Appeal left accidentally

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Appeal left accidentally

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Your Warcraft III username:
Realm/Gateway:
Why are you banned:
Why you should be unbanned:
Appealed here before: viewtopic.php?t=142262

Got denied for weird reason.
It is really common that autobans happen and given that some players have thousands of games it's also quite normal that a couple of autobans pile up.
I did not leave intentionally and I wouldn't have any reason to do so. So I really don't understand what the 'strange timing' is referring to. Also don't know where my past bans have anything to do with an autoban for leaving a game. It is as I said, I left by accident and I am sorry I ruined that game for everyone else as well as myself.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Re: Appeal left accidentally

Postby Astros » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:01 pm

You leaked a lot of units and then left the game. You can say it was an accident but there is a probable cause as to why you left.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:04 pm

So, @Augustinus , why did you leave this game] then?

Kinda seems to me that it wasn't a normal dc, you just chose to leave for whatever reason. Your last LEGIT ban for leaving expired a week ago. You just don't seem to learn?

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:13 pm

@haunt you are referring to this? viewtopic.php?t=142105

According to Jabba41 the autoban is designed this way so you don't have to sit in a 3vs4 game. I do think that this ban was a moderation mistake and the autoban worked correctly.

However this is a completely different situation. It is as I said I tried to press alt tab to switch to a different screen, because of a graphic bug (some info window was stuck above my mini Menü) I pressed however alt q q by accident because q is next to the tab key. I never ragequitted before and I had zero in-game reasons to do so. I leaked a completely normal amount of creeps with my turret build and it was a completely open game.

As I said it was an accident and I am sorry I ruined this game for me and the others which is especially painfull since it's hard to find a lobby for 3 ppl.

It won't happen again, I will be cautious in the future.

Astros
Protector of Nature

Postby Astros » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

It's impossible for anyone to predict or assume correctly if you actually alt QQ'd or not. But you said you had no reason to and that is a lie. You leaked and then you left. Seems probable enough for a ban considering you have a flavorful history here.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:19 pm

I wouldn't have a flavorful ban history if you had not kept banning me for minor stuff. I don't know what kind of grudge you hold against me since you don't even play ltd and I also don't understand your motivation for this input here. You don't play LTD Mega and your assessment that I leaked and left is just wrong here since I didn't even leak a lot and secondly I have thousands of games. What you refer to is comon behaviour on battle.net where ppl play for the first time, but you will hardly find anyone on the 1200+ bot doing this.
Just stating that my leaving was a ragequit because of leaking to warrior is really ridiculous. It happens every other game, there are some builds where you risk these leaks and it it completely expected to leak heavily when warriors come.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm

No, I'm referring to this game. Then before that there was this game. Before that there is a bunch of other violations. You got over 10 LEGIT bans on your account this year alone. So you saying "won't happen again" doesn't sound too convincing.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:23 pm

I have never ragequitted though? Why am I treated asif I am making this up since I wanted to play with friends in fact.
I actually wrote a complaint about the ban above and 2 other bans issued by the same mod, but got the option to do so denied because Astros isn't a moderator anymore. I don't know why it is so unbelievable since I have thousands of games and I never ragequitted.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm

The last two bans (both for leaving) have been issued by autoban....

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Which last 2 bans? I have only left this game here. This is the only autoban I got for leaving.

It was certainly not my intention to leave. It was as I said an accident. I can show you the discord chat with my friends in PM to give more ground to me claiming I accidently pressed qq.
Last edited by Augustinus on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:31 pm

I was dropped in the lobby by connection issues the other game. I didn't leave the game and got a 2h ban or something on it. Also shouldn't have happened but this is something I can't influence.

The last game was the one and only full game I can remember that I left. So you can very well believe me it was a mistake and it won't happen again. As I said I can show you the messages with said other players as proof.

It also happened to other players from what I gather here in the appeal section. I will pay attention to this in the future. @Haunt

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Next time to ban stays...

Unbanned.

Return to “Processed Appeals”