Re: Ban Appeal for SoundFX not banned please help

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

SoundFX
Resource Storage

Postby SoundFX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:10 am

Your Warcraft III username: SoundFX
Realm/Gateway: @USEAST
Why are you banned: Not Banned
Why you should be unbanned: Not Banned. Hi can I please have a word with a admin or staff member so we can have a open conversation as to why my username cannot be white listed. preferably not the person that said expired on an earlier appeal i did. I am not banned lets clarify this right now. The user breakinfree that uses the same ip as I do was so lets get that cleared out the way we are two different people please do not say that you are banned on another account that you use as i am not that user he is another human being and it is stated in another post that he has played in many of my games at the same time that I have played that would clarify that is another person. hope to hear from a reasonable person unlike what i am hearing from other appeals that i have been reading up on.

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:52 am

As stated on your prior appeal, it didn't appear as if the username you provided was banned. You're not going to have much technical help here, if you're no longer able to see a ban on your account and currently able to join a game.

If you have concerns that's fine and you're more than welcome to speak to an admin about it, but if you want a fast response I would message Unitil on discord, or post said concerns either in the complaint section (for serious matters), or the technical support section for help with things like GProxy, stats, and possibly the white-list?

As nothing was showing for the username provided and I am unable to see the same things an admin can (prior games played under your IP, ect) I can't do much more than point you in those directions. I'm not totally sure if they will put an account on the white-list if you're no longer caught in the rangeban.

Edit: Also note, I only mentioned the whitelist on your prior post because if that WAS the case as an admin saw, it would speed up the process for you significantly. If it wasn't the case, then there was no need for it.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

SoundFX
Resource Storage

Re: Re: Ban Appeal for SoundFX not banned please help

Postby SoundFX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:59 am

This doesnt make any since I played at work and I was like yay i'm not banned but then all of a sudden I cant connect to any games or even use the local games system they have set up. I don't have a any antivirus software running. the response I got from Slomosapien viewtopic.php?f=25&t=133009&p=515472&hilit=soundfx#p515472 is not appropriate or for that matter or logical I lolled when I saw it. just looking for help but your right I will join the discord in search of some type of support. side not I only have one account called SoundFX "Please check your facts"

Panopticon
Treant Protector

Postby Panopticon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:06 am

That username (breakinfree) doesn't seem to be banned. Anyways, Shared IP usually means Shared Responsibility.

As for getting your name whitelisted: As far as I know, that option is only available to those accidentally caught in a range ban and have been vetted/unsuccessfully exhausted all other options. If it's a VPN rangeban, then you need to stop playing on a vpn as they're not allowed, and/or check your antivirus/protection software for vpn use, which again is a nonstandard option for such download/install.

I also suggest you to lose the attitude, since it'll only make the mods close/process this faster than Micheal Vick going to a dogfighting ring.
PSA: Bigtits = Iambackk

tinker_666 = ta-ta

Yarragon
Treant

Postby Yarragon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am

SoundFX wrote:This doesnt make any since I played at work and I was like yay i'm not banned but then all of a sudden I cant connect to any games or even use the local games system they have set up. I don't have a any antivirus software running. the response I got from Slomosapien viewtopic.php?f=25&t=133009&p=515472&hilit=soundfx#p515472 is not appropriate or for that matter or logical I lolled when I saw it. just looking for help but your right I will join the discord in search of some type of support. side not I only have one account called SoundFX "Please check your facts"

I think I found your issue. If you're playing from both work and home, at some point somewhere the VPN was active and it had been banned prior by someone like Unitil or uakf.

Do note it is your responsibility to keep track of whether you are banned or not, and not to accidentally play a game while banned at work or something. (I know you aren't currently, but for the future.) Follow through on what Apoth and I have already said just to make sure your issue is resolved.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

SoundFX
Resource Storage

Postby SoundFX » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 am

wo wo woooooo slow yo role thier lil buddy no need to get heated its kool thank you for your help master i shall bow before you and never disrespect you lol nah but jokes aside please stop accusing me of using vpn or try to ip doge ban or anything else, not trying to ruin any ones day just a casual gamer trying to relieve some stress after work not a big deal if you guys cant help just thought someone could help me here. so this is a unfortunate situation that cannot be resolved I will take it as i'm basically permanent banned/or unable to join ent games due to lack of or there of information on either parties end. please be sure to chime in if I'm wrong as there is always room for improvement as I have learned in my experience.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Hello @SoundFX ,

As noted above, you were caught in a range ban that was meant for someone else.

A range ban is a ban on a specific set of IPs, placed to prevent ban dodgers from further dodging their bans.

That ban was due to expire in a few days, so i removed the part that was affecting you, meaning you should have no further issues.

If that's not the case, please create a new appeal.

Return to “Processed Appeals”