Moderator

Postby Yarragon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:32 am

Your Warcraft III username: Yarragon / Monrogue / SuramarXStealth (And others)
Realm/Gateway: USEast
Why are you banned: Teamkill : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=131280
Why you should be unbanned:

I am aware that I broke a rule, however Av1on / Merex has been known to allow his emotions towards players he knows get in the way of his judgement (Read: Coco case). While I trust his understanding of the rules and ability to enforce them, I'd like a second moderator such as @haunt to look at this case as well. The infraction had little to no impact on the game state at the time, and I complied with all the other rules of the game according to another players base.

There have been multiple cases such as this denied because they had no impact, and I feel that 3 days is a bit excessive, given my ban history as well as the player e0e0e0e0 / Poe being known to flame, and cause issues.
These users thanked the author Yarragon for the post (total 2):
Panopticon (Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:46 am) • Kishresgalza (Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:33 am)
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Re: Requesting Secondary Review / Moderator

Postby Panopticon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:46 am

When the TK occurred, by watching the replay, Titan was directly north of the jump base with 3 minis, orange being the 4th, and the main being mia. In game, that base was the closest thing to being some form of protection. Not to mention that Titan had a fifth minion a few minutes later, as well as being in close proximity to the base, so there ran a massive risk for yarra to die if he left the base.

Titan proceeded to become mia for the next minute or so, so again paired with the last two deaths at that time, and titan having direct knowledge of that base, it's not hard to assume that titan or a couple of minis were in proximity.

Not to mention that red had refused to assist with him leaving the base, so that partly shifts to his fault since yarra isn't able to actually jump out of said base due to his builder's location. If he really wanted dryad out of his base, he could've summoned two or three workers to take up space around mak's main builder so dryad wouldn't jump further into the base.

Easiest time to do such was around 13:50 (12 minute gp) to 14 minute mark, when titan made his presence known on the other side of map, which of course, poe being the typical player that he is, preventing yarra to even leave the base without tking blocking shelters to leave said base.
Last edited by Panopticon on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:10 am

I've reviewed the replay and determined the ban was appropriate.

Yarragon is playing Dryad and teamkills 1 wall in order to jump into a jump base. He never asks if he can jump in and isn't in immediate danger of dying to Titan. Titan is near but this is a jump base not a standard one and Dryad didn't need to enter to prevent his death imo.

1) Teamkill was only a small part of the 3 day ban duration
2) Jumping into a base that you know you can't get out of (easily) without asking is against the rules and arguably ruined the game for Mak and hence the 3 day duration. A jump base is pretty useless if you can't jump out.

A 3 day ban from Merex seems reasonable here and follows ENT's guidelines. It's not POE's fault that you tk'ed and entered the base without asking (despite him not allowing you to jump out and escalating the situation). You know the rules and how these actions would affect his base.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:16 am

Last point to be made: Minions were directly north of the base, I had just left that area, I was in some danger as I had no idea where the main was and have boxed players in that way myself.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 am

Couple of things to start off -

*This whole "Coco" nonsense needs to stop. When you address yourself in an appeal to an ENT gaming ban, I expect you to take it seriously. But in your very first sentence + your "remark" to me, doesn't convince me of such.
*Do not tag specific moderators when requesting a secondary review. Every mod on ENT is capable of reviewing every game genre.

That being said, I'm not convinced that this appeal is taken seriously, therefor denied and to be attempted again tomorrow evening where we will proceed, if that's your choice. If you come back into this appeal section and make the same trollish remarks, not only will that be denied but you'll receive a forum warning. This isn't your first time doing such.

If you'd like my own insight on the ban, I will list it below.

The ban was only partially for teamkill. While I understand some of the points made here regarding survival, this doesn't excuse your actions/how you conducted this situation. In your first impulse, you teamkilled and jumped yourself into a base which you knew was traditionally meant for an orc-style builder (jump-base). The owner of the base asked you to leave and tried to communicate as to why you teamkilled and your only responses were "Jump me out" "Jump me out" "Just came to say hello".

Your intention to me, while also knowing you have a background of both teamkilling/trolling, convinced me that you were there to disrupt the gameplay of Makrura and therefor make it difficult/potentially ruin such. The player wanted you out and you weren't making any real progress to do such + no apologize were issued, you were making trollish remarks and using emojis as intimidation. I don't expect this kind of behavior from a regular player of Island Defense whom knowingly did such actions and made little to no attempt at properly communicating with the owner.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Return to “Processed Appeals”