Unban please.

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

xSAINTx1
Treant

Unban please.

Postby xSAINTx1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Your Warcraft III username: ohwellman
Realm/Gateway: entconnect
Why are you banned: linken glitch
Why you should be unbanned: http://wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?tit ... ming:Rules
Do not exploit in-game glitch. I have read the rules, and posted an apology in the brq, but haunt deleted it. I did not know that holding linken for let's say 30-40 mins was bannable, I thought it was only exploiting if you buy and sell upon coming back off CD. I now understand the rules, and would like to continue playing dota later on this evening. It was my first offense with this issue, and I'm not giving a warning? Half of the problem is that I had to find old posts about the restrictions with this rule, and banned 4 days anyways? I dont want to report players for linken abuse, because as I see it, all players can buy and sell linkens eventually if they have the farm to do so. It's all a fair playing field. It was a 4v5, and I was the only hope to win that game. Moving forward, I guess I'll just forfeit at 50 mins, when I have no more room for items that could potentially win the game, but are unable to purchase cuz of a silly glitch (which is not game deciding) and linken taking up a slot. Sorry for flaming and other stuff in the other report.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: Unban please.

Postby Haunt » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:01 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote:I did not know that holding linken for let's say 30-40 mins was bannable, I thought it was only exploiting if you buy and sell upon coming back off CD.
You knew that the item was glitched, why would it matter when you sell it? Be it immediately after you buy it or 6 hours later, it's still going to glitch. You are still going to get unfair advantage. Common sense, people, common sense.

xSAINTx1 wrote:It was my first offense with this issue, and I'm not giving a warning? Half of the problem is that I had to find old posts about the restrictions with this rule, and banned 4 days anyways?
Yes, it was your first offense, however, glitching is a serious offense, and as such we do not just warn people, we ban for it. There is no half a problem, as I said above, it's common sense not to glitch games. No matter when you do it.

xSAINTx1 wrote:I dont want to report players for linken abuse, because as I see it, all players can buy and sell linkens eventually if they have the farm to do so.
I guess it's a good thing you're not making the rules then, huh?

xSAINTx1 wrote:Moving forward, I guess I'll just forfeit at 50 mins, when I have no more room for items that could potentially win the game
Or you could just sell another item? Or plan ahead and think, do I really need linkens ALL game? If the answer is no, probably better to go for something else?

@xSAINTx1

xSAINTx1
Treant

Postby xSAINTx1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:09 pm

well sir, i thought linken would be useful when i purchased it around 40 min mark. As they have 5 players vs our 4. they had zues, furion, and later on a sniper who bought his own hex. To counter potential one target disable spells such as orchid, or hex, i needed linken. Bkb would not work, as if they caught me before i cast bkb, i would be dead, and lose my divine rapiers. It surely makes a difference if i bought and sold within 5 mins, versus having it for the entirety of the game and selling it at the critical moment. I guess it didn't matter right? Also sir, why are you saying im so guilty? literally all players have done and will continue to do this in their games. The problem is, not enough ppl care to report. I will not report, because i know how ez it is to counter.

Think, 85 mins in, furion ulti, zues ulti, sniper mkb, sniper hex, drow mkb, zues lighting bolt, shaker euls or hex etc all break one instance of spell block. It surely will not make or break a game. But all things aside, i realized i fucked up here. I hope some modification to the rule set can be made, so that a linken purchased at minute 15, should be allowed to be sold past 60 min mark, in order to win, an otherwise unwinnable game. Not because the item has such impact, but moreover because having one more item slot for +300 damage, a blink, a 3.5 second break disable in the form of hex, is surely more important then 10+ stats, some regen and 1 spell block. I'm sure you can empathize with me, now that I have proposed my argument. I apologize for "glitching the game". Thank you for your time sir. Moving forward, it won't happen again.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:12 pm

xSAINTx1 wrote:the problem is, not enough ppl care to report.
Saying others have done it is not a defense. If your friend murdered someone and got away with it, would you kill someone too? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Anyway, since this is your first offense and there probably wasn't a malicious intent, I'll unban you this time. Do note though that I don't appreciate the attitude you have towards glitches and our rules. "Glitching" (your words) is against ENT rules and will get you banned, for longer than 4 days, if it happens again.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”