Yologeomancer unbanning plz

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

skarking
Armored Tree

Yologeomancer unbanning plz

Postby skarking » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Your Warcraft III username: Yologeomancer
Realm/Gateway: entconnect
Why are you banned: is juggle banned me... but like i've been reported for a similar case and then they sayed it was not a juggle. But if you see it as slowed game more then it should have i am really sorry. I will not do it egein. And i dont think was 2nd offence becuz i never get banned for it before... It was 1 juggle and was not even on porpuse... think it was faster other then that.
Why you should be unbanned: yeah man i just typed it above man pls :)
But if adminestretors think is bad i will stopping it np not again bros :)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Re: Yologeomancer unbanning plz

Postby Anda » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm

pls unban this bro, pmed ruling mod aswell and explained our sight... this kind of kc is allowed in lihl so i hope its more a mixup then anything else.
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
skarking (Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:50 pm)

skarking
Armored Tree

Postby skarking » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=135406&p=524020&hilit=yologeomancer#p524020 this was last time someone complain about juggle. I dont know 2nd offencesive when it get denied.... i just swapped i did not delay anything. i did 1 juggle what was not intentional. if i let king auto attack we lose more time. maybe shift was faster but if inot did the juggle was faster then shift easy man... cmon plz
want play bros. anda nice guys listen me

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 am

In my mind there are two parts to the attack of the king. MOBA players will be familiar with this, you have a 'wind up' animation and a 'wind down' animation. The windup is necessary for the attack to actually go off whereas the wind down animation is a cosmetic representation of the attack cooldown.

Since the wind down animation is not practically helpful or necessary for the king to attack you can see yologeo cancelling the wind down animation in favour of rotating the king to a new target. While this does look like juggling, it (to my knowledge and anecdotal experience watching good kcers) actually increases the efficiency of the king since as long as you dont overrotate him you can cancel some of the wind down animation and get a new attack faster with the caveat that this attack will be on a new target. As anda said above this kc is allowed in lihl because it is better than shifting and going afk when done well.

I understand that it appears to be juggling and granted he did miss a few inputs early on where the king did actually juggle but that happens, I think it was clear that was not his intention. I hope you can see where we are coming from and why we're concerned that a level of skill expression that we both allow and encourage in the league is seen as bannable on the public bots.

Its certainly possible that I'm missing something or lack a level of understanding of the rule/what constitutes juggling. If this is the case please explain where I'm lacking understanding.

Cheers
Last edited by epicdeath on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

oceano
Armored Tree

Postby oceano » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:23 am

epicdeath wrote:In my mind there are two parts to the attack of the king. MOBA players will be familiar with this, you have a 'wind up' animation and a 'wind down' animation. The windup is necessary for the attack to actually go off whereas the wind down animation is a cosmetic representation of the attack cooldown.

Since the wind down animation is not practically helpful or necessary for the king to attack you can see yologeo cancelling the wind down animation in favour of rotating the king to a new target. While this does look like juggling, it actually increases the efficiency of the king since as long as you dont overrotate him you can cancel some of the wind down animation and get a new attack faster with the caveat that this attack will be on a new target. As anda said above this kc is allowed in lihl because it is better than shifting and going afk when done well.

I understand that it appears to be juggling and granted he did miss a few inputs early on where the king did actually juggle but that happens, I think it was clear that was not his intention. I hope you can see where we are coming from and why we're concerned that a level of skill expression that we both allow and encourage in the league is seen as bannable on the public bots.

Cheers

Salute to this gentleman. Well played sir. So long story short, you get ban if you control the king like a pro and even cancel the animation for even faster kills and shorter ammount of time than actual "regular" (lets call it regular) or auto attack. Amazing community, amazing rules. Even more amazing are snobs that are even reporting this. Like Klaa for instance. This is just sad that yolo got banned for this even in first place

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 am

viewtopic.php?t=140371

I think moderation has made some poor decisions in the past here. Maybe you should try to correct this policy according to what epicdeath explained above.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 am

Its not about correcting moderation here at all. We agreed that if this was a lihl report we would deny it so we simply want a little clarification on the decision so that we can learn from it and take it to our own moderation. Keep in mind that the moderator who reviewed this case has more moderation experience than the entire lihl staff combined.
These users thanked the author epicdeath for the post:

skarking
Armored Tree

Postby skarking » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:15 am

admins i would really like play today if possible if u accept my appeal.... i am not adict i just have not alot to do this week on job so plz.
Also 5 day for 1Second man.... i dont know how is 2nd offence it was ages ago i get ban i am good boy btw.
1JUGGLE not purpose i just tryed kill as fast as possible.

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 am

after watching the replay I can confirm that this juggle does not hinder kill speed (intentionally), it just cost more hp.
Therefore, it is an unjust ban. OR at least a ban for the wrong reason because this guy did not break the following rules:
-Do not juggle the king preventing him from attacking or killing units.
-Do not change the king's target to delay killing
These users thanked the author MudMan for the post:

skarking
Armored Tree

Postby skarking » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:20 pm

is my 2nd day already over soon boys, can u maybe just deny this or just accept it :D i want to play if it getts accept today if possible bros.

AmnoN
ENT Staff

Postby AmnoN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:41 am

If anyone had actually bothered to read my explanation, it was pretty clear where I was coming from. I explained that this was due to having past offenses, otherwise, I likely would not have banned for it. I was very clear on the issue here as well where the missed targets/ inputs cost the efficiency that the user was trying to gain through animation-cancelling (yes, I am very familiar with this and have used it in the past), which is why I referred to it as sub-optimal. Further, I gave the minimum ban time for a second offense of this type for the reasons mentioned above.

LIHL is allowed to handle things their way and have a different set of rules, allowing those mods the latitude to handle cases differently. The rationale for this is that pubs function VERY differently than LIHL games (yes, I include 1200+ games as pubs since it is not challenging at all to get to and maintain 1200+ elo). LIHL players in pubs have a responsibility to read and understand the nuances of the ruleset - it is not up to the mods to ensure that they understand them, and it is not up to us to handle cases how an LIHL mod would (they do not get a special set of rules).

@skarking I will unban you this time, but if this comes up again, you will get a much longer ban and I will be very hesitant to unban you given your prior bans and this warning.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”